Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 442. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 500
December 22, 2014, 06:56:10 PM

Whys so scared? Try it within your own wallet, between addresses. You're your own mixing service now! And it's lightning fast (not a 24-48 hour wait like DarkSend running through the Masternode network.)

DS isn't that slow as you claim.
It should take few hours at worst if you use 8 rounds denom..

few hours compared to few minutes ? :/

Exactly. Plus you need to rely on third party masternodes. I can do it all myself within Shadow.

Also Darkcoin have the possibility of having NSA or something like that playing with their masternodes ... not fun  Roll Eyes

Funny you say that because there is quite a few of masternodes in Langley Virginia ..... If you don't know what's there its called CIA Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
December 22, 2014, 06:13:35 PM

Whys so scared? Try it within your own wallet, between addresses. You're your own mixing service now! And it's lightning fast (not a 24-48 hour wait like DarkSend running through the Masternode network.)

Exactly. Plus you need to rely on third party masternodes. I can do it all myself within Shadow.

Also Darkcoin have the possibility of having NSA or something like that playing with their masternodes ... not fun  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
December 22, 2014, 05:30:16 PM

Yeah I know, lol.  I plan to try it later but I was afraid of making a mistake losing some coins, so maybe need to make a fresh wallet.  I am still confused on how to account for Shadow compared to SDC in the wallet.  So once you convert to shadow, how do you know how much shadow you have and how do you select it to transfer back to SDC is what I have to figure out.

Edit: I guess for now you just remember what address you sent to and then use the coin control option?

Your Shadow coins will tally in the upper right along with SDC, staked coins & spendable coins.
legendary
December 22, 2014, 05:29:20 PM

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
December 22, 2014, 05:27:13 PM

Activity: 160
Merit: 100
December 22, 2014, 05:06:56 PM

Activity: 448
December 22, 2014, 05:03:26 PM

Yeah I know, lol.  I plan to try it later but I was afraid of making a mistake losing some coins, so maybe need to make a fresh wallet.  I am still confused on how to account for Shadow compared to SDC in the wallet.  So once you convert to shadow, how do you know how much shadow you have and how do you select it to transfer back to SDC is what I have to figure out.

Edit: I guess for now you just remember what address you sent to and then use the coin control option?
legendary
December 22, 2014, 04:55:53 PM
I'm not a cryptographer, but the way I'm seeing it is that the reconversion takes place at the convenience of the receiver, not necessarily as a single transaction. If it happened as a single transaction that would provide plausible deniability (not good enough in countries that use beheadings) but not zero-knowledge.

So let's wait for a real cryptographer to tell us which it is.

I think you are right.  If you look on slide 7 here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1yX2jN618Rnzs4g2ri_utdKdHbny6-xnRcPhOuhLNGB0/edit?pli=1#slide=id.g577a31a2a_3351

You will see that once Bob got the SDT, he could then send the SDT to carol without ever transferring the SDT back to SDC.  If true it would mean it would be much more private because you don't have to transfer the SDT back to SDC right away, you can send it around as well.  Seems pretty genius, but hopefully others can tell us better if this is truly how it works, because honestly I am still wrapping my head around it.  Afraid to try it out yet.

December 22, 2014, 04:36:20 PM
I'm not a cryptographer, but the way I'm seeing it is that the reconversion takes place at the convenience of the receiver, not necessarily as a single transaction. If it happened as a single transaction that would provide plausible deniability (not good enough in countries that use beheadings) but not zero-knowledge.

I think you are right.  If you look on slide 7 here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1yX2jN618Rnzs4g2ri_utdKdHbny6-xnRcPhOuhLNGB0/edit?pli=1#slide=id.g577a31a2a_3351

You will see that once Bob got the SDT, he could then send the SDT to carol without ever transferring the SDT back to SDC.  If true it would mean it would be much more private because you don't have to transfer the SDT back to SDC right away, you can send it around as well.  Seems pretty genius, but hopefully others can tell us better if this is truly how it works, because honestly I am still wrapping my head around it.  Afraid to try it out yet.
Activity: 503
December 22, 2014, 04:16:52 PM
So guys, I still struggle to see where the zk snarks and all the shit is implemented.
So, you have SDC. You turn that SDC into a token, then you send the token anonymously (exactly the way you would a cryptonote coin) to something, then you convert it back to SDC.
If you convert on one end and then convert on the other, then the conversion has to be the same size. So if someone looks at the size of the conversions then you have traced the transaction, meaning is traceable.
Moreover, one has to find tokens of the same size in the chain. Surely the wallet does that automatically. 
So from what I see, in order to make the transaction untraceable, one has decouple the conversions in time.
Conclusion : So what the sdc dev did, was to substitute ring signatures for zk-snarks in zero cash.
Can someone be kind and explain if I'm getting it wrong ?
And please spare me the usual SDC rocks BS...

Say you want to send 25 shadow to someone. Your wallet converts 50 sdc to shadow, sends them to multiple completely encrypted addresses. When the 25 shadow is redeemed by the receiver, the rest of the shadow is sent to one time use, encrypted change addresses that belong to you. Input and output values are obfuscated, sender and reciever addresses are unlinkable.

OK. Thanks for the answer. That clarifies it further more, but due to the same size conversion, the transaction can't be still traced ? Or because the output and input values are obfuscated that means the conversion size is obfuscated too...or not ?
Somewhere in the disclaimer says something like this ; "you have to find tokens of the same size in the chain"

Activity: 442
Merit: 250
December 22, 2014, 04:15:41 PM
So guys, I still struggle to see where the zk snarks and all the shit is implemented.
So, you have SDC. You turn that SDC into a token, then you send the token anonymously (exactly the way you would a cryptonote coin) to something, then you convert it back to SDC.
If you convert on one end and then convert on the other, then the conversion has to be the same size. So if someone looks at the size of the conversions then you have traced the transaction, meaning is traceable.
Moreover, one has to find tokens of the same size in the chain. Surely the wallet does that automatically. 
So from what I see, in order to make the transaction untraceable, one has decouple the conversions in time.
Conclusion : So what the sdc dev did, was to substitute ring signatures for zk-snarks in zero cash.

CoolStoryTeller posted a nice explanation earlier that might help.  Here it is: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1yX2jN618Rnzs4g2ri_utdKdHbny6-xnRcPhOuhLNGB0/edit#slide=id.g577a31a2a_696

I think you have some good questions.  Wheatclove's answer sounds pretty good though.
Thanks man. That's a cool way to explain it. I'll take a look.
December 22, 2014, 04:11:54 PM

Say you want to send 25 shadow to someone. Your wallet converts 50 sdc to shadow, sends them to multiple completely encrypted addresses. When the 25 shadow is redeemed by the receiver, the rest of the shadow is sent to one time use, encrypted change addresses that belong to you. Input and output values are obfuscated, sender and reciever addresses are unlinkable.

OK. Thanks for the answer. That clarifies it further more, but due to the same size conversion, the transaction can't be still traced ? Or because the output and input values are obfuscated that means the conversion size is obfuscated too...or not ?
Somewhere in the disclaimer says something like this ; "you have to find tokens of the same size in the chain"
PS. I'm not a tech guy...so excuse me if I'm asking dumb questions.
As I said before, I'm trading SDC not holding, and I do like the coin.
December 22, 2014, 04:06:41 PM

CoolStoryTeller posted a nice explanation earlier that might help.  Here it is: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1yX2jN618Rnzs4g2ri_utdKdHbny6-xnRcPhOuhLNGB0/edit#slide=id.g577a31a2a_696

I think you have some good questions.  Wheatclove's answer sounds pretty good though.
Activity: 606
December 22, 2014, 04:02:47 PM

December 22, 2014, 03:45:45 PM
Activity: 331
December 22, 2014, 03:25:37 PM

What we have here boys, is a classic "Cup & Handle" pattern on the 2-month chart (bittrex).  Stay strong, HODL, and enjoy the ride.

i find it really funny to use technical analysis at such an immature altcoin market with such a low volume

one small whale, can ruin the formation buy selling couple of btc worth shadow

before you, there was a guy who was counting A-B-C-D pattern for shadow, and told him the same...

then he stopped following TA, because he also saw it is nonsence i gues

I think you're talking about me, dashes agree with the last peak

and another curiosity

Do not want to let you discuss, look at the charts and confirm facts
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
December 22, 2014, 02:54:09 PM

What we have here boys, is a classic "Cup & Handle" pattern on the 2-month chart (bittrex).  Stay strong, HODL, and enjoy the ride.

i find it really funny to use technical analysis at such an immature altcoin market with such a low volume

one small whale, can ruin the formation buy selling couple of btc worth shadow

before you, there was a guy who was counting A-B-C-D pattern for shadow, and told him the same...

then he stopped following TA, because he also saw it is nonsence i gues
Activity: 226
December 22, 2014, 02:35:06 PM

What we have here boys, is a classic "Cup & Handle" pattern on the 2-month chart (bittrex).  Stay strong, HODL, and enjoy the ride.

DEFINITION OF 'CUP AND HANDLE'

A pattern on bar charts resembling a cup with a handle. The cup is in the shape of a "U" and the handle has a slight downward drift. The right-hand side of the pattern has low trading volume. It can be as short as seven weeks and as long as 65 weeks.

As the stock comes up to test the old highs, the stock will incur selling pressure by the people who bought at or near the old high. This selling pressure will make the stock price trade sideways with a tendency towards a downtrend for four days to four weeks... then it takes off. Below is an example of a cup and handle chart pattern:

A couple points on trying to detect cup and handles: Length - Generally, cups with longer and more "U" shaped bottoms, the stronger the signal. Avoid cups with a sharp "V" bottoms. Depth - Ideally, the cup should not be too deep. Also, avoid handles which are too deep since the handles should form in the top half of the cup pattern. Volume - Volume should dry up on the decline and remain lower than average in the base of the bowl. It should then increase when the stock finally starts to make its move back up to test the old high. Retest (of old high) - doesn't have touch or come within a few ticks of old high. However, the further the top of the handle is away from the highs, the more significant the breakout needs to be.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/cupandhandle.asp
Activity: 503
December 22, 2014, 02:31:54 PM
Maybe people want dump sdc,Buy Xpy.

Sure, I can't wait to get some XPY. It's just like using a credit card, but without that all that buyer's protection.

Even better, send me your credit card information and Ill buy some XPY for you. Since you don`t know me, we can say this is an anonymous transaction.

Ill send your XPY once purchased. xD

Has XPY any relation to paypal except typo and look alike name?

The only thing common between the two of them is: STAY CLEAR!

Good idea for now. I think a coin to be used as a proxy for fiat would be a useful thing. What I would do would be premine it all, and each coin would represent a basket of fiats held in Cayman account- it would be 10% USD, 10% Euro, 5% yen, 5 % Swiss franc etc. So users would be protected from inflation or collapse of any one fiat currency, but it would still be fiat, and still require trust in whoever is holding the bank account. It would be safer than a bank, but not as safe as a real crypto. Paycoin claims to be backed by dollars but I'm not sure how that is done, or what is going to happen to those dollars once US money transfer law enforcers take an interest in them.
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
December 22, 2014, 02:30:45 PM
congratulations to the devs and the community, and thanks again for the tech

what i see again

it is really hard to understand the logic of altcoin market (by the way, i dont think there is a logic here)

anyway, with time we will see; whether just tech is enough for the market or the market based on pump and dump only

if it is pump and dump only...it is a pity and better i find another place for my investment
Jump to: