Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 118. (Read 1289635 times)

Activity: 473
Merit: 250
December 20, 2015, 06:41:32 AM
I installed windows again and the wallet and 419 sdc are missing..
What is the command to fix it please ?!

i had created a new adresse for withdraw these 419 sdc
so this withdraw adress is not in my old wallet.dat
i think this is the pb ...
so how can i refresh it ?!
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012
December 20, 2015, 04:51:05 AM
I am really enjoying the development of this coin, the integration with tails will be a really great step forward .
Dev do shadowcash actually some electrum or  web wallet working?

thanks and keep the good work

you can use the wallet in thin mode via settings (sort of light wallet, you don't have to store the blockchain)
Activity: 624
December 19, 2015, 09:14:51 PM
code: Addenum to my last post:
Static QtWebKit is unsupported, but maybe not impossible, more details about this:
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
December 19, 2015, 09:07:58 PM
I am really enjoying the development of this coin, the integration with tails will be a really great step forward .
Dev do shadowcash actually some electrum or  web wallet working?

thanks and keep the good work
December 19, 2015, 09:06:09 PM
code: I think a simple solution is to set -rpath to include the shared libraries of all the Qt libs next to the executable and package it into a zip. Because QtWebKit is not technically supported for compiling as a static library on Linux. I have no idea how Ryno did it for Windows and if that is applicable to Linux, my first guess is no.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
December 19, 2015, 08:30:12 PM
code: After some research it seems that static QtWebKit libraries are not available and thus a no-go. On the other hand, we're looking into a solution which is packaged with shared libraries. As for compiling on the Pi, I assume that we'll also have to use shared libraries (darn QtWebKit).  
https://github.com/sidhujag/syscoin2/tree/rebranded0.12?files=1

I compile qt statically, you can crosscompile to win on ubuntu

Thanks; I see you have forked bitcoin 0.12 branch.
Bitcoin reluctantly moved to a static QT 5.x (which has its pros and cons) however that does not include QtWebKit ... I have not tested it personally but I understand it may be a no-go (code?). However saying that I am sure with enough vested time one can get it to work (although one has to question why Linux users would require that when they can just as easily compile from source OR install the relevant libraries using apt-get/yum/etc and use the shared library executable).

We already include a static Windows executable (as that makes sense).

If you know of a working static QT build including QtWebKit .. happy to take a look.

Doesnt include webkit? Damn im gonna need that too when i do the gui for image loading via url.. Im sure its easy to add just follow the pattern. Once i do it i can ping you or if you do it plz ping me
Activity: 821
December 19, 2015, 07:31:09 PM
code: We have decided to spend some time making Shadow available on the Tails operating system. It is feasible, but at the moment it is not a one-click-go solutions, it requires extra steps (like installing Qt). The fix looks simple and boils down to shifting away from dynamic Qt libraries to static ones.

Would this switch from dynamic to static Qt libraries also help with the compile of GUI on RPi? For the life of me I can't compile Qt5 on my rpi, nor find any tut online to explain how to do it.

Not necessarily ...
I have not had time to test it on a RPi yet but what issue/errors are you having?
December 19, 2015, 07:28:52 PM
code: After some research it seems that static QtWebKit libraries are not available and thus a no-go. On the other hand, we're looking into a solution which is packaged with shared libraries. As for compiling on the Pi, I assume that we'll also have to use shared libraries (darn QtWebKit).  

Thanks; I see you have forked bitcoin 0.12 branch.
Bitcoin reluctantly moved to a static QT 5.x (which has its pros and cons) however that does not include QtWebKit ... I have not tested it personally but I understand it may be a no-go (code?). However saying that I am sure with enough vested time one can get it to work (although one has to question why Linux users would require that when they can just as easily compile from source OR install the relevant libraries using apt-get/yum/etc and use the shared library executable).

We already include a static Windows executable (as that makes sense).

If you know of a working static QT build including QtWebKit .. happy to take a look.
December 19, 2015, 07:21:57 PM
Only slightly familiar with Tails. Is there an option to save data permanently in Tails? Downloading the blockchain every time Tails boots would be very inconvenient.

Yes, Tails has an option to enable an encrypted persistent volume.

My understanding is Tails has an option for "persistent volume" ... in which case it should work. I have not tested it though yet and would certainly weaken some of its appeal.

In reference to TOR/I2P .. you can run the wallet on a normal PC and point the Proxy (Tor) or SAM Bridge (I2P) to the Tails device.
On a side note, I2P works best when it has been running for a few hours (preferably days) ... so your best bet is to have a dedicated device which runs the I2P router and pointing the SAM Bridge connection from the Shadow wallet to it .. a RPI would be perfect for this and support the I2P network.

I really like the idea of separation, therefore having everything Bitcoin / ShadowCash related on a different 'machine' sounds neat.

Yes, a RPI could be nice for running I2P 24/7. Additionally having the possibility to install ShadowCash on Tails could potentially help the project, especially with the market around the corner. Also the user don't have to configure / install I2P or Tor since Tails already provides both. But being able to install it on Tails offers another useful thing: One solid base OS, there lots of Tails users out there, which could also become ShadowCash users and there it could be easier to offer instructions on how to get it to work. I hope you get what I mean.

I tested TailsOS earlier and was able to compile both "daemon" and "qt" from source (qt requiring a minor tweak due to a debian dependency for qt - add "qtbase5-dev" and "qtchooser" to the apt-get install list) .. If I recall correctly earlier in the thread you said you was having an issue compiling .. what was the exact issue?
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
December 19, 2015, 06:01:48 PM

December 19, 2015, 05:45:08 PM
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
December 19, 2015, 04:43:03 PM
code: We have decided to spend some time making Shadow available on the Tails operating system. It is feasible, but at the moment it is not a one-click-go solutions, it requires extra steps (like installing Qt). The fix looks simple and boils down to shifting away from dynamic Qt libraries to static ones.

Would this switch from dynamic to static Qt libraries also help with the compile of GUI on RPi? For the life of me I can't compile Qt5 on my rpi, nor find any tut online to explain how to do it.
December 17, 2015, 03:21:39 PM
Activity: 503
Merit: 500
December 17, 2015, 02:54:26 PM

Only slightly familiar with Tails. Is there an option to save data permanently in Tails? Downloading the blockchain every time Tails boots would be very inconvenient.

Not to mention having to get all your wallet data from somewhere. The best way to do it would be to write all the distributed stuff to the hard drive and all the personal stuff to the Tails stick. That way every Shadow user's .shadow directory on the drive would be exactly the same.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
December 17, 2015, 10:44:16 AM

Yes, Tails has an option to enable an encrypted persistent volume.

My understanding is Tails has an option for "persistent volume" ... in which case it should work. I have not tested it though yet and would certainly weaken some of its appeal.

In reference to TOR/I2P .. you can run the wallet on a normal PC and point the Proxy (Tor) or SAM Bridge (I2P) to the Tails device.
On a side note, I2P works best when it has been running for a few hours (preferably days) ... so your best bet is to have a dedicated device which runs the I2P router and pointing the SAM Bridge connection from the Shadow wallet to it .. a RPI would be perfect for this and support the I2P network.

I really like the idea of separation, therefore having everything Bitcoin / ShadowCash related on a different 'machine' sounds neat.

Yes, a RPI could be nice for running I2P 24/7. Additionally having the possibility to install ShadowCash on Tails could potentially help the project, especially with the market around the corner. Also the user don't have to configure / install I2P or Tor since Tails already provides both. But being able to install it on Tails offers another useful thing: One solid base OS, there lots of Tails users out there, which could also become ShadowCash users and there it could be easier to offer instructions on how to get it to work. I hope you get what I mean.
December 17, 2015, 10:23:52 AM
Great update! Regarding I2P / Tor support: Dear devs, please post instructions on how to install ShadowCash on Tails 1.8, since it comes both with I2P and Tor already pre-installed and pre-configured.

My understanding is Tails has an option for "persistent volume" ... in which case it should work. I have not tested it though and it could certainly weaken the appeal of using Tails to begin with.

December 17, 2015, 10:17:55 AM
Great update! Regarding I2P / Tor support: Dear devs, please post instructions on how to install ShadowCash on Tails 1.8, since it comes both with I2P and Tor already pre-installed and pre-configured.

Unless you used this : https://github.com/shadowproject/blockchain (see how I sneaked that in) ...
Activity: 606
Merit: 500
December 17, 2015, 10:15:17 AM

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
December 17, 2015, 09:41:19 AM

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
December 17, 2015, 07:29:56 AM
thx but doesnt work you have the hero sig, need senior one.

Hello,

it should work for Senior as it has no glow added - it was the Senior sig as I remember Smiley

(I made it).

I can post the Shadow sig codes here if you like. But as I remember Shadow developers were using different signatures since back then as they liked it more than mine Smiley (seems like @longAndShort  have the signature which they choose to use since back then)

Best regards.
Jump to: