Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 457. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
RISE Project Manager
December 16, 2014, 06:38:58 PM

The Fujisaki paper is basis for traceability in cryptonote ring signatures. The shadow token paper clearly describes a trusted ("special") setup to create an oracle as two hash functions. It is a deal breaker for true anonymity because it requires you to trust the person who set it up.

This is the exact same problem with all "zero coins". They require a trusted setup.

From my understanding... SDC's implementation is different from standard "zero coin" ZK attempts in that it utilises ZK in a way that the "setup" is similar to a dev who sets up or generates the genesis block.

In the SDC version of "ZK" it appears (to me at least, please correct if wrong) that SDC v2 only uses "ZK" to obfuscate the minted tokens exact origin whilst being able to prove their existance and therefore validate their redemption when passed on / spent.

It appears that the natural randomization of progressive use through multiple outputs (exchanging SDC for Tokens and vice versa) would signify that obtaining any kind of relative gain from knowing how it was "setup" if it was indeed relevant completely obsolete.

Still am trying to get to grips with this and would like to learn more but my conclusion so far is the "setup" you refer to and the way it's used in SDC's case is a bit like Satoshi "setting up" the Bitcoin genesis block.... It's relevant to a point of not being relevant once it's out because the coins on the blockchain don't lie and SDC coins will always be accounted for.

Not sure I understand how it would matter for this particular use?

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
December 16, 2014, 06:33:26 PM
Tell us from which community you are, it will be more clear for us to understand you

I'm a boolberry investor and I have followed the crypto_zoidberg's work in development of his new currency CN + POS.
What is the problem with this?
But today I met fudcoin, so I created this profile and I met shadowcash by that thread lol
Activity: 606
December 16, 2014, 06:29:39 PM

EDIT: zero knowledge proofs require a trusted setup. This allows the person who set up the system to create tokens at will if they didn't destroy the setup parameters.
this is why zero cash can't work.
It's the same problem with zero vert.

https://eprint.iacr.org/2006/389.pdf

You answered my question by citing Fujisaki.

The Fujisaki paper is basis for traceability in cryptonote ring signatures. The shadow token paper clearly describes a trusted ("special") setup to create an oracle as two hash functions. It is a deal breaker for true anonymity because it requires you to trust the person who set it up.

This is the exact same problem with all "zero coins". They require a trusted setup.

Section 3.1.1 of the Shadow whitepaper debunks your claim.
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
December 16, 2014, 06:28:46 PM
Due to little volume and trade history, coin-swap.net will be delisting SDC. Please withdraw from your coin-swap.net account ASAP. Thank you.

Regards,

coinswap-Jared

Well, you win some, you lose some
Activity: 49
December 16, 2014, 06:23:27 PM
Due to little volume and trade history, coin-swap.net will be delisting SDC. Please withdraw from your coin-swap.net account ASAP. Thank you.

Regards,

coinswap-Jared
Activity: 527
December 16, 2014, 05:55:12 PM
Tell us from which community you are, it will be more clear for us to understand you
December 16, 2014, 05:44:06 PM

EDIT: zero knowledge proofs require a trusted setup. This allows the person who set up the system to create tokens at will if they didn't destroy the setup parameters.

You answered my question by citing Fujisaki.

http://puu.sh/dxuPD/d19af67743.png

http://puu.sh/dxdR4/9bb07c34c9.png

Activity: 390
Merit: 250
December 16, 2014, 05:19:21 PM
Ugh, my 1.2 wallet just froze up trying to send some coins to my 1.3 wallet on another machine. Is this to be expected?  Huh

I just tested my 1.2 wallet, without any issues.
Is it still running?
Could you possibly mail me the debug.log file?
[email protected]

^Is this guy great or what!? LOL

Is it just me or does SDC solve a lot of BTC's troubles?

What do you have on mind particularly? I'm curious about your perspective.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
December 16, 2014, 05:15:39 PM

I would pay someone a bitcoin if they could teach me what all that meant in that thar white paper. lols. I am serious though. DM me.
Activity: 616
December 16, 2014, 04:42:05 PM

Activity: 462
December 16, 2014, 04:31:31 PM
Love the santa hat on the Shadow symbol. What a great gift this wallet was for the holidays! By the way great job devs this wallet is so much quicker and more responsive then the last builds Grin
Activity: 700
★ IT's Party Time! ★
December 16, 2014, 04:24:08 PM
How can anyone be sure that there are no "phantom tokens"? Who is going to control the creation of these tokens? Is it all based on trust, are you serious? wtf

they can only be created by sending SDC -> Shadow, there are api:

>shadowcoind help anon
anoninfo [recalculate]
anonoutputs [systemTotals] [show_immature_outputs]
estimateanonfee [narration]
reloadanondata
sendanontoanon [narration] [comment] [comment-to]
sendanontosdc [narration] [comment] [comment-to]
sendsdctoanon [narration] [comment] [comment-to]

and in the wallet there is a chain data page, which shows all the anonymous outputs in the system.

Perfect   Kiss Kiss Kiss
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
December 16, 2014, 04:21:22 PM
How can anyone be sure that there are no "phantom tokens"? Who is going to control the creation of these tokens? Is it all based on trust, are you serious? wtf

they can only be created by sending SDC -> Shadow, there are api:

>shadowcoind help anon
anoninfo [recalculate]
anonoutputs [systemTotals] [show_immature_outputs]
estimateanonfee [narration]
reloadanondata
sendanontoanon [narration] [comment] [comment-to]
sendanontosdc [narration] [comment] [comment-to]
sendsdctoanon [narration] [comment] [comment-to]

and in the wallet there is a chain data page, which shows all the anonymous outputs in the system.

December 16, 2014, 04:14:31 PM
Activity: 308
thrasher.
December 16, 2014, 04:00:30 PM
We translated Shadowcoin as 影子比, if another translation is already in use we can change it.

We've been using 暗影币ShadowCoin开发组
Someone translated it for us a few months ago

Thank you. 暗 is an interesting choice, I will talk with our Mandarin speaking staff and we will roll out an update.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050
December 16, 2014, 03:50:39 PM
Only issue I've seen so far on MacOS... Running the latest version of the wallet and latest version of OSX.

When selecting how I want to send coins the colors are white on white.

Great job DEV team

Shadow theme? Mac always get the coolest looking stuff!
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
December 16, 2014, 03:43:29 PM
We translated Shadowcoin as 影子比, if another translation is already in use we can change it.

We've been using 暗影币ShadowCoin开发组
Someone translated it for us a few months ago
Activity: 308
thrasher.
December 16, 2014, 03:27:46 PM
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
December 16, 2014, 03:22:54 PM
Couldn't help myself  Wink

Ryno & Techovert. You guys are LEGENDHEY NOW!

Activity: 503
December 16, 2014, 03:16:43 PM
Ugh, my 1.2 wallet just froze up trying to send some coins to my 1.3 wallet on another machine. Is this to be expected?  Huh

I just tested my 1.2 wallet, without any issues.
Is it still running?
Could you possibly mail me the debug.log file?
[email protected]

On its way. Yes it's running, "not responding."
Jump to: