Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 456. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
December 16, 2014, 09:13:08 PM

Under section 6.1.1. in the Setup function, there is a trusted parameter lambda.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
December 16, 2014, 09:01:34 PM
Your scheme needs a trusted setup. How do you provide such a trust ?
Activity: 725
Merit: 501
Boycott Qatar 2022
December 16, 2014, 08:51:56 PM
Activity: 522
Merit: 266
December 16, 2014, 08:38:29 PM
what's the main exchange these days?

bittrex

also on Cryptsy although still low vol.
 Might well build volume there as the snowball goes on.....
Activity: 503
Merit: 500
December 16, 2014, 08:30:12 PM
Having a lot of exchanges is a plus; if manipulators get too froggy on one they can get arbed on another.

Having a lot of exchanges is a minus; people foolishly leave their coins on exchanges and whenever there is a theft incident it hurts the reputation and distribution of the coin.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
December 16, 2014, 08:14:01 PM
Due to little volume and trade history, coin-swap.net will be delisting SDC. Please withdraw from your coin-swap.net account ASAP. Thank you.

Regards,

coinswap-Jared

Based on the daily volume of most of coins on your site, you should remove 90% of coins there. Good luck Wink

coin-swap.net is a shit exchange, I never use it Grin

Won't use it again! Who is stupid enough to trade on a plateforme, when its PR is announcing the day ZK is released that they are delisting it...
If thats not the proof that they are incompetent (...)

CoinSwap-Jared is probably trying to gain some visibility for his "exchange"...
I think he is the only one trading there Grin

If you believe the manipulation they have more volume than Bittrex lol.
Activity: 714
RISE Project Manager
December 16, 2014, 08:08:54 PM

Grin

Oh well goodbye coin-swap!
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
December 16, 2014, 08:08:20 PM
Due to little volume and trade history, coin-swap.net will be delisting SDC. Please withdraw from your coin-swap.net account ASAP. Thank you.

Regards,

coinswap-Jared

Based on the daily volume of most of coins on your site, you should remove 90% of coins there. Good luck Wink

Won't use it again! Who is stupid enough to trade on a plateforme, when its PR is announcing the day ZK is released that they are delisting it...
If thats not the proof that they are incompetent (...)
December 16, 2014, 08:07:07 PM

Regards,

coinswap-Jared

Then they would only be left with paycoin, which is obviously heavily manipulated and the owners of the exchange are doing/saying nothing about it. It makes complete sense that exchange is from Tampa, FL.

Guess I'll just be forced keep using Bittrex.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
December 16, 2014, 08:03:50 PM

Regards,

coinswap-Jared

Activity: 286
December 16, 2014, 07:55:56 PM
See this reddit thread
Quote from: fluffyponyza
There's little substance in the code, the verifyRingSignature() method is trivially simple and isn't called anywhere else in that commit. Their proposed function, generateRingSignature(), doesn't exist and thus it's impossible to determine whether they've actually done anything of substance. The whitepaper is purposely vague in many of the important parts, and a review in conjunction with code is impossible, so we have to take it on the face of it...which is that NIZK + ring signatures + security + low space utilisation = impossible right now.

Any comments?

I don't think the full code for ShadowSend v2 was available in the repo, hence the references to "secret sacue", when he made that comment. He's welcome to have another look now that it is.

Thank you, I'm not trying to troll. I'm genuinely interested in learning more but obviously with so much money involved invested on different sides it is hard to get a straight answer sometimes.

No probs. Hopefully the Monero guys will give it a fair shake now that the code is available (but as you said there is a lot of money involved).
Activity: 700
★ IT's Party Time! ★
December 16, 2014, 07:54:05 PM
See this reddit thread
There's little substance in the code, the verifyRingSignature() method is trivially simple and isn't called anywhere else in that commit. Their proposed function, generateRingSignature(), doesn't exist and thus it's impossible to determine whether they've actually done anything of substance. The whitepaper is purposely vague in many of the important parts, and a review in conjunction with code is impossible, so we have to take it on the face of it...which is that NIZK + ring signatures + security + low space utilisation = impossible right now.

Any comments?

I don't think the full code for ShadowSend v2 was available in the repo, hence the references to "secret sacue", when he made that comment. He's welcome to have another look now that it is.

Thank you, I'm not trying to troll. I'm genuinely interested in learning more but obviously with so much money involved invested on different sides it is hard to get a straight answer sometimes.

Market capitalization of the anon coins:

Darkcoin       $ 9,801,818
        Monero       $ 1,716,802
ShadowCash        $ 709,939

I think it's obvious where to invest... Wink
Activity: 476
December 16, 2014, 07:48:28 PM

bittrex
Activity: 4
December 16, 2014, 07:47:55 PM
December 16, 2014, 07:47:45 PM
See this reddit thread

Any comments?

Activity: 286
December 16, 2014, 07:44:46 PM
See this reddit thread

Any comments?

December 16, 2014, 07:38:13 PM
See this reddit thread

Any comments?
Activity: 49
December 16, 2014, 06:54:02 PM

Regards,

coinswap-Jared

Well, you win some, you lose some

you got that right  Wink
Activity: 606
December 16, 2014, 06:42:03 PM
Tell us from which community you are, it will be more clear for us to understand you

I'm a boolberry investor and I have followed the crypto_zoidberg's work in development of his new currency CN + POS.
What is the problem with this?
But today I met fudcoin, so I created this profile and I met shadowcash by that thread lol

I believe you're comparing apples to oranges. The trusted setup is a weakness of Zerocoin and Zerocash.

The shadowdevs decided to integrate zero knowledge non interactive proofs on top of ring signatures as a solution to the trusted setup weakness of the ZK-snark theories.

Jump to: