Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 386. (Read 1289636 times)

legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1000
einc.io
February 05, 2015, 12:39:41 PM
Here is an interesting video presentation about OpenBazaar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRp8GevQRY0

I think its a cool project.  I thought its interesting as they will be the main competitors to ShadyBay/ShadowBay and they offer interesting insight into how to solve some of the problems of a decentralized marketplace.  In the end Shadow may have a competitive advantage because of the extra privacy and anonymity it offers buyers and sellers, but Shadow also has to compete against Bitcoin's network effect.

Also wondering if Sbay will have multi-signature involved at some point.  That seems like an important piece of the puzzle.

OpenBazaar is a very interesting project indeed!

One thing the team (working on Shadow Market) may need to consider as they prepare to release this to the public is how much liability they want to take on by hosting the decentralized marketplace. Being the operator of a point of sale destination that potentially has illegal paraphernalia being sold on it now has a legal precedence in the eyes of at least one government. https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/ross-ulbricht-convicted-running-silk-road/

Also, I assume they are implementing a multi-sig / trustless escrow system.

Really good points,   I actually think this is really different though...  Being that SDC devs are not really hosting anything.  They are just writing code that we the public are using how we see fit.  There is no 'centralized' hosting of SDC or Shadybay (terrible name)  The SDC team literally has no control over how the network operates nor do they physically supply the network with a hardwired location as far as I can tell.   The other market places had been very much traditional models of "I have a web hosting account and I am going to write this market place, then host it and collect fees".   I think this is really different.  I'm really excited for all the legitimate uses of a amazing decentralized marketplace.   I have no use for illicit goods or services. However I could sell computer hardware and sports bottles. 
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
February 05, 2015, 11:10:41 AM
Here is an interesting video presentation about OpenBazaar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRp8GevQRY0

I think its a cool project.  I thought its interesting as they will be the main competitors to ShadyBay/ShadowBay and they offer interesting insight into how to solve some of the problems of a decentralized marketplace.  In the end Shadow may have a competitive advantage because of the extra privacy and anonymity it offers buyers and sellers, but Shadow also has to compete against Bitcoin's network effect.

Also wondering if Sbay will have multi-signature involved at some point.  That seems like an important piece of the puzzle.

OpenBazaar is a very interesting project indeed!

One thing the team (working on Shadow Market) may need to consider as they prepare to release this to the public is how much liability they want to take on by hosting the decentralized marketplace. Being the operator of a point of sale destination that potentially has illegal paraphernalia being sold on it now has a legal precedence in the eyes of at least one government. https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/ross-ulbricht-convicted-running-silk-road/

Also, I assume they are implementing a multi-sig / trustless escrow system.

Activity: 448
Merit: 100
February 05, 2015, 05:29:17 AM

Activity: 760
Merit: 500
CryptoZilla
February 05, 2015, 02:42:49 AM
Quote from #shadowcash IRC earlier today (big deal imo):

1:32 PM isador zeuner is not only reviewing sdc but comparing it to cryptonote // monero

Also this thread popped up: What are the differences between ShadowCash and Darkcoin ? Both seems very nice
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10356332

Hot off IRC!:

9:46 PM <•TrollsRoyce> my understanding of the forthcoming review is it will cover shadowsend in depth, any potential attack vectors found in the actual system and then a comparison between other systems, zerocoin, darkcoin, bitcoindark, cryptonote versus shadow

Holy Mother of God \o/

That review is gonna be SICK!
i can't recall that there is any such kind of review yet, so this is an welcome addition could be a gamechanger!
so is there an ETA for the review.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
February 04, 2015, 06:32:44 PM
Everyone who donated to the crypto review - would you please be so kind as to leave a comment on the http://shadowtalk.org/topic/321/shadowcash-whitepaper-peer-review thread so you can be added to the list of donators.

Thanks!
February 04, 2015, 05:48:28 PM
Ok poppin in IRC now.

And Pline was never seen again…
LOL. What happened?!

What did dasource do with the body? Cheesy

Lol, couldn't recover the lost 500 Shadow yet.  I am going to send my wallet data over for them to take a look.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
February 04, 2015, 05:00:16 PM
Looks like https://www.coingateway.net/ is back up! I thought they went under there for a sec, but it looks like they were redesigning their interface.

I didn't know about the service yet. Though seems cool 2
Activity: 812
February 04, 2015, 04:54:09 PM

1:32 PM isador zeuner is not only reviewing sdc but comparing it to cryptonote // monero

Also this thread popped up: What are the differences between ShadowCash and Darkcoin ? Both seems very nice

Hot off IRC!:

9:46 PM <•TrollsRoyce> my understanding of the forthcoming review is it will cover shadowsend in depth, any potential attack vectors found in the actual system and then a comparison between other systems, zerocoin, darkcoin, bitcoindark, cryptonote versus shadow

Holy Mother of God \o/

Activity: 96
Merit: 10
February 04, 2015, 04:50:22 PM
Activity: 350
February 04, 2015, 04:07:18 PM
Looks like https://www.coingateway.net/ is back up! I thought they went under there for a sec, but it looks like they were redesigning their interface.
February 04, 2015, 11:53:42 AM

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
★ IT's Party Time! ★
February 04, 2015, 07:57:37 AM
Lol  Cheesy

February 04, 2015, 07:23:07 AM
Ok poppin in IRC now.

And Pline was never seen again…
LOL. What happened?!

What did dasource do with the body? Cheesy
February 02, 2015, 06:46:50 PM
Lost a bunch of SDC trying to transfer into Shadow.  Not sure what happened, the outputs are shown on blockchain, but wallet is not accounting for them.  Transferred it from one wallet to the other, says debited 2500 SDC from one wallet and only credited 2000 Shadow in the other wallet.  Any suggestions on how to recover?

Also Cryptsy wallet is in maintenance again   Undecided

I'm sure you're probably aware that Shadow (SDT) do not appear in the "total SDC" balance in your wallet, but rather in its own Shadow balance section? Therefor you add the SDC balance and the Shadow (SDT) balance together to get your true total.

Restarting your wallets can sometimes help. Give that a go first. Also make sure the first wallet wasn't credited with the 500SDC difference (seems unlikely).

If things still appear incorrect using the rewindchain command from console could perhaps help. Rewind the chain by however many blocks you need to get to a block number preceding your tx. e.g.:

Code:
rewindchain 1000

Hop in IRC with your txid if things still seem odd. If the outputs are shown in the blockchain (as you say) theres nothing to worry about.

Yeah I'm not sure what happened entirely.  I had other SDC to Shadow transfers that worked flawlessly before, but this time no.  It created 3 outputs, of 1000, 1000, and 500.  The 500 output is not being found by the wallet for some reason.  I tried restarting wallet and rewindchain, and still same result.  Going to try a few more things later to see if I can recover by minting the rest of the outputs on that stealth address.  If that fails maybe have to figure out how to create a raw transaction using the private key of that stealth address? Not sure how to go about this yet.  I tried looking at commands in the debug window, but couldn't figure much out.

did you try repairwallet?

Yeah I tried that, it just says {"wallet check passed": true}

I'm thinking of options, perhaps save the wallet.dat, then nuke the wallet and start over loading the wallet.dat on the new wallet?

Or perhaps dumpprivkey, then import the private key into other wallet?

Drop me a PM or grab me on IRC to go over this...

Ok poppin in IRC now.
Activity: 821
February 02, 2015, 06:37:50 PM
Lost a bunch of SDC trying to transfer into Shadow.  Not sure what happened, the outputs are shown on blockchain, but wallet is not accounting for them.  Transferred it from one wallet to the other, says debited 2500 SDC from one wallet and only credited 2000 Shadow in the other wallet.  Any suggestions on how to recover?

I'm sure you're probably aware that Shadow (SDT) do not appear in the "total SDC" balance in your wallet, but rather in its own Shadow balance section? Therefor you add the SDC balance and the Shadow (SDT) balance together to get your true total.

Restarting your wallets can sometimes help. Give that a go first. Also make sure the first wallet wasn't credited with the 500SDC difference (seems unlikely).

If things still appear incorrect using the rewindchain command from console could perhaps help. Rewind the chain by however many blocks you need to get to a block number preceding your tx. e.g.:

Code:
rewindchain 1000

Hop in IRC with your txid if things still seem odd. If the outputs are shown in the blockchain (as you say) theres nothing to worry about.

Yeah I'm not sure what happened entirely.  I had other SDC to Shadow transfers that worked flawlessly before, but this time no.  It created 3 outputs, of 1000, 1000, and 500.  The 500 output is not being found by the wallet for some reason.  I tried restarting wallet and rewindchain, and still same result.  Going to try a few more things later to see if I can recover by minting the rest of the outputs on that stealth address.  If that fails maybe have to figure out how to create a raw transaction using the private key of that stealth address? Not sure how to go about this yet.  I tried looking at commands in the debug window, but couldn't figure much out.

I'm thinking of options, perhaps save the wallet.dat, then nuke the wallet and start over loading the wallet.dat on the new wallet?

Drop me a PM or grab me on IRC to go over this...
February 02, 2015, 06:34:54 PM
Lost a bunch of SDC trying to transfer into Shadow.  Not sure what happened, the outputs are shown on blockchain, but wallet is not accounting for them.  Transferred it from one wallet to the other, says debited 2500 SDC from one wallet and only credited 2000 Shadow in the other wallet.  Any suggestions on how to recover?

Also Cryptsy wallet is in maintenance again   Undecided

Code:
rewindchain 1000

Activity: 476
February 02, 2015, 11:48:40 AM
Lost a bunch of SDC trying to transfer into Shadow.  Not sure what happened, the outputs are shown on blockchain, but wallet is not accounting for them.  Transferred it from one wallet to the other, says debited 2500 SDC from one wallet and only credited 2000 Shadow in the other wallet.  Any suggestions on how to recover?

Code:
rewindchain 1000

February 02, 2015, 09:13:10 AM

Code:
rewindchain 1000

February 02, 2015, 04:12:15 AM

Code:
rewindchain 1000

February 01, 2015, 10:16:32 PM

Jump to: