Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 437. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
December 24, 2014, 07:20:25 AM

There are also chances that you missed some things...

I like the fact that you are tech savvy, but I cannot help myself to think your method is starting to be a bit socially inappropriate in term of behavior. You've made your point several time, and it's normal that the community is defending the work (and the thread!). Now perhaps ask SDCdev directly your questions and/or come back later maybe?

I guess he's the best one to talk with, after all, the community is only the community and the dev is the dev Smiley.

If you still wanna discuss with the community otherwise maybe  #shadowcash  would be better?

Amen brother!
Ryno will take care of business*  Cool

*and once he does we can wave goodbye to this joke ~25k price.

BTW: I was having a drink with an early XMR adopter last night. He has hedged now with my advice and acquired some SDC. During our convo he explained XMR still doesn't have a gui wallet and that transactions must be sent using CLI (terminal sessions). He uses an XMR web wallet (albeit controlling the keys himself).

I was like… huh?

No need for RSVP… just putting that out there.
Activity: 812
December 24, 2014, 07:12:11 AM

thanks for making these vids. could you/someone upload to youtube/vimeo?

thanks

p.s. if nobody else does it I'll upload them on Boxing Day \o/
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
RISE Project Manager
December 24, 2014, 05:37:52 AM
Quick shadow question: How do you convert your Shadow to SDC in your wallet? I can't find a button for that.

I've been able to convert (in wallet) Shadow to SDC by sending Shadow to one of my stealth addresses using the same technique from the following vid (minus the secondary wallet).

Demo 3:

Shadow to SDC

https://mega.co.nz/#!TdVkjADT!lMZgQPl89T8NW1T12a7CRHZNbn88-RqqnXhTuj9YSQM

Only the fees appear visible in the transaction history if you send to self however you can verify the success of the conversion by noting balances in Shadow and SDC beforehand.

Is Alty being part of the SDC team?
He is such a big threat for the crypto community.
He fucked several crypto investors with his big scam Cloakcoin.
Hype, empty promises, broken incomplete code, insider trading and then disapperead.

I have nothing to do with the SDC team I just try to help out where I can.

While we are on the subject; Cloakcoin was never a scam.

Anon via exchanges worked as did trading in wallet to an exchange. Both a first.

It had unfinished code yes because the coders didn't have time or funds to finish properly given the constraints imposed by the market following the dumping.

DRK has been broken over and over and yet they've somehow been able to keep their head above water... unfortunately that luxury is very rare.

As for broken promises... I wasn't the coder... I just did my job of representing the coin and promoted the concepts that the devs presented to me.
Activity: 277
Merit: 250
December 24, 2014, 03:56:07 AM
Tbh the whole sdc to shadow thing and shadow to shadow is way to confusing.
Just call the button: "anonymize coins" or something.

Good job tho, true recolution
Activity: 503
December 24, 2014, 03:09:04 AM
Quick shadow question: How do you convert your Shadow to SDC in your wallet? I can't find a button for that.

Activity: 350
December 24, 2014, 12:03:14 AM

Hype, empty promises, broken incomplete code, insider trading and then disapperead.

Before you speak of Alty being a threat to SDC you should take note that Alty has donated to our lead designer CRZ, that's more than can be said of you contributing to the project. Another contribution is the bounty he put up for the demo videos.. I for one am happy that more people (not just including Alty) are stepping up and contributing. It's simple. If you aren't contributing and you don't have anything nice to say - then don't say anything.

Big shoutouts:

Jimmies for pimping the hell out the slideshow presentation (should be uploaded tomorrow)
Dasource for setting up another faucet + building more features into it  
Alty for contributing the demo video bounty and donations to Crz.
DFG for donating to Crz and organizing the SDC explainer video
SebSeb for busting ass all across the board
Longandshort for handling the Shadow wiki/faucets and being longandshort
Activity: 522
Merit: 266
December 23, 2014, 11:41:56 PM

no one ever said he was part of the sdc team.. and just because some1 comes poking his head around here as an investor Doesnt mean that he is on the SDC team

and as to the videos: Produced for bounty. I was in IRC when the bounty was offered and accepted by Alty. Eg could have been anyone putting their hand up first
Activity: 462
December 23, 2014, 11:15:13 PM

no one ever said he was part of the sdc team.. and just because some1 comes poking his head around here as an investor Doesnt mean that he is on the SDC team
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
December 23, 2014, 10:39:19 PM

Activity: 177
Merit: 100
December 23, 2014, 10:29:51 PM
I don't see Bytecoin like a scam but a test

Well, you have know the history of how it was claimed to be launched two years earlier, which was simply a lie, and many of the premined coins were being dumped on unsuspecting buyers. That makes a fraud and a scam.

But ultimately you are right, it was essentially the testnet for Monero, and that's how any project run by non-scammers would have done it.

(sorry for the off topic discussion guys -- let's get back to the correct topic shall we?)

I missed this part
It's a fucking scam!
Btw nobody know who and where is Cryptonote creator? why he's not help to improve the cryptonote tech, it should be easy for him
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
December 23, 2014, 04:47:34 PM
One of the strengths SDC has moving forward as a new contender for a top spot in the anon vertical is that the codebase is much more mature than cryptonote-based coins, since there has been much more contribution made towards the Bitcoin codebase and as result the SDC codebase. There's also been years of commerce to test it's security. That's not to say in the future Cryptonote-coins won't catch up, but things like mobile applications and friendly UIs is something that helps put Shadow in the forefront.

You can't really have it both ways. If the anon stuff has been implemented from scratch, and if major improvements have been made to the Bitcoin code, then it isn't mature code. Yes part of the code is more mature than other anon coins, but likewise part of the code is less mature. 

Although it seems from the conversation a few posts back that the anon part of DRK also isn't that mature, and likewise for cryptonote coins. They are certainly more mature than they were when first released in March, but the most recent major issue was discovered in early September, which wasn't really that long ago. There have been growing pains.
Activity: 350
December 23, 2014, 04:29:53 PM
Hey Smooth, welcome! Have you had a chance to use the new protocol?

No, I just read the white paper.

Smooth: PM me with your SDC addy and I'll send you some.

Please everyone: the anon vertical isn't a hockey match, we're all fighting towards the same goal of financial privacy; that doesn't mean we should be fighting amongst each other. Please keep the discussion technical there's no room here for bashing developer efforts.. Smooth has came in here and praised our work; there's no reason to be confrontational towards him i.e. telling him "to leave the thread" and so forth.

One of the strengths SDC has moving forward as a new contender for a top spot in the anon vertical is that the SDC codebase is much more mature than cryptonote-based coins, since there has been much more contribution made towards the Bitcoin codebase. There's also been years of commerce to test it's security. That's not to say in the future Cryptonote-coins won't catch up, but things like mobile applications and friendly UIs is something that helps put Shadow in the forefront.

Although Bytecoin was out way before Darkcoin, the latter has the first mover advantage over every coin project in the anon vertical; However, superior technology can alter landscape.

Shadow's main weakness at the moment is recognition from the media and from the general crypto community.. but I have a strong feeling that will be changing very soon. Traction comes with time and we have plenty of that.

In the future, our team will be focused on further improving upon an already amazing innovation, so we can all look forward to that. Right now we have the best anon solution on the market coupled with a proven platform and a wide array of features some of which have a viable market value to multiple billion dollar industries. I would implore any new investors to really dig into our project and see what it is about. We've made many "firsts" for crypto and we'll continue to do so. Our team is dedicated to the project, so get involved and join in on the journey - it's going to be an amazing ride Cheesy

I should hopefully have the new website up later today. I'm looking forward to getting everyone's feedback there.

That said, I wish everyone happy holidays. Enjoy your time with your families (remember to tell them about SDC) and wish you all the best in 2015.
Activity: 882
December 23, 2014, 02:01:38 PM
Yes as now it has been mandatory , this is the time to update.
Activity: 821
December 23, 2014, 02:00:24 PM

I'm now able to compile the latest master branch with version 1.3.0.7.

Glad it all worked out Cheesy
Activity: 658
The Buck Stops Here.
December 23, 2014, 01:32:33 PM
Are you reading any of the docs?

The QT wallet compiled fine before the latest mandatory update.
First, make sure that the required packages for Qt5 development of your distribution are installed, for Debian and Ubuntu these are:

Code:
apt-get install qt5-default qt5-qmake qtbase5-dev-tools qttools5-dev-tools \
    build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev \
    libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev \
    libssl-dev libdb++-dev libminiupnpc-dev
then execute the following:

Code:
qmake
make
Alternatively, install Qt Creator and open the shadow.pro file.

An executable named shadow will be built.

Have them all. I'll try QT Creator now.

EDIT: Tried QT Creator still same error. The source seems to be missing a file.

/home/propulsion/Downloads/shadowcoin/src/qt/qrcodedialog.cpp:12: error: qrencode.h: No such file or directory
 #include
                      ^

Edit (again): I was missing a dependency libqrencode-dev

I'm now able to compile the latest master branch with version 1.3.0.7.

So in summary:

It seems like the new wallet can no longer be compiled with qt4. Also in doc/makefile.unix it list's an optional dependency as libqrencode. That is now mandatory and also named libqrencode-dev.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050
December 23, 2014, 01:27:19 PM

First, make sure that the required packages for Qt5 development of your distribution are installed, for Debian and Ubuntu these are:

Code:
apt-get install qt5-default qt5-qmake qtbase5-dev-tools qttools5-dev-tools \
    build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev \
    libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev \
    libssl-dev libdb++-dev libminiupnpc-dev
then execute the following:

Code:
qmake
make
Alternatively, install Qt Creator and open the shadow.pro file.

An executable named shadow will be built.
The Buck Stops Here.
December 23, 2014, 01:24:08 PM

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050
December 23, 2014, 01:18:03 PM
So... this isn't the Darkcoin thread why's everyone talking about it?

Back to SDC.

QT does not compile whatsoever on Linux. I've switched branches from master to anon --both don't compile-- I've checked out tags, yet everything is a no go. I can however compile the daemon just fine.

Any advice?

Here's my output just from doing only qmake:
Note: Same on both master branch & anon branch.

Quote from: bash
WARNING: Failure to find: src/qt/shadowgui.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: src/qt/shadow.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: src/qt/shadowbridge.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: src/qt/shadowgui.h
WARNING: Failure to find: src/qt/shadowbridge.h
WARNING: Failure to find: shadow.qrc
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin/rcc: File does not exist 'shadow.qrc'

Hmm, I compiled QT from source on linux this morning without any issues.
IIRC you need QT5 and not QT4

Which branch did you compile or did you do it by tag?

Edit: Removed qt4 and installed qt5. I no longer have qmake errors but instead error out while compiling.

src/qt/qrcodedialog.cpp:12:22: fatal error: qrencode.h: No such file or directory
 #include
                      ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [build/qrcodedialog.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
src/ringsig.cpp:20:12: warning: ‘int printPoint(EC_POINT*, const char*)’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
 static int printPoint(EC_POINT *P, const char *pref)
            ^
src/ringsig.cpp:42:12: warning: ‘int printBN(BIGNUM*, const char*)’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
 static int printBN(BIGNUM* bn, const char *pref)
            ^

The above was done using the master branch.

When using the anon branch I receive this:

Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: webkitwidgets
make: *** [Makefile] Error 3

The Buck Stops Here.
December 23, 2014, 12:38:00 PM
So... this isn't the Darkcoin thread why's everyone talking about it?

Back to SDC.

QT does not compile whatsoever on Linux. I've switched branches from master to anon --both don't compile-- I've checked out tags, yet everything is a no go. I can however compile the daemon just fine.

Any advice?

Here's my output just from doing only qmake:
Note: Same on both master branch & anon branch.

WARNING: Failure to find: src/qt/shadowgui.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: src/qt/shadow.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: src/qt/shadowbridge.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: src/qt/shadowgui.h
WARNING: Failure to find: src/qt/shadowbridge.h
WARNING: Failure to find: shadow.qrc
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin/rcc: File does not exist 'shadow.qrc'

Hmm, I compiled QT from source on linux this morning without any issues.
IIRC you need QT5 and not QT4

Which branch did you compile or did you do it by tag?

Edit: Removed qt4 and installed qt5. I no longer have qmake errors but instead error out while compiling.

src/qt/qrcodedialog.cpp:12:22: fatal error: qrencode.h: No such file or directory
 #include
                      ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [build/qrcodedialog.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
src/ringsig.cpp:20:12: warning: ‘int printPoint(EC_POINT*, const char*)’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
 static int printPoint(EC_POINT *P, const char *pref)
            ^
src/ringsig.cpp:42:12: warning: ‘int printBN(BIGNUM*, const char*)’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
 static int printBN(BIGNUM* bn, const char *pref)
            ^

The above was done using the master branch.

When using the anon branch I receive this:

Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: webkitwidgets
make: *** [Makefile] Error 3
Jump to: