Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 115. (Read 1289635 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 508
January 10, 2016, 06:24:59 AM
hello i am getting an error when running shadowcoind. maybe someone can help?

Code:
shadowcoind: wallet.cpp:6490: bool CWallet::GetKeyFromPool(CPubKey&, bool): Assertion `false' failed.
Activity: 302
Merit: 250
Never before 11 P.M.
January 10, 2016, 01:02:11 AM
The deadline for the market release was postponed again. Why?

No deadlines ever existed

Then what's this?

What’s next?
Our next development update will include an updated and improved GUI for ShadowCore (GUI 2.0) and the release of ShadowMarket v1 testnet (Alpha). Our team is working around the clock to finish everything before the end of this year.

A goal?

So there will never be a deadline? If so, what's your point Wheatclove? How can anyone believe you?

You're right! Call them into your office, ask them what they've been doing and tell them you're going to fire them if they don't meet the deadline. You're not paying them to just sit around.

All I want for Christmas is a deadline

At least this is still highly priced vapor ware, give them credit for their Photoshop abilities.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
January 07, 2016, 08:45:28 PM
 Grin

Need more emotes...
Activity: 606
Merit: 500
January 07, 2016, 06:42:56 PM

Then what's this?

What’s next?
Our next development update will include an updated and improved GUI for ShadowCore (GUI 2.0) and the release of ShadowMarket v1 testnet (Alpha). Our team is working around the clock to finish everything before the end of this year.

A goal?

So there will never be a deadline? If so, what's your point Wheatclove? How can anyone believe you?

You're right! Call them into your office, ask them what they've been doing and tell them you're going to fire them if they don't meet the deadline. You're not paying them to just sit around.

All I want for Christmas is a deadline
Activity: 503
January 07, 2016, 04:18:55 PM

Then what's this?

What’s next?

A goal?

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
http://jupitertheproducer.bandcamp.com
January 06, 2016, 01:50:16 PM
First post.

Lurker since 2012.

Eagerly watching this project for over a year.

Wallet running smooth on Linux Kubuntu, staking away with 53 peers.

Regarding cryptsy, I had to sell my SDC at a loss last summer because they never actually had a working SDC wallet. My coins were locked in their non-functional wallet for 9 months before I finally had to sell and get the hell out of that exchange. The BTC withdrawal took 2 weeks. Sorry for those who didn't see it coming, and note that it may continue to affect the price as people were probably having to do the same as I. I remember how it felt while waiting for that withdraw - the feeling of "I knew this was gonna happen."  Undecided

Its the slow death of a low-volume exchange that almost everyone has had coins in at some point. It seems this week may be the end. Not sure how much SDC was left in their hands yet.

Regarding the team here - I've seen consistent excellence on the github progress and in the current wallet, especially for such a small team. They are taking the time to address community concerns while being focused on defending their right to take the time necessary to deliver a secure, functioning product. I have seen them being responsive and willing to engage and address the concerns of even the most obvious (and oblivious) trolls. There isn't enough money here to justify it being anything other than a legitimate group of individuals working hard, probably living off Top Ramen, for something that I believe is really going to pay off in the future.

I see a ton of great enthusiasm here as well.  Grin

I think 2016 is the year for blockchains and decentralized services to hit the mainstream. If you've been watching the press on all if it since 2011, you'll see that there has been a complete bi-polar shift in media doubt to media downright shoving the glory of fin-tech down the public's throat.

There aren't many SDC to go around. Scoop 'em up at these bargain prices.

Activity: 821
January 06, 2016, 09:48:18 AM
The SDC wallet on my VPS (1.3.3.6) stopped syncing since 8 days ago. Stuck on block 690174. Tried restarting/rebooting etc.

What do?

Try "rewindchain 1000" in the console and restart the client when prompted.

Thanks for the quick reply, but didn't work. Result was "failure"

Restarted the wallet, chain is now stuck a few hundred blocks earlier.

I also noticed I have only 4 connections with the new 1.3.3.6. How come?

You can download a clean blockchain file here : https://github.com/shadowproject/blockchain (extract the file in the directory overwritting the existing files - always backup wallet.dat)

Delete peers.dat file before restarting.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
January 06, 2016, 09:45:58 AM
The SDC wallet on my VPS (1.3.3.6) stopped syncing since 8 days ago. Stuck on block 690174. Tried restarting/rebooting etc.

What do?

Thanks for the quick reply, but didn't work. Result was "failure"

Restarted the wallet, chain is now stuck a few hundred blocks earlier.

I also noticed I have only 4 connections with the new 1.3.3.6. How come?
Activity: 821
January 06, 2016, 09:31:43 AM

What do?

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
January 06, 2016, 09:06:40 AM

What do?
Activity: 624
Merit: 250
January 06, 2016, 04:32:39 AM
code: There are only targets.
Not you, nor anybody else for that matter has the right to request deadlines. This is open source and we don't have deadlines, just targets.
Activity: 671
Merit: 505
January 06, 2016, 12:01:46 AM

Then what's this?

What’s next?

A goal?

So there will never be a deadline?

As soon as it works with no issues is their deadline.

As far as I've observed, deadlines don't exist in unfunded software development. If all the devs were receiving a salary for their work on Shadow, I'm sure there would be plenty of deadlines and ETAs.

If only we had scamcoin devs. They could have gotten rich for developing a pump and dump coin and then worked on Shadow full-time.

Please don't sell me these shits. Non-adherence to the promises (as I understand the term "deadline") is a lie.

Whatever bro

I've been in the IT sector for a while, please don't play the monkey-victim role.

WHATEVER like "fuck it, we got the BTC we needed"?
January 05, 2016, 11:59:56 PM

Then what's this?

What’s next?

A goal?

As far as I've observed, deadlines don't exist in unfunded software development. If all the devs were receiving a salary for their work on Shadow, I'm sure there would be plenty of deadlines and ETAs.

If only we had scamcoin devs. They could have gotten rich for developing a pump and dump coin and then worked on Shadow full-time.

Please don't sell me these shits. Non-adherence to the promises (as I understand the term "deadline") is a lie.

Whatever bro
January 05, 2016, 11:57:55 PM

Then what's this?

What’s next?

A goal?

January 05, 2016, 11:55:11 PM

Then what's this?

What’s next?

A goal?

January 05, 2016, 11:51:21 PM

Then what's this?

What’s next?

A goal?

January 05, 2016, 11:49:49 PM

Then what's this?

What’s next?

A goal?
January 05, 2016, 11:48:30 PM

Then what's this?

What’s next?

I guess you know English better than me, however the SDC investors are not sheeps. Understood?
January 05, 2016, 10:37:40 PM

January 05, 2016, 10:26:35 PM
Jump to: