Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 487. (Read 1289636 times)

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
November 24, 2014, 02:48:24 AM
i advise everyone to read about this thread, link below

http://shadowtalk.org/topic/270/rich-list-11-21-2014

very nice points of view

The distribution on this coin isn't the best, I'm not to concerned about that as I believe that the tech behind this coin will carry it through.

Actually having such an unfair distribution is good for short term price increases. If they have strong hands, and they dont sell its ok. It keeps coins off the market.

However, it can deter investors. And of course what kind of long term prospects can an investor have?
I think it would be better for the coin if the top holders dumped some coins now say 10-15% just so more people can join the shadow community with a large enough stake to care about helping with the community projects...

Large holders are the only thing holding back mass adoption of sdc IMHO

haha good idea....someone is looking for cheap sdc Huh

Thanks Skip,

IF anyone has some coins for sale PM me.
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
November 24, 2014, 02:45:59 AM

very nice points of view

The distribution on this coin isn't the best, I'm not to concerned about that as I believe that the tech behind this coin will carry it through.

Actually having such an unfair distribution is good for short term price increases. If they have strong hands, and they dont sell its ok. It keeps coins off the market.

However, it can deter investors. And of course what kind of long term prospects can an investor have?
I think it would be better for the coin if the top holders dumped some coins now say 10-15% just so more people can join the shadow community with a large enough stake to care about helping with the community projects...

haha good idea....someone is looking for cheap sdc Huh
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
November 24, 2014, 02:44:19 AM
I picked up some SDC on the dips  Smiley  but don't have the time to
follow the thread as I would like to.

Could someone inform me of what the next releases will be
and if there is any time line for them the Dev's mentioned.

Much Thanks!

Sincerely,

MM

next release will be zero knowledge with ring signatures

right now, it is on public test
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
November 24, 2014, 02:30:38 AM
I picked up some SDC on the dips  Smiley  but don't have the time to
follow the thread as I would like to.

Could someone inform me of what the next releases will be
and if there is any time line for them the Dev's mentioned.

Much Thanks!

Sincerely,

MM
Activity: 503
Merit: 500
November 24, 2014, 01:49:19 AM

It should be less than 2% of the total, because all the coins aren't staking.

The fees shouldn't affect coin supply because they're just being moved from one account to another, but I don't think you get your share of that unless you're staking either.

#1.  Mostly wrong.  I guess yes, technically it will be less than 2% for most years.  However, all the coins aren't staking but coin age is saved.  You could have shadow on a paper wallet 5 years, import the same key to a machine wallet, and get 5 years worth of coin age for the first stake.

#2.  Correct.  Fees are redistributed in stakes.  For at least blackcoin anyway, and while I don't know for sure, I'm guessing this is a blackcoin fork, since every pos coin worth a shit in the last 8 months has been.   http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/2n2xp4/raising_staking_awareness_foundation_to_give_out/

All right, then what is the difference between a staking coin and a non-staking coin? Just how much of the fees you get?
Activity: 299
Merit: 250
November 24, 2014, 12:11:08 AM

The fees shouldn't affect coin supply because they're just being moved from one account to another, but I don't think you get your share of that unless you're staking either.

#1.  Mostly wrong.  I guess yes, technically it will be less than 2% for most years.  However, all the coins aren't staking but coin age is saved.  You could have shadow on a paper wallet 5 years, import the same key to a machine wallet, and get 5 years worth of coin age for the first stake.

#2.  Correct.  Fees are redistributed in stakes.  For at least blackcoin anyway, and while I don't know for sure, I'm guessing this is a blackcoin fork, since every pos coin worth a shit in the last 8 months has been.   http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/2n2xp4/raising_staking_awareness_foundation_to_give_out/
November 23, 2014, 10:49:46 PM
Can someone explain the increase in coin supply to me? I understand that POW phase is over and now we are in POS phase. Does that mean that total coin supply will now increase with 2% a year? I'm asking as I want to understand how much my coins will decrease in price over time if market cap stays equal, it will affect my trading strategy.

this does mean supply will increase 2% a year

if there are any other other variables/considerations, like the impact of transaction fees, I'd like to know

but yes, it is 2%

see http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/shadowcoin/

Available Supply: 6,447,068 SDC

Activity: 327
November 23, 2014, 10:35:22 PM
is shadow chat almost done?
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
November 23, 2014, 10:00:10 PM
Question about Staking

I'm curious, I have some coins in my wallet, but the part of them that is Staking seems to be quite random.. or am I wrong?
Is there any way to set max. amount for Staking? (I know there's the "Reserves" option, but I mean the opposite).

This is my experience. Not all ur coins can stake at all times.
Somebody else will explain the maths.

Yes, you can can specify a max limit of coins to stake.
No, it is not possible to stake everything always.

Thanks for clarifying that, appreciated.

NP. My pleasure  Smiley
If somebody wants to chime in with more technical info (or links) that'd be cool.

Activity: 390
November 23, 2014, 09:55:58 PM
Question about Staking

I'm curious, I have some coins in my wallet, but the part of them that is Staking seems to be quite random.. or am I wrong?
Is there any way to set max. amount for Staking? (I know there's the "Reserves" option, but I mean the opposite).

Thanks for clarifying that, appreciated.
November 23, 2014, 09:51:30 PM
Can someone explain the increase in coin supply to me? I understand that POW phase is over and now we are in POS phase. Does that mean that total coin supply will now increase with 2% a year? I'm asking as I want to understand how much my coins will decrease in price over time if market cap stays equal, it will affect my trading strategy.

this does mean supply will increase 2% a year

if there are any other other variables/considerations, like the impact of transaction fees, I'd like to know

but yes, it is 2%

see http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/shadowcoin/

Available Supply: 6,447,068 SDC
Activity: 530
November 23, 2014, 09:45:19 PM
November 23, 2014, 09:39:52 PM
Question about Staking

Activity: 390
November 23, 2014, 09:08:36 PM
Question about Staking

November 23, 2014, 08:57:08 PM
The whales will part with their coins when there is something to buy with them. Others will offer the whales something for their coins when there is something to buy with them. That's what it's going to take.

One of the things I see happening is people downloading the wallet as a secure alternative to Skype, mostly for communication and the fact that you can also exchange a cryptocurrency with it is a bonus. Once it has full functionality that might be a good way to promote it. "Want to show your boyfriend your tits? Don't want to show NSA employees your tits? Don't want a hacker to blackmail you with pictures of your tits? Then download the Shadowcash wallet!"

Anonymous Tits  Cool
November 23, 2014, 07:56:12 PM
The whales will part with their coins when there is something to buy with them. Others will offer the whales something for their coins when there is something to buy with them. That's what it's going to take.

One of the things I see happening is people downloading the wallet as a secure alternative to Skype, mostly for communication and the fact that you can also exchange a cryptocurrency with it is a bonus. Once it has full functionality that might be a good way to promote it. "Want to show your boyfriend your tits? Don't want to show NSA employees your tits? Don't want a hacker to blackmail you with pictures of your tits? Then download the Shadowcash wallet!"
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
November 23, 2014, 06:40:46 PM
There has been massive amounts of sdc traded over the past two weeks.
Distribution has been getting better every day.
November 23, 2014, 06:38:37 PM
Don't forget to STAKE your coins!

Network Weight now over 500K (thats a 2-3x jump in 24 hrs).  Cool

All the new comers. Smiley

Don't forget to STAKE your coins! Together we make the network stronger and more secure.

> Strength through Unity

remember, remember…
 Cool
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
November 23, 2014, 06:00:41 PM
Devs dont care about the price, they care about the value.
I don't think that someone is in cryptoworld because he likes new technology and new ideas... 99.9999% just want to earn some money so they only care about price - now and in the near feature! Tongue

I'm in for the technology and nice development , and yes i'm also investing which is pretty normal i think

As you can see on the ripple protocol last days, even the banking guys starting to notice the possibilities of crypto, but in their manner of handling transactions...
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
November 23, 2014, 05:54:12 PM

very nice points of view

Smartest way is large stakeholders releasing small amounts dependent on market cap... there will be always sellers and buyers no matter large stakeholders or not... and volatility will decrease by time

Even @ 10$/SDC large buyers can get a large stake ...
Jump to: