Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 129. (Read 1289635 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002
October 31, 2015, 08:02:44 PM
Announcement

Coin price ticker

Added support for exchanges Bittrex and Cryptsy for coin ShadowCash.

Coin price ticker supports three exchanges(Bittrex, Cryptsy, and Poloniex) for ShadowCash.

Also new
The navigation menu is coin based in stead of exchange based.

Go to play store to download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=wiskunde.nl.coinpriceticker&hl=nl

Sincerely,

Wiskunde

Very nice :-) it works pretty well
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
October 31, 2015, 07:11:39 PM
Announcement

Coin price ticker

Added support for exchanges Bittrex and Cryptsy for coin ShadowCash.

Coin price ticker supports three exchanges(Bittrex, Cryptsy, and Poloniex) for ShadowCash.

Also new
The navigation menu is coin based in stead of exchange based.

Go to play store to download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=wiskunde.nl.coinpriceticker&hl=nl

Sincerely,

Wiskunde
Activity: 606
Merit: 500
October 30, 2015, 09:09:31 AM
We're trying to collect 10btc so that Ryno can spend the entire month of November working on the ShadowMarket.

He would also accept other means of donations (PayPal, etc).

His work for DarkSilk has been brought to everyone's attention. He had been paid to fix their code while still working on Shadow. We all need money to live. If you can spare a little, it will help Ryno get the Market released as soon as possible.

I'll let him post the address if he wishes and this post is allowed by the moderators.
Activity: 503
October 30, 2015, 03:28:17 AM
Two-party escrow. What a great idea!

This is much like an old and tested way of doing business on the street. You want some product or service, let's say the price is $20. You tear a $20 bill in half, give half to the provider of the goods or service and keep the other half. Then the bill is of no value to either of you. When the contract is fulfilled you give the provider the other half. That practice works because you cannot profit by screwing anyone; all you will gain is an enemy if you do that, and you will lose the ability to do business again.

Now to do it online requires just a little modification. One reason is that the consequences of making an anonymous enemy on the internet are not significant, it's not like you are going to get cornered one day and get your ass kicked like you do on the street. The other is that you are more likely to come in contact with someone who has a non-financial motivation for screwing someone online, such as a moral objection to some type of business done on the Shadow market. So False Seller creates a listing to sell something for 100 SDT. He puts up 100 SDT of his own funds to escrow. True Buyer sends False Seller 100 SDT and puts 100 SDT into escrow. Nothing is ever delivered. False Seller gets his 100 SDT back from True Buyer, plus he gets his jollies knowing he screwed that immoral True Buyer out of 200 SDT and it cost him only listing and transaction fees.

In order to make this work against such an actor there has to be a way to make the escrow amount significantly higher than the purchase amount. Let's say each party had to put 200 SDT into escrow, it is far less likely someone would be willing to lose 100 SDT to screw someone else out of 300 SDT.

It would also be nice to have a way for all in the community to know how much money ends up permanently sequestered in escrow, and in what listings. That will give us an idea of the actual money supply, and also of what kind of listings are problematic.
Activity: 448
Merit: 252
Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com
October 28, 2015, 06:40:33 PM
ShapeShift.io has released our instant exchange app for Android devices! Buy or sell Shadowcash with bitcoin and 45+ cryptos instantly on any Android device. Exchange anytime, anywhere: https://shapeshift.io/site/tools/shapeshift-mobile

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
October 28, 2015, 04:07:32 PM
People have been selling these satellite decryption codes for years on eBay. They all tend to get shut down at some stage.

There must be thousands of people that decrypt the codes on a computer and then create a server to ping the decrption codes to people buying access via eBay.

One guy had over 1,000 customers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKYBOX-OPENBOX-TECHNOMATE-VU-ZGEMMA-12-MONTH-MEGA-WARRANTY-GIFT-3-ROOMS-/301773606929?hash=item46431bd011:g:LfcAAOSw~bFWJpSY

Quote from: Yeah, right
PLEASE NOTE EBAY: THIS IS NOT A DESCRAMBLING SERVICE, THIS IS WARRANTY COVER ONLY, I AM NOT SELLING ANY ILLEGAL CHANNELS OR CHANNEL LISTS NOR DO I REPRESENT ANY MEDIA COMPANY NOR HAVE ACCESS TO ANY OF THEIR CONTENTS. DO NOT REMOVE LISTING AS IT IS IN ACCORDANCE WITH EBAY POLICIES.

The satellite businesses then have secret shoppers who then go on to close the eBay shops down.

At some point someone is going to figure out a way to put these on a decentralised market and who will the satellite businesses shut down then?

$30 for a simple code  Tongue
Activity: 896
October 28, 2015, 10:14:09 AM
Great job on everything devs! Running smooth as silk! Can't wait for the market next month!!!!1!

BTW it is great to see so many people active on Slack including the dev. I log in this morning expecting to be saying a quick hello to like 2 people and I end up having to tip the hat to a room full of talent. Grin
Activity: 339
Merit: 251
October 27, 2015, 10:51:59 PM
multipool down? or on wrong fork? haven't received a payment in 20 days or so and the website doesnt seem to load.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
October 27, 2015, 05:22:21 PM
code: The software mined the wrong fork because of a faulty RS2 transaction, you have to rescan or rewind

Ive tried  "scanforalltxns 600000" now, result was scan completed. But still stuck on block 616098  Angry

1. "rewindchain 1000" in console
2. Close Wallet
3. Delete peers.dat from app directory
4. Restart the client (now this may not work since you might be banned, if so leave your client off for 12 hours)
5. Check the block height against shadowchain.info once you are fully in sync.
6. Finally for sanity and reassurance run "reloadanondata"

This worked! Thank you.
Activity: 821
October 27, 2015, 04:44:27 PM
code: The software mined the wrong fork because of a faulty RS2 transaction, you have to rescan or rewind

Ive tried  "scanforalltxns 600000" now, result was scan completed. But still stuck on block 616098  Angry

1. "rewindchain 1000" in console
2. Close Wallet
3. Delete peers.dat from app directory
4. Restart the client (now this may not work since you might be banned, if so leave your client off for 12 hours)
5. Check the block height against shadowchain.info once you are fully in sync.
6. Finally for sanity and reassurance run "reloadanondata"
October 27, 2015, 04:28:26 PM
Tried:

21:28:04

Method not found (code -32601)
Activity: 624
Merit: 250
October 27, 2015, 03:06:02 PM
dadon: Did you try rewindchain ?
October 27, 2015, 03:02:28 PM

Ive tried  "scanforalltxns 600000" now, result was scan completed. But still stuck on block 616098  Angry
October 27, 2015, 01:50:53 PM
October 27, 2015, 01:22:43 PM
code: Have you followed the intructions?

From this I can tell: "The fork happened at block 615761"

I am past this block. What is wrong ??
Activity: 527
October 27, 2015, 01:21:04 PM
My wallet seems to be stuck loading blocks @ 616098.

I have recently updated my wallet to 1.3.3.6.

What do ?

Everything fine here. Try to off/on wallet,  or "run as administrator" if firewall block sdc.exe

October 27, 2015, 01:14:18 PM
code: Have you followed the intructions?
October 27, 2015, 12:59:22 PM
My wallet seems to be stuck loading blocks @ 616098.

I have recently updated my wallet to 1.3.3.6.

What do ?
Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050
October 26, 2015, 09:27:34 PM
Do you guys have an advertising plan for the markets once it goes live?

Not yet as far as i am aware. (complete plan) Are you thinking of leading/funding one?
Jump to: