Pages:
Author

Topic: [self-moderated] Report unmerited good posts to Merit Source - page 44. (Read 51733 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 53
Altcoin tied to USD?
Description: The idea of a stable coin was very first time discussed here. Interestingly, that poster is still very active on this forums.
Category: Altcoin discussion
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 6706
Cashback 15%
I always accept it. But I am trying really hard to learn more. I just wrote what came on mind.
I wasn't really giving you any harsh criticism, because you've earned a lot of merits from other posts with the same level of English.  For the linked thread, though?  As suchmoon kinda said, the topic is threadbare at this point, which is basically what I said in my other post.

But I am really not agree to send merit higher rank for such as topic or reply. I am encourage to send lower rank for such as reply who is below member rank.
Believe me, I try.  You know probably as well as I do that lower-ranked members posting in Bitcoin Discussion tend to make very low-quality posts and that thread was full of them, and I explained to you why:  talking about bounties is all most shitposters can relate to, and thus most of the responses are going to be straight from the combinatoric asswipe reassembly factory, whereby the same members (or new ones) say the same things in different forms, and it's all vapid crap.  It's almost as bad as reading comments on Youtube.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
Really I didn't expect merit on that post. On the other hand I know very well most of reputed member/merit source or holder never enter this board due to over spam.

Post deserve it, also take the merit receiverd from them as my new year gift for your effort towards fighting scam Wink

If all reputed member just avoid that board then who will cure ? I don't know why CryptopreneurBrainboss mentioned it here.

You just said why I mention it.  I believe if users start noticing merited post on the board from reputed users  more often than usual, there could be a probability of them increasing their posting quality just to get merited too,  giving back BD her past glory. Also will love quality post to stand out by been highlighted with merit on the board.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 2169
Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator
It's a worn-out subject and possibly on the wrong board - might make more sense in B&H.
Yes I was bit confused where should be post. Also my sense said that to post B&H board, but as well as we know there is not much reader. Although most of spammer on Bitcoin Discussion board but it will read more reader on that board. On the other hand few are losing hope from bitcoin that's why I post on Bitcoin Discussion board. But my mistake is, I didn't made it self moderated to prevent spam. Really I didn't expect merit on that post. On the other hand I know very well most of reputed member/merit source or holder never enter this board due to over spam. If all reputed member just avoid that board then who will cure ? I don't know why CryptopreneurBrainboss mentioned it here.

I merited a couple of posts, but most of them are shitposts--and it doesn't surprise me.
Its looking good at least you are spending your merit on that board. But I am really not agree to send merit higher rank for such as topic or reply. I am encourage to send lower rank for such as reply who is below member rank.

1) English was very broken
I always accept it. But I am trying really hard to learn more. I just wrote what came on mind.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Topic itself is a decent one, tried to search through replies if I could find any post worth meriting but I couldn't (you can give it a try).

I'm reluctantly marking it as "good" (not that it means anything LOL) but I'm not sending any merits to it. It's a worn-out subject and possibly on the wrong board - might make more sense in B&H. In Bitcoin Discussion I would consider a post to be meritorious if it rises at least slightly above the noise level there and this sadly doesn't in my opinion. It's just the same "don't lose hope" / "the sky is falling" yo-yo that board is full of.
legendary
Cashback 15%
I merited a couple of posts, but most of them are shitposts--and it doesn't surprise me.  When you create a thread about bounties and earning bitcoin/altcoins, that's prime real estate for shitposters.  That's really all they know, and the section they visit most:  Bitcoin Discussion.

So that thread has already gone downhill, though there were some fairly decent posts.  But most of them were just regurgitating posts I've seen so many times before, and I have to tell you that the topic isn't exactly original.  It's obvious the OP took time to create his post, but 1) English was very broken, but more importantly 2) The thread is a shitpost magnet and the OP wasn't original (not plagiarized, just not anything new).

Edit:  But hey, LoyceV merited the OP.  This is the great thing about having so many merit sources and diverse opinions.  It's also a win for this thread.
legendary
Earning Bitcoin is good, but don't depent on it.
Description : An advice to those thinking of quiting, posted by Coolcryptovator
Category : Opinion, Advice
Section : Bitcoin Disscussion

Topic itself is a decent one, tried to search through replies if I could find any post worth meriting but I couldn't (you can give it a try).

Edited: @suchmoon and @The=Pharmacist thanks for the feedbacks I'll try to improve in identifying quality (maybe get a little bit closer to your standards) on my next report.
legendary

This is surprisingly (for BD) a not-very-shitty thread but I'm sure it will devolve soon. For now I've spread some merits over there. Thanks for sharing.
legendary
Bitcoin Is Really Meant as a Peer to Peer System
Description : Use of Bitcoin
Category : guide, opinion.
Section: Bitcoin Disscussion

The second paragraph when poster describe bitcoin as freedom giving us freedom over our choice of usage made me fall in love with the reply also I believe the post has some sense and meriting it will make it stand out also there are other average quality replies in the topic, you can read through them.

This is surprisingly (for BD) a not-very-shitty thread but I'm sure it will devolve soon. For now I've spread some merits over there. Thanks for sharing.

Glad I could help.
legendary
You meant TWO POSTS (if you count report example)

Kinda sorta... that post had already been merited by the time you posted the link here so technically it doesn't meet the rules.

Just a question regarding reporting a post here-

The objective of this thread is to send enough sMerits to post which deserves. I just don't get one point, it's not a complain. marlboroza has reported one post but he didn't send any sMerit in that post. He hadn't enough sMerits to send or anything else? If I am reporting a post here means, I believe that post deserves to get merit, therefore, I should send sMerit first. Isn't the way it should work?

I'm assuming he ran out. Also the OP requires posts without merits.

Also I'll love to appeal to merit source since I can get their attention here.  Please when meriting our posts please increase the allocation. I'm not complaining of not receiving merit (I do receive so thanks) but please try increasing the amount you send. I get an average of 1 smerit from normal user I just feel it isn't fair receiving the same amount from you guys with exception to few.  Thanks. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

That doesn't really change much in the long run. You're either going to get fewer posts merited at higher rates or more posts at lower rates. However it is important that sources attempt to exhaust their allocations even if that means lowering their standards a little bit and/or increasing spending per post.
Activity: 1643
Merit: 683
LoyceV on the road. Or couch.
Just ran out of smerits and saw this thread (I have bookmarked it).  But I have one question, I'm mostly active on the Beginners & Help board and sometimes Politics & Society board so I'm inquiring if there's any restrictions to some boards because most post I come across are not of that high quality but deserve meriting & right now I don't have smerit to send.

Also I'll love to appeal to merit source since I can get their attention here.  Please when meriting our posts please increase the allocation. I'm not complaining of not receiving merit (I do receive so thanks) but please try increasing the amount you send. I get an average of 1 smerit from normal user I just feel it isn't fair receiving the same amount from you guys with exception to few.  Thanks. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.
Post the links, good or decent quality is enough.

As for the amount per post: I make it a point to empty my source, the amount I send depends on the post quality and how much I have left.
Sending more per post means meriting less posts, but thanks to doubling my source I can send more.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
I get an average of 1 smerit from normal user I just feel it isn't fair receiving the same amount from you guys with exception to few.

Not all merit sources are created equal. Some get low double figures of sMerit a month, some get around 1000, and everyone has a variable amount of their own sMerit left as well. The ones who give out several merits per post as standard do that because they can. If I tried to hand out that many, I'd have to merit around 10x less posts than I currently do.

If I run out of sMerits by giving 1 merit to lots of good posts, that's fine, but if I'm down to my last few sMerits, then I'm not going to give them all to one post (unless that post is exceptional), and leave myself unable to merit any other good posts I see until I get refilled.
legendary
Just ran out of smerits and saw this thread (I have bookmarked it).  But I have one question, I'm mostly active on the Beginners & Help board and sometimes Politics & Society board so I'm inquiring if there's any restrictions to some boards because most post I come across are not of that high quality but deserve meriting & right now I don't have smerit to send.

Also I'll love to appeal to merit source since I can get their attention here.  Please when meriting our posts please increase the allocation. I'm not complaining of not receiving merit (I do receive so thanks) but please try increasing the amount you send. I get an average of 1 smerit from normal user I just feel it isn't fair receiving the same amount from you guys with exception to few.  Thanks. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
I just see them and move on if I don't have the sMerits to give out--so my point is that when people complain that they see really good posts that are going unmerited, they might not be lying.  They're just not keeping track of them.

True. But just to be devil's advocate - suchmoon's thread has been open for several months, and is similarly barren in terms of links to good posts. You would have thought at some point in the last 4 months a handful of these users complaining about merit, of which there are many, might have remembered to post a link or two. Still, I'll continue to be on the hunt for good lower ranked members with my shiny new source allocation.

To address the other points regarding abuse, there are several ways to prevent this. Allowing it for junior members and up only seems a logical first step - if you are unable to gain a single merit yourself, then you probably aren't a good judge of what constitutes a meritable post. One report per week for juniors, with the time limit decreasing as you go up in rank. Blocked from using it if you continually suggest trash. Unable to report your own posts. Having said that, if this thread remains open for months and has minimal uptake, then I think spending time and effort on such a feature is probably a waste.
Activity: 308
Merit: 277
Just a question regarding reporting a post here-

The objective of this thread is to send enough sMerits to post which deserves. I just don't get one point, it's not a complain. marlboroza has reported one post but he didn't send any sMerit in that post. He hadn't enough sMerits to send or anything else? If I am reporting a post here means, I believe that post deserves to get merit, therefore, I should send sMerit first. Isn't the way it should work?
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
We're doing great. We have merited ONE WHOLE POST in just three days.
On a positive note: that post gained 11 Merit since being posted.

This seems to be a recurring theme that's just being played on repeat. A user complains loudly about all the "great newbie posts not getting merited". An offer is made to provide links to these posts so we can shower them with merit. We get no response. The user in question then either conveniently forgets about the whole thing or disappears altogether. Then nothing for a few weeks until the next user complains and the whole thing starts again.
Hence this topic, send them here Cheesy

And yeah, this thread so far is a disappointment.  Maybe Jr. Members are now starting to accept that they might not ever make it past that rank
Or maybe they just know their posts aren't good at all, and the chances of getting busted for plagiarism are larger than the chance of getting Merit. This nicely sums up my response to the last Newbie I saw complain about Merit:
Brutal.
legendary
Cashback 15%
There are some people who would see it as click the report your own post for merit button and just click everything they ever write...
I'm aware of that, which is why I mentioned that there should be restrictions, e.g., the option to block or ignore a member's reports, limits on how many posts can be reported by a single member in a given time frame, etc.  I'm sure Theymos could think of something reasonable if he wanted to implement such a thing.  It could work, and I do see where it could be abused or misused. 

This is a forum full of greedy little shits, shitposters, and scammers, so we know that anything that can be exploited will be.  If a "report to merit source" button were to be created, I have some faith that it could be done in such a manner that abuse could be minimized. 

For every idea someone has around here, there are many reasons why that idea won't work right.  But what happened last year?  We got the merit system, which has an enormous potential for abuse--but Theymos structured it in such a way that it still makes it very hard for shitposters to rank up.  He certainly is bright enough to make a button to report good posts with in such a way that the spammers don't hijack it.  That's my take.
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
And yeah, this thread so far is a disappointment.  Maybe Jr. Members are now starting to accept that they might not ever make it past that rank, that merits are very hard to earn if you can't write English very well in the main section, and they've given up hope.  I don't know the reason, but I would still very much support a "report post to merit source" button if there were some restrictions put in place to reduce the amount of spam that would inevitably get reported.  This is one of those things I'm hoping Theymos might consider.

There are some people who would see it as click the report your own post for merit button and just click everything they ever write...
legendary
Cashback 15%
An offer is made to provide links to these posts so we can shower them with merit. We get no response.
I've noticed this, too, and I've been thinking about it a little.  I've read threads where I see some good posts and have found myself out of sMerits that I would have liked to have given out, posts that hadn't yet been merited.  If you asked me point blank to tell me exactly what those posts were, I would not be able to tell you.  I just see them and move on if I don't have the sMerits to give out--so my point is that when people complain that they see really good posts that are going unmerited, they might not be lying.  They're just not keeping track of them.

Sometimes when I see a post or a user who should be getting merit but isn't, I'll bookmark the post or the member's profile for when I have sMerits to distribute (shouldn't be a problem now that Theymos upped my allotment), but I'm pretty sure most of the lower-ranked members who are complaining about this stuff aren't doing that.

And yeah, this thread so far is a disappointment.  Maybe Jr. Members are now starting to accept that they might not ever make it past that rank, that merits are very hard to earn if you can't write English very well in the main section, and they've given up hope.  I don't know the reason, but I would still very much support a "report post to merit source" button if there were some restrictions put in place to reduce the amount of spam that would inevitably get reported.  This is one of those things I'm hoping Theymos might consider.
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
We're doing great. We have merited ONE WHOLE POST in just three days.

This seems to be a recurring theme that's just being played on repeat. A user complains loudly about all the "great newbie posts not getting merited". An offer is made to provide links to these posts so we can shower them with merit. We get no response. The user in question then either conveniently forgets about the whole thing or disappears altogether. Then nothing for a few weeks until the next user complains and the whole thing starts again.

Yeh we get similar in the Known Alts thread - replace merits with Red Paint TM and you get the idea.

The only posts recently that I'd love to give merits to were in a thread suggesting Vod's IP started 127.... priceless stuff...

I had forgotten about that, haha! Wait, isn't a sign of narcissism to be laughing at your own jokes? Oh dear. I wonder what ever happened to that guy. He's been inactive for a month or two. I wonder if he ever did send 127.0.0.1 to his "lawyers" for investigation.

I'd say that's why ol' Bozo has fallen silent.
Pages:
Jump to: