Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 242. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
https://i.imgur.com/4vqY7nT.jpg

Update: Tuesday, 20 April 2015

New ShadowCore Client Now Available For Public Testing

Our development team has been hard at work integrating new features into ShadowCore that will better support our upcoming ShadowMarket. In order to best support a P2P marketplace environment the ShadowCore client has been updated to prepare the network to switch from using Proof of Stake to Proof of Stake v2. PoS v2’s revised coin weight calculation encourages greater network stability by not factoring in “coin age”. Therefore saving up coin age is no longer possible so nodes will need to be online more in order to get their stake reward. It'll involve a move from scrypt to SHA256 which will mean staking requires less processing power (especially helpful for mobile users wishing to stake their coins). The new system is also designed to solve security issues which made PoS v1 coins open to certain theoretical attacks. For more information see Blackcoin's Proof-of-Stake Protocol v2 white paper.                 

The upgrade took a great deal of work from the developers (you can view full details of the 230 changed files with 12,219 additions and 8,455 deletions here. There’s a summary of the changes in the release notes.

To participate in our public testing phase join the shadowtesting channel on slack.

ShadowGo Progress Update

We’re currently putting the finishing touches to an upgraded version of our Android wallet. This will give mobile users the full anonymizing functionality of ShadowSend v2. The beta version will be posted in the next few days for a short round of community testing before the full release. Stay tuned for further details.

ShadowMarket Progress Update

Good progress is being made on the Shadow Marketplace. Our developers expect to pick up speed now that all the necessary updates have been made to ShadowCore and a date has been scheduled for the PoS v2 hard fork. We will be working on upgrading ShadowChat for secure messaging, which will be the backbone of the whole market place, using BIP32 addresses for category trees. After that we will be working on anonymous mutltisig transactions. We are aiming to have a beta version ready for public testing and feedback within Q2. ShadowMarket will be the primary focus of our developers and the next feature to be added to the ShadowCore client.

Thank you all for your continued support and enthusiasm,

The Shadow Team

Rynomster (lead developer)

https://i.imgur.com/xQaKD1K.png
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
There is a lot of consideration being given to how to keep the community updated on a consistent and regular basis.  Everybody is busy as hell and that's why it hasn't come together yet.  

If the core team can agree on how and when the updates are written, proof read and published then it should be like a nicely oiled machine.

I too wish updates were more regular.  They will become more regular soon, I'm sure of it.

Just in case it was lost in the gifs.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Your hope is lacking if you require updates every few days from the devs.

MY hope lacking??! MINE?!  Angry

Here's the animated gif you threw at me months ago after you felt I got overexcited about ShadowSend v2 (as though that were even possible). I hereby return it to you Whaetclove…

You're like the clingy, jealous girlfriend who says she trusts you but needs to see your phone every hour you're together and needs you to call her every hour you're apart.
Instead of making a big fuss here on the thread about updates, just check the irc or slack logs and post what you find instead of asking every couple days. SDCdev is on pretty much daily. Also, ffmad gives some good insight as well pretty much every other day. But you know this so I don't understand all this hubbub continuously. It makes the thread look worse than fud imo. You were the one that told me to go to slack in the first place dudemeister, don't be a hippopotocritimus.

Dev's most recent testnet release not even a week ago was pretty awesome and is really stable imho.

TL;DR: Big releases get big PR graphical pushes. Development is aggregate.  Find the info and post it if you are concerned it isn't getting out there as much as it should.
As a rather new investor, I can't understand why you guys are killing child_harold. He makes a valid point. Not everyone will join slack, nor any other resource provided for many reasons both valid and banal. Whether you like it or not, the BTCtalk thread is a major resource that is the so called honey to your slack pot. This thread has to be maintained with the same alacrity as slack or whatever the heck there is. You guys kill him when he gets amped, you guys kill him when he wants news, you kill him when he questions the devs....Jesus christ. His questions are reasonable and valid. In this thread, half the time it feels like everbody's too cool for shit, the other time it's a gotta stay in lock step and not question anything, shout down the dissenters! I want to know these things as well. NO, I will not join slack. Yes, I expect updates to be posted here as well, perhaps by bot or dev or community member.  This community at times  feels, well,  strained. C_H takes care of troll slaying, but mostly its a hipsterish attitude.
P.S Give me a second, preparing for blow back.
Activity: 503
Devs and team have a day off,

Freedom Day
King's Day
etc.

Relax child_harold  Wink

snipped

we both know a hardfork block ann was expected. Not that that is really relevant. This thread has been chaotic last couple days… we need some Team member hands to steady the ship, even if it's only words they can offer atm.

Basic Communication! It is so easy.

Bad habit to get into though. We're supposed to be a trustless system, and in theory that means the devs could take a group croak and we'd carry on without them. They owe us nothing, and the only assurance we have is that they're on the same plane we are and don't want to see it crash either.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

MY hope lacking??! MINE?!  Angry

Here's the animated gif you threw at me months ago after you felt I got overexcited about ShadowSend v2 (as though that were even possible). I hereby return it to you Whaetclove…

You're like the clingy, jealous girlfriend who says she trusts you but needs to see your phone every hour you're together and needs you to call her every hour you're apart.
Instead of making a big fuss here on the thread about updates, just check the irc or slack logs and post what you find instead of asking every couple days. SDCdev is on pretty much daily. Also, ffmad gives some good insight as well pretty much every other day. But you know this so I don't understand all this hubbub continuously. It makes the thread look worse than fud imo. You were the one that told me to go to slack in the first place dudemeister, don't be a hippopotocritimus.

Dev's most recent testnet release not even a week ago was pretty awesome and is really stable imho.

TL;DR: Big releases get big PR graphical pushes. Development is aggregate.  Find the info and post it if you are concerned it isn't getting out there as much as it should.
Activity: 606

You made girls jealous? Unlikely.

Moreover you don't know me, my motivations or my dreams. Don't get personal with me.

"found a few bugs that we squashed. debugging is debugging is debugging and it will continue to be debugging until there is no more debugging  to be done."

official dev statement
Activity: 812

You made girls jealous? Unlikely.

Moreover you don't know me, my motivations or my dreams. Don't get personal with me.

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
There is a lot of consideration being given to how to keep the community updated on a consistent and regular basis.  Everybody is busy as hell and that's why it hasn't come together yet.  

If the core team can agree on how and when the updates are written, proof read and published then it should be like a nicely oiled machine.

I too wish updates were more regular.  They will become more regular soon, I'm sure of it.

legendary
Activity: 1246
ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.
Can someone give an update here as to how the new wallet is working on testnet?

It has a new feature called the skip60 indicator. Let's you know when skip buys in, so you can dump and vive versa.

Probably the best feature in the wallet.

Ok wheatclove so you have a hard on for skip and harold.  

How about a team member give us an update? dasource??

+1

Even if its non-technical! Words of reassurance would suffice.

(We hit 33k last night FFS!)

I'd just like to know how the testnet is progressing, good, bad, or whatever.

It has a new feature called the skip60 indicator. Let's you know when skip buys in, so you can dump and vive versa.

+1

Even if its non-technical! Words of reassurance would suffice.

(We hit 33k last night FFS!)

Freedom Day
King's Day
etc.

Relax child_harold  Wink

snipped

we both know a hardfork block ann was expected. Not that that is really relevant. This thread has been chaotic last couple days… we need some Team member hands to steady the ship, even if it's only words they can offer atm.

Basic Communication! It is so easy.
legendary
Activity: 1246
ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

Activity: 527

Freedom Day
King's Day
etc.

Relax child_harold  Wink

So bloody +1

Basic Communication
. This is an increasingly infuriating situation and is not inspiring confidence. If Ryno is too busy to post an update then perhaps any of the 3 or 4 members of the Team who have responsibilities connected with PR and/or the community could?

Man up!  Angry

p.s. updating the community before celebrating "Freedom Day" (/me coughs) might be an idea!

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

At this point Im waiting for some water and bread… party sucks atm!

Bullshit. I refer you to my previous answer:

So bloody +1

Basic Communication
. This is an increasingly infuriating situation and is not inspiring confidence. If Ryno is too busy to post an update then perhaps any of the 3 or 4 members of the Team who have responsibilities connected with PR and/or the community could?

Man up!  Angry

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Moon
thought we discussed this already

So bloody +1

Basic Communication

Man up!  Angry

p.s. updating the community before celebrating "Freedom Day" (/me coughs) might be an idea!

So bloody +1

Basic Communication

Man up!  Angry

So bloody +1

Basic Communication

Man up!  Angry

Jump to: