Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 306. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Moon
so how is staking take place? some how someone sent me 5 sdc? idk how but how much would i need in order to start staking
Effectively around 20k? But I am running off around 8k right now and it seems to be getting me around 1 sdc per day. I might be doing it wrong. This is the first coin I have ever POS'ed.
yea same here im about to buy a couple k soon
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
so how is staking take place? some how someone sent me 5 sdc? idk how but how much would i need in order to start staking
Effectively around 20k? But I am running off around 8k right now and it seems to be getting me around 1 sdc per day. I might be doing it wrong. This is the first coin I have ever POS'ed.
Activity: 126
Moon
Activity: 503
Merit: 500
Tech question about the function of the wallet, switching from Scrypt to SHA-256, for anyone who knows the answer.

What's going on during this block minting? Are the wallets actually hashing, as if we were mining from the wallet? And if so, what would make SHA better than Scrypt, but not better than all the other hashing options, Skein, Qubit, etc?
Sha would be the most efficient, less memory hungry, algorithm. Scrypt et al came to fight asics by using more memory and using algorithm s which can't be easily ported to parallel computation. Makes perfect sense as we are not pow anymore and don't need to hedge against massive computing power getting close to a 51% attack. Good call IMHO. Will make the wallet snappier for sure. Devs are thinking well. Very well...(;-)

OK, I was under the impression that some of the newer hashing algorithms were even more efficient.

Now let's say the wallets are hashing, are they hashing in proportion to the number of mature coins in the wallet, and that's what gives you your PoS? And let's say I have a bunch of wallets open on a machine, all with a large stake. Would it be possible for the wallets to require more hash than the CPU can provide, and I would lose stake?

That is an interesting question. Not sure if stake network weight results in more 'mining slots' which could be bottlenecked by a CPU.the code should reveal that or..buy a few hundred k SDC and try. Might even be able to point wallet calc to cheap and plentiful early generation sha asic.

Sure, that would be a great use of a little USB miner. Eventually motherboards might even come with an ASIC chip on them, to deal with hashing so the CPU doesn't have to.
Activity: 522
Merit: 266
Tech question about the function of the wallet, switching from Scrypt to SHA-256, for anyone who knows the answer.

What's going on during this block minting? Are the wallets actually hashing, as if we were mining from the wallet? And if so, what would make SHA better than Scrypt, but not better than all the other hashing options, Skein, Qubit, etc?
Sha would be the most efficient, less memory hungry, algorithm. Scrypt et al came to fight asics by using more memory and using algorithm s which can't be easily ported to parallel computation. Makes perfect sense as we are not pow anymore and don't need to hedge against massive computing power getting close to a 51% attack. Good call IMHO. Will make the wallet snappier for sure. Devs are thinking well. Very well...(;-)

OK, I was under the impression that some of the newer hashing algorithms were even more efficient.

Now let's say the wallets are hashing, are they hashing in proportion to the number of mature coins in the wallet, and that's what gives you your PoS? And let's say I have a bunch of wallets open on a machine, all with a large stake. Would it be possible for the wallets to require more hash than the CPU can provide, and I would lose stake?

That is an interesting question. Not sure if stake network weight results in more 'mining slots' which could be bottlenecked by a CPU.the code should reveal that or..buy a few hundred k SDC and try. Might even be able to point wallet calc to cheap and plentiful early generation sha asic. As to more efficient than sha: yes there probably are. Sha might just do the job eg the old pareto rule
Activity: 896
Amazing job Ryno! We all appreciate your hard work!

Activity: 522
Merit: 266

Activity: 224
legendary
Activity: 1008
"As said earlier, we have a fun week ahead of us. We will try to give more specific details on that later this week."

Smiley

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Child At Heart
Activity: 448

Hello everybody,

It’s good to see you all so actively supporting Shadow and staying positive as we work towards the release of our decentralized market. As some of you may have noticed, we’ve been a bit quiet on these forums lately when it comes to actively reaching out to all of you with development updates. This doesn’t mean we’ve been sitting still though, because we have a fun week ahead of us. We'll come back to that later.

First of all we are very happy to announce that both Tecnovert and I will be working full-time on Shadow from now on! We're setting our main jobs aside for the upcoming months so that we can really focus on the job at hand. This will obviously result in quicker progress when it comes to releasing new features. Going forward we are also going to post a lot more in terms of development reports. Our team has been working with Shadow community members who are setting up a new website with a development blog to keep you all up to date. So expect regular updates from now on - this one being the first.

The weeks ahead of us are all about ShadowMarket so we are pleased to announce that we have started integrating it into Shadowcore’s back end. We're currently switching from scrypt to SHA-256 so that staking requires less cpu cycles, updating to PoS v2 to improve network stability and working on BIP32 and BIP44 support so that we can support hierarchical / tree categories for the market. Once we are finished with these enhancements, things should start moving significantly faster. We will be making radical changes to the Secure Messaging (ShadowChat), to support Pub/Sub messages, so that people could subscribe to certain categories for the market, where we will then move towards our first round of public alpha/beta testing. We’ve noticed there are lots of questions about how ShadowMarket will work so we have begun gathering them and will answer them in an overview later this week. So much about the upcoming Shadowmarket for now.

We are all still waiting for Isidor Zeuner’s review of our ShadowSend anonymity system in comparison to other anonymous cryptocurrencies. It is still ongoing and we are currently writing more documentation, which is currently our weakest point. We’ve been in contact with Isidor and are trying to give him a helping hand where needed. Please note that it’s quite a task seeing as he will not only study our system but also compare it to the alternatives out there.

As said earlier, we have a fun week ahead of us. We will try to give more specific details on that later this week.

Thank you all for your support!

Nice update.  Thanks ryno, tecno, and the whole Shadow team/community.  I feel really good about this project.  A lot of talent, hard work, and professionalism here compared to other coins.  I wonder what they mean by we have a fun week ahead, must be something good Smiley
Activity: 224
http://youtu.be/sE4kUFLuC8U  (Sparking a fat blunt as I post this)
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Awesome Ryno and technovert! !! Full time!! This baby is going to fly!

Well spoken as always.

Always delivers.

<3 SDC

I suggest everyone pushes their buy walls above 40k cuz this baby aint going lower!!

New all time high for shadow tomorrow morning? Cheesy

Everything in this coin is perfect.

Can't believe there are still sell orders...  Grin  Roll Eyes
Activity: 700
★ IT's Party Time! ★

Hello everybody,

It’s good to see you all so actively supporting Shadow and staying positive as we work towards the release of our decentralized market. As some of you may have noticed, we’ve been a bit quiet on these forums lately when it comes to actively reaching out to all of you with development updates. This doesn’t mean we’ve been sitting still though, because we have a fun week ahead of us. We'll come back to that later.

First of all we are very happy to announce that both Tecnovert and I will be working full-time on Shadow from now on! We're setting our main jobs aside for the upcoming months so that we can really focus on the job at hand. This will obviously result in quicker progress when it comes to releasing new features. Going forward we are also going to post a lot more in terms of development reports. Our team has been working with Shadow community members who are setting up a new website with a development blog to keep you all up to date. So expect regular updates from now on - this one being the first.

The weeks ahead of us are all about ShadowMarket so we are pleased to announce that we have started integrating it into Shadowcore’s back end. We're currently switching from scrypt to SHA-256 so that staking requires less cpu cycles, updating to PoS v2 to improve network stability and working on BIP32 and BIP44 support so that we can support hierarchical / tree categories for the market. Once we are finished with these enhancements, things should start moving significantly faster. We will be making radical changes to the Secure Messaging (ShadowChat), to support Pub/Sub messages, so that people could subscribe to certain categories for the market, where we will then move towards our first round of public alpha/beta testing. We’ve noticed there are lots of questions about how ShadowMarket will work so we have begun gathering them and will answer them in an overview later this week. So much about the upcoming Shadowmarket for now.

We are all still waiting for Isidor Zeuner’s review of our ShadowSend anonymity system in comparison to other anonymous cryptocurrencies. It is still ongoing and we are currently writing more documentation, which is currently our weakest point. We’ve been in contact with Isidor and are trying to give him a helping hand where needed. Please note that it’s quite a task seeing as he will not only study our system but also compare it to the alternatives out there.

As said earlier, we have a fun week ahead of us. We will try to give more specific details on that later this week.

200ksat incoming Cheesy
Activity: 277

Well spoken as always.

Always delivers.

<3 SDC

I suggest everyone pushes their buy walls above 40k cuz this baby aint going lower!!

Hehe no need to push. Will all go natural. This is the gem of crypto.
legendary
Activity: 1008

Well spoken as always.

Always delivers.

<3 SDC

Activity: 277

Hello everybody,

Wow this is amazing. Full time together with tecno will be beast mode:) sdc for the win always loving the transparancy and calm approach to everything
Activity: 812

Hello everybody,

GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!

OMG THANK YOU. AND UR GONNA BE WORKING ON THIS FULL-TIME NOW?! FUCK YES!
@fearcoka: dis what happen at 400k i guess. lulz
Jump to: