Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 114. (Read 1289635 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 255
January 12, 2016, 03:41:43 AM
price is really cheap now   Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
Activity: 624
Merit: 250
January 11, 2016, 07:53:51 PM
code: Hmm weird.
We've had an issue with that but we solved it some time ago..

Could you give us a bit more information?

Are you running a HD wallet?
Did this error occur suddenly or after an update?

IsLocked() is returning true in the code, while it should return false, hence that's why it stops working.

In the mean time, can you back up your wallet.dat, stop any shadowcoind daemons that might be running and remove the contents of .shadowcoin folder except the wallet.dat and shadowcoind.conf file!

Extract the contents of this ZIP into your .shadowcoin folder:

Try running shadowcoind after that.
Activity: 700
Merit: 508
January 11, 2016, 07:24:33 PM
code: Hi entertheabyss,
Can you try:
1. git pull
2. cd src
3. make -f makefile.unix
4. Run shadowcoind like you normally would

when i try to pull i get
Code:
Already up-to-date.
January 11, 2016, 02:55:31 PM
code: Hi entertheabyss,
Can you try:
1. git pull
2. cd src
3. make -f makefile.unix
4. Run shadowcoind like you normally would

January 11, 2016, 02:28:35 PM
code: @entertheabyss,
Did you compile shadowcoind yourself?

yes
legendary
Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000
Never compromise your standards!
January 11, 2016, 01:03:33 PM
I've been trying to sync my old wallet (1.3.2.1-1) so that I can transfer funds to my new wallet and it will not sync.  It never updated from the last time I opened the wallet.  I deleted everything and wanted to retry downloading the blockchain.  Says I have 2 active connections but nothing is getting downloaded.

What's up with it?

Any wallet version prior to 1.3.3.6 will not sync due to a fork that occurred with the implementation of the improved ring signature scheme around version 1.3.3.4.

You don't need to move funds from an old version to a new version. Your wallet.dat should load into any and all versions of the SDC wallet.

When I asked about upgrading the old wallet to the new wallet, dasource posted this...  see link
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13257379

"If all goes well, you have the correct mnemonic and can then go back to your old wallet and send all your funds to the new wallet." 

So I do not need an order version of the wallet?  Just replace the wallet files (in the latest software) and send the old wallet funds to the new wallet address?

Those instructions are to utilize the newest HD wallet BIP39 feature which allows you to load your coins into any SDC wallet simply by memorizing a passphrase.

Before even being able to utilize that feature, you'll need access to your coins on a current blockchain (which none of the the older wallet versions will be able to sync to).

I'd copy a backup of your wallet.dat file (old fashion copy+paste, not the wallet backup function inside the client), install the latest wallet version, let the blockchain sync fully (your coins should automatically show up in the new wallet version, but incase they dont, load your backup wallet.dat into the application data folder).

After that, if you wish to utilize the BIP39 function, follow dasource's instructions.

I'm glad SDC developers have addressed future paranoia well in advance. When this coin goes above $1, I'm sure there will be plenty of reasons to use the extra security. For now I'm just glad the updates have been relatively seamless.
Looking forward to coming updates...
January 11, 2016, 12:52:28 PM
code: @entertheabyss,
Did you compile shadowcoind yourself?
January 11, 2016, 06:33:48 AM
code: @Abiky,
No problem, glad to help out!
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
January 10, 2016, 09:47:03 PM
Remove the bootstrap.dat file and extract the contents of this ZIP into your .shadowcoin folder:

I have removed the bootstrap.dat from within the appdata directory and then placed the contents of the zip file into it. After that, the splash screen appeared with a message that stated: Rescanning. It only took from 10 to 15 mins and now I am fully synced! Thanks a lot! You just saved me a lot of time and headaches with this. Now I can transfer all of my SDC from a paper wallet to the client wallet.  Cheesy
January 10, 2016, 08:25:03 PM
code: You'll be up and running your Shadow node in a matter of minutes!
January 10, 2016, 08:22:26 PM
code: You'll be up and running your Shadow node in a matter of minutes!
January 10, 2016, 08:21:27 PM
Remove the bootstrap.dat file and extract the contents of this ZIP into your .shadowcoin folder:

January 10, 2016, 07:50:04 PM
hello i am getting an error when running shadowcoind. maybe someone can help?

Code:
shadowcoind: wallet.cpp:6490: bool CWallet::GetKeyFromPool(CPubKey&, bool): Assertion `false' failed.

Are you running the most recent release? This was one of the last bugs to be fixed.

I am running :

Code:
    "version" : "v1.3.3.6-5-gf968b3c", 

what is the current version?
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
January 10, 2016, 07:41:41 PM
I've been trying to sync my old wallet (1.3.2.1-1) so that I can transfer funds to my new wallet and it will not sync.  It never updated from the last time I opened the wallet.  I deleted everything and wanted to retry downloading the blockchain.  Says I have 2 active connections but nothing is getting downloaded.

What's up with it?

About wallet syncing issues, I might say that everything is fine except for the part that comes to import the blockchain from the bootstrap.dat file. It takes days for it to finish importing, and I cannot access the SDC wallet GUI because of this. After it takes a long time (8 hours or more) the splash screen freezes and I have to end the process via the task manager. Then I try this again another day, but everything is still the same. I hope that the new SDC wallet could be released soon so I could finally get to access the client itself.  Sad
January 10, 2016, 07:33:37 PM
code: Step 0. Get the latest version and wait till blockchain is synced!!
Step 1. Back up wallet and rename it to wallet_old.dat
Step 2. Create the new wallet through the process of dasource's post. Copy the a receive address!
Step 3. Close client
Step 4. Rename wallet.dat to wallet_HD.dat
Step 5. Rename wallet_old.dat to wallet.dat
Step 6. Start client and send coins to the address you copied in step 2.
Step 7. Close client, rename wallet.dat to wallet_old.dat
Step 8. Rename wallet_HD.dat to wallet.dat and check if you have the coins in your new wallet Smiley
Activity: 606
Merit: 500
January 10, 2016, 07:29:20 PM

What's up with it?

Any wallet version prior to 1.3.3.6 will not sync due to a fork that occurred with the implementation of the improved ring signature scheme around version 1.3.3.4.

You don't need to move funds from an old version to a new version. Your wallet.dat should load into any and all versions of the SDC wallet.

When I asked about upgrading the old wallet to the new wallet, dasource posted this...  see link

"If all goes well, you have the correct mnemonic and can then go back to your old wallet and send all your funds to the new wallet." 

So I do not need an order version of the wallet?  Just replace the wallet files (in the latest software) and send the old wallet funds to the new wallet address?

Those instructions are to utilize the newest HD wallet BIP39 feature which allows you to load your coins into any SDC wallet simply by memorizing a passphrase.

Before even being able to utilize that feature, you'll need access to your coins on a current blockchain (which none of the the older wallet versions will be able to sync to).

I'd copy a backup of your wallet.dat file (old fashion copy+paste, not the wallet backup function inside the client), install the latest wallet version, let the blockchain sync fully (your coins should automatically show up in the new wallet version, but incase they dont, load your backup wallet.dat into the application data folder).

After that, if you wish to utilize the BIP39 function, follow dasource's instructions.
Activity: 532
January 10, 2016, 07:22:20 PM

What's up with it?

January 10, 2016, 11:59:28 AM

What's up with it?

January 10, 2016, 11:57:05 AM
hello i am getting an error when running shadowcoind. maybe someone can help?

Code:
shadowcoind: wallet.cpp:6490: bool CWallet::GetKeyFromPool(CPubKey&, bool): Assertion `false' failed.

Are you running the most recent release? This was one of the last bugs to be fixed.
Activity: 532
January 10, 2016, 11:54:26 AM

What's up with it?
Jump to: