Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 385. (Read 1289636 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
February 07, 2015, 11:59:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCV-Eg_04F8

They should do something about us Smiley
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
February 06, 2015, 09:28:34 PM
Ha that was the plan buddy, appreciate the info muy mucho theres always something up with cryptsy ;;

Yes I was just in contact with Poloniex and they are also reporting an issue with the wallet hanging.  But to their credit they got it up and running again very quickly, where cryptsy takes much longer to get anything done.  Poloniex said they are in touch with the coin dev to attempt a solution to the issue.
Activity: 263
Merit: 250
February 06, 2015, 08:12:43 PM
Ha that was the plan buddy, appreciate the info muy mucho theres always something up with cryptsy ;;
February 06, 2015, 07:44:32 PM
How long has cryptsys wallet been down, are those dicks just staking?

It has been down for a long time.  I contacted mullick, he says its an issue with the daemon locking up, which then puts it into maintenance.  He said he is going to re-write the script that puts the wallet into maintenance, so maybe that will fix it.  

Otherwise he says the devs need to fix something to stop the locking issue.  But wallets on other exchanges like Bittrex, and Poloniex have been working pretty well.  Although I have to say I deposited on Poloniex today and my SDC hasn't showed up yet, so had to make a ticket.  If you have any SDC on Cryptsy right now I would hit that arbitrage opportunity to get the bitcoin, then send to bittrex to rebuy the SDC.

If you want, you can PM user mullick here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/mullick-99433

He is the one in charge of fixing Cryptsy wallets.

Activity: 263
February 06, 2015, 07:27:21 PM
How long has cryptsys wallet been down, are those dicks just staking?
Activity: 896
February 06, 2015, 01:25:55 PM
i like this title more  Cool

I'm with you on this one. But.. haters gonna hate :]

They can't really hate, it's the truth Smiley

No other POS coin is* anonymous atm ^^
FTFY
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
February 06, 2015, 01:22:58 PM

They can't really hate, it's the truth Smiley

No other POS coin are anonymous atm ^^
Activity: 896
February 06, 2015, 01:18:24 PM
i like this title more  Cool

They hate us cuz they ain't us anus.
Activity: 390
February 06, 2015, 12:00:15 PM

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
February 06, 2015, 10:10:05 AM
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
★ IT's Party Time! ★
February 06, 2015, 05:23:40 AM
Hello, Rynomster! Welcome to the first Bitcoin Africa Conference 2015

http://bitcoinconference.co.za/#home

South Africa, Cape Town, April 16 and 17
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
February 05, 2015, 11:14:07 PM
Without oppression there is  no freedom, Without evil there is no riotousness, Without light there is no shadow.
DaDon

there just came up with a perfect slogan and you have my permission to put it in the history books when SDC starts a Revolution..
February 05, 2015, 07:44:56 PM
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Oscar Wilde, The Critic as Artist (1891).

In the future it may be normal to wear a mask when going out in public, to avoid the face scanning cameras.

We must protect our anonymity and our rights to anonymity while we are still in a position to do so.
To this end Shadow is an empowering technology.

Indeed.  Its like that ying yang symbol.  Tyranny is the dark side, and freedom is the light side.  But on the ying yang, the light side still has got that little black dot.  That black dot is where ShadowCash resides.  Cheesy
Activity: 812
February 05, 2015, 07:38:34 PM
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

In the future it may be normal to wear a mask when going out in public, to avoid the face scanning cameras.

We must protect our anonymity and our rights to anonymity while we are still in a position to do so.
To this end Shadow is an empowering technology.

"Anonymity is a shield from the tyranny of the majority." U.S. Supreme Court Ruling, 1995

How times have changed. Would the Supreme Court uphold this ruling today?

February 05, 2015, 07:33:38 PM

February 05, 2015, 07:30:13 PM

February 05, 2015, 07:12:21 PM
Cryptsy wallet is in maintenance again, so I PMed mullick.  He says the deamon locked up.  He said it was a Cryptsy problem before, but now he is saying he may need update from the devs:

It looks like the daemon locked up again. Im going to rewrite the script that puts it in maintenance to restart the daemon and try again. But ultimately it will need an update from the developers to fix the locking issue

Bittrex and Poloniex wallets still working fine as far as I can tell.

Thanks Pline
Simply brilliant. U rock.
February 05, 2015, 06:46:44 PM
Cryptsy wallet is in maintenance again, so I PMed mullick.  He says the deamon locked up.  He said it was a Cryptsy problem before, but now he is saying he may need update from the devs:

It looks like the daemon locked up again. Im going to rewrite the script that puts it in maintenance to restart the daemon and try again. But ultimately it will need an update from the developers to fix the locking issue

Bittrex and Poloniex wallets still working fine as far as I can tell.

Edit:  Maybe I should clarify.  He said he is re-writing the script that puts it into maintenance.  This may fix the issue, but he is saying the locking issue itself will need an update from the devs, which I think they have already been working on that.
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
February 05, 2015, 02:47:54 PM
Here is an interesting video presentation about OpenBazaar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRp8GevQRY0

I think its a cool project.  I thought its interesting as they will be the main competitors to ShadyBay/ShadowBay and they offer interesting insight into how to solve some of the problems of a decentralized marketplace.  In the end Shadow may have a competitive advantage because of the extra privacy and anonymity it offers buyers and sellers, but Shadow also has to compete against Bitcoin's network effect.

Also wondering if Sbay will have multi-signature involved at some point.  That seems like an important piece of the puzzle.

OpenBazaar is a very interesting project indeed!

One thing the team (working on Shadow Market) may need to consider as they prepare to release this to the public is how much liability they want to take on by hosting the decentralized marketplace. Being the operator of a point of sale destination that potentially has illegal paraphernalia being sold on it now has a legal precedence in the eyes of at least one government. https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/ross-ulbricht-convicted-running-silk-road/

Also, I assume they are implementing a multi-sig / trustless escrow system.

Really good points,   I actually think this is really different though...  Being that SDC devs are not really hosting anything.  They are just writing code that we the public are using how we see fit.  There is no 'centralized' hosting of SDC or Shadybay (terrible name)  The SDC team literally has no control over how the network operates nor do they physically supply the network with a hardwired location as far as I can tell.   The other market places had been very much traditional models of "I have a web hosting account and I am going to write this market place, then host it and collect fees".   I think this is really different.  I'm really excited for all the legitimate uses of a amazing decentralized marketplace.   I have no use for illicit goods or services. However I could sell computer hardware and sports bottles. 

Yes, you are correct, they aren't "hosting" anything. They only are creating it as part of the p2p client. So the fault of illegal activites will rest on the vendor not the platform. Same as saying the guys who created TOR aren't responsible for trafficking like Mr. Ulbricht was.
Activity: 336
Merit: 252
February 05, 2015, 01:59:15 PM
I'm in ShadowCash AND Cannabiscoin, guess why...

Because if CANN fails, i'll buy weed with my SDC Cheesy
Jump to: