Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 112. (Read 1289635 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
January 22, 2016, 01:25:58 PM
wheatclove: I think the code he is talking about is the code being developed for our future market.
Yes i was researching the market and ending up at deadends in regards to even the functional requirements.. So im guessing it was developed and designed at the same time :s

i guess its ok aslong as code coverage is high, which i doubt.
As a "journalist", do you always guess this much?
Activity: 606
Merit: 500
January 22, 2016, 12:10:46 PM
wheatclove: I think the code he is talking about is the code being developed for our future market.
Yes i was researching the market and ending up at deadends in regards to even the functional requirements.. So im guessing it was developed and designed at the same time :s

code coverage is pretty good here. only a handful of minor bugs through all of the new releases.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
January 22, 2016, 11:42:32 AM

Activity: 624
Merit: 250
January 22, 2016, 09:49:47 AM
Activity: 821
January 22, 2016, 07:52:37 AM
wheatclove: "I'm gonna not bother fully researching this topic. Instead, I'll just post some assumptions about your project. Oh I was wrong? I'm not gonna redact my article."

That's what this sounds like to me.

I was going with what was given, with no documentation at the time and no code to look at (remember its private source code) which is funny in a crypto currency community. Again please give your points and I will update, I want the details of shade to be flushed out on paper so everyone can compare on equal levels.

And another load of nonsense ...
Shadows entire codebase is opensource and available on a single repo on github for all released versions.
January 22, 2016, 07:50:13 AM
Is shade marketplace onchain? That is welcome news and i will uodate if so, please keep in mind that there was scarce news when i made this comparison so im reading about escrow and reputation just now here and would be good to get an update so i can update thr article.

I originally responded to this article (must be like six months ago?) when it was bought to my attention .. see https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11310173
Quickly scanning it again shows you still have not grasped how Shadow "what is shade?" works - let alone the P2P market place (no offence but your comments re: Shadow and its code thus far shows you have little ability to comprehend the technology or ongoing development).

I suggest you wait for beta or RC when more documentation will be available so you can compare it based on the actual design.

Please give me details to update and I will do it. I have over 15 years software development experience and have implemented syscoins decentralized marketplace, im pretty sure I can understand the technology. I don't want to keep running after you for the benefit of updating sections of the article that will only benefit you, so you will actually have to work with me here if you want something done.

What a load of nonsense ...
You say you have 15 years software development yet cannot even read the Shadow code to understand the tech. A great example of this was
Code:
ShadowCoin’s marketplace plans to offer anonymous transactions leveraging Darkcoin’s (now DASH) darksend feature

There is not a single line of code which Shadow shares with Dark/Dash/Whatever they call themselves today outside of the Bitcoin fork. How you came to assumption that Shadow was using their tech is beyond me.
Afterall someone with your "15 years software development" cannot work that out?
This was later retracted in your article but shows your failure and why the article is just marketing fluff for your failed project.

I loved the fact that you wrote the response in syscoin's thread with one word answers, typical of someone who is lazy and/or lacks understanding of what was written (could be due the way it was written which could have been done better) and aswell as the reader in question. I think you misunderstood some of the material and need to actually reach a little deeper to understand the implications of what I was saying... some of its pretty subtle and you need to really understand the business, economic and technical incentives of a decentralized marketplace to know where I am getting at, I believe you are missing 2 of the Cheers
I could not have said this better myself, the bold quote text above is exactly what your article portrays ...

wheatclove: "I'm gonna not bother fully researching this topic. Instead, I'll just post some assumptions about your project. Oh I was wrong? I'm not gonna redact my article."

I was going with what was given, with no documentation at the time and no code to look at (remember its private source code) which is funny in a crypto currency community. Again please give your points and I will update, I want the details of shade to be flushed out on paper so everyone can compare on equal levels.
Why would you do an "in depth" analysis then if you can't really do that since you really had nothing to go off of it sounds like?
Exactly Wink
Activity: 896
January 22, 2016, 04:21:10 AM

Why would you do an "in depth" analysis, if you can't really do that, since you really had nothing to go off of it sounds like?
legendary
January 21, 2016, 04:27:29 PM

January 21, 2016, 04:25:39 PM

legendary
January 21, 2016, 04:20:44 PM
Is shade marketplace onchain? That is welcome news and i will uodate if so, please keep in mind that there was scarce news when i made this comparison so im reading about escrow and reputation just now here and would be good to get an update so i can update thr article.

I originally responded to this article (must be like six months ago?) when it was bought to my attention .. see https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11310173
Quickly scanning it again shows you still have not grasped how Shadow "what is shade?" works - let alone the P2P market place (no offence but your comments re: Shadow and its code thus far shows you have little ability to comprehend the technology or ongoing development).

I suggest you wait for beta or RC when more documentation will be available so you can compare it based on the actual design.

Please give me details to update and I will do it. I have over 15 years software development experience and have implemented syscoins decentralized marketplace, im pretty sure I can understand the technology. I don't want to keep running after you for the benefit of updating sections of the article that will only benefit you, so you will actually have to work with me here if you want something done.

I loved the fact that you wrote the response in syscoin's thread with one word answers, typical of someone who is lazy and/or lacks understanding of what was written (could be due the way it was written which could have been done better) and aswell as the reader in question. I think you misunderstood some of the material and need to actually reach a little deeper to understand the implications of what I was saying... some of its pretty subtle and you need to really understand the business, economic and technical incentives of a decentralized marketplace to know where I am getting at, I believe you are missing 2 of the 3.

Cheers
January 21, 2016, 01:29:57 PM

legendary
January 21, 2016, 12:44:36 PM
I did a comparison of shade marketplace over other marketplaces

Dropship support is misleading for decentalized marketplaces. Are you saying SYS is adding "modules" from places like Doba? Just curious, because I'm a wholesaler IRL and will dropship over multiple decentralized marketplaces like OpenBazaar and ShadowMarket. I don't need a module to do so. Why pay fees to a middle man? I'd highlight these "modules" as a feature of SYS in your manifesto instead of a comparison point.

Same with Payment Processors. ShadowMarket is definitely not going to ever have those modules. And OpenBazaar is also never going to ever have those modules. Both teams have fundamentally built their systems on a cryptocurrency that takes the middle man out of p2p transactions. Hence "decentralized".

btw, Shadow is built on the same bitcoin code satoshi coded as SYS. Not bitmessage

Lastly, a decentralized marketplace is just one feature of the Privacy Platform the Shadow Project is creating. Can you communicate within SYS or the other marketplaces with clients within the platform, securely and privately?

I'll take longer to read later. I appreciate your breath of review.

Regarding dropship support, it is the builtin onchain support of being able to resell others offers.. For example if bobsurplus is selling tennis goods and you wish to resell his tennis stuff for a slight markup (or not) you can relist based on his offer and customer pays you the cut and him his cut.. Ofcourse this is vendor controlled through a whitelist and enable disable control on the feature so only those that he sends a certificate to can relist his offers, it is quite flexibile for a vendor who is wholesaling. It is done onchain and controlled by security of blockchain.. Using certificates.

There is private messaging between private keys.. Using public key encryption with ecdh technology, sending messages to public keys (or aliases) for convenient private communication. Its probably similar to shade if they have aliases.
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
January 21, 2016, 12:31:46 PM
I did a comparison of shade marketplace over other marketplaces

Dropship support is misleading for decentalized marketplaces. Are you saying SYS is adding "modules" from places like Doba? Just curious, because I'm a wholesaler IRL and will dropship over multiple decentralized marketplaces like OpenBazaar and ShadowMarket. I don't need a module to do so. Why pay fees to a middle man? I'd highlight these "modules" as a feature of SYS in your manifesto instead of a comparison point.

Same with Payment Processors. ShadowMarket is definitely not going to ever have those modules. And OpenBazaar is also never going to ever have those modules. Both teams have fundamentally built their systems on a cryptocurrency that takes the middle man out of p2p transactions. Hence "decentralized".

btw, Shadow is built on the same bitcoin code satoshi coded as SYS. Not bitmessage

Lastly, a decentralized marketplace is just one feature of the Privacy Platform the Shadow Project is creating. Can you communicate within SYS or the other marketplaces with clients within the platform, securely and privately?

I'll take longer to read later. I appreciate your breath of review.
January 21, 2016, 12:18:07 PM
code: I've barely read your so called in-depth analysis but you clearly haven't taken the time to figure out how our system works. You do not need to have a node/server running to have your listing online. Every node in the network, stores the listing according for a specific duration dictated by the paid listing fee. Only OpenBazaar requires you to run a server 24/7.
legendary
Activity: 812
January 21, 2016, 06:00:27 AM
Fu fu fu fu fu fu fu fu

U fucking saffer asshole mofos

Thanks for your support.  Smiley

Yeah umm… Wanderlust would like to apologize for being blind drunk and more importantly a TOTAL DICK last night. If the dear reader knows what an utter twat is, then I was that too.

I truly apologize
@ryno and to all the saffers.

Wont happen again. My bad.
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
Leave nothing but a shadow.
January 20, 2016, 05:40:39 PM
Fu fu fu fu fu fu fu fu

Thanks for your support.  Smiley
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
January 20, 2016, 05:20:41 PM
Fu fu fu fu fu fu fu fu

January 20, 2016, 04:50:58 PM
code: As previously stated, the community has madr decision to stop taking the shit some malicious trolls are trying to perpetuate. They are free to do so on the forum in a seperate thread. There is a fine line between spam and censorship, sometimes people may feel we cross the line but we feel there are plently of other means to perpetuate your point of view so calling it censorship is a tad foolish. This thread is for development and community updates and discussion. Period.
January 20, 2016, 05:40:37 AM
code: Thank you LiteBit for the update! I hope some volunteers will join us in our quest to write about this wonderful project Smiley
Jump to: