Pages:
Author

Topic: Selling quality collectable Casascius coins........ - page 3. (Read 12700 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
I would be a buyer if you can come down on the price. The last 3 25s offered here went down as:

1) 2weix tried to sell and no one would buy it and he peeled  Sad
2) Sold for 26.5BTC
3) Sold for 27BTC

I purchased the last 2 and both were series 2. Let me know if you have some room price wise or not.

Edit: I also have other coins I could trade if you were interested? Willing to do a partial trade/BTC or whatever.

legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362
Hi guys, this topic peaked my interest. Sitting here for a while Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003
Last bump....

If the 25BTC coin is not sold before BTC hits $1000......the holo gets it!  Grin

Noooo.... Smiley There are only ~350 Series-2 25BTC coins still active!

My theory on the 25BTC coins is that they're likely to enjoy their day in the sun as high-premia collectibles down the road - hence, I'm holding mine. They go relatively unloved today because they're kind of an odd duck in terms of design, and more critically, they're high denomination....and since Bitcoin hasn't broken into the mainstream of numismatics where collectors have serious money, the market consists mostly of fellow Bitcoiners for whom it's hard to pay 2x,3x,etc premia on a coin with a >$10000 face value.

But a big part of the theory behind Casascius collectability at all is not appreciation due to selling to other Bitcoiners; I'd argue that the bull-collectible-theory is more contingent on the success of Bitcoin overall, leading to much stronger interest from more traditional numismatic circles. And look at the premia over "face" or "bullion" value that collectors place on certain gold-coin issues... Some gold (double|half|etc)-Eagles can go for 6 or 7 figures when they technically have <$2000 worth of gold in them. It's ultimately almost all about history and rarity.

The 25BTC coins have that history and rarity. They're 2011 dated, and show up as cover photos in hundreds of media stories about Bitcoin. They are intimately tied to Bitcoin's history, possibly more so than any other physical-bitcoin issue, Casascius or otherwise, a relative few were made to begin with, and they suffer the largest redemption percentage of any Casascius issue (besides the 1000BTC, of course). Those history and rarity factors are the most important qualities for eventual desirability.

But if you really want to kill the coin, I guess it makes mine non-trivially more valuable long-run, given the relative few of them out there. Smiley
legendary
Last bump....

If the 25BTC coin is not sold before BTC hits $1000......the holo gets it!  Grin
legendary
Is there any chance you would come down to that?
Hmmmm. Gonna sleep on it.
Will get back to you tomorrow.

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1372
Is there any chance you would come down to that?
legendary
How much is the 25 BTC going for? I would pay 28 BTC
I wanted BTC32 last November. I think BTC30 is a fair price.

Still the last 25BTC coin ever to be funded, according to....   http://www.spotcoins.com/bitcoin/casascius/variety/25-btc-series-2

Where are you in the ?UK?

Im actually in Spain, currently. But happy to travel to deliver, if necessary. 

Where in Spain? I am in South France near MArseille

Cool. Thats doable. Im just south of Valencia. PM me if/when you want to set something up. 

Depends on Price mate. Could go 28.5 but thats my total limit man.
legendary

Still the last 25BTC coin ever to be funded, according to....   http://www.spotcoins.com/bitcoin/casascius/variety/25-btc-series-2

Cool. Thats doable. Im just south of Valencia. PM me if/when you want to set something up. 
legendary

legendary

legendary

legendary
Is the OP up to date?
I am also currently looking for someone who have a 25 BTC for sale.
Yes, just the 25BTC left for sale.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
Is the OP up to date?
I am also currently looking for someone who have a 25 BTC for sale.

Not anymore, found one.
legendary
legendary
I want a quality Kiara. I will swap 3x 5BTC blank Casascius for one.

I assume you mean a Kialara? If so, there are 9 different kinds of Kialaras so you might want to specify which one you are interested in.
Arrh. More morning coffee needed. Cheers.

Didnt realise there were that many designs. I had the first edition in mind.

The first edition sold for $129 each. Max intended to make 2,500 of them but he recently destroyed the parts of over 1,500 of them due to the lack of time/demand of other versions etc. They are sold out on his website so the market value went up slightly (most are offered for sale for 0.4-0.5 BTC). I doubt anyone is willing to trade one for 3 blank 5BTC Casascius coins (which are auctioned for ~0.05 BTC each).

Here is one for sale for 0.43BTC (a good price imo): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sold-kialara-2014-unfunded-1256764

Good luck finding one! They are absolutely beautiful so it's worth it Grin.

Thats helpful. Thanks for the info, fella.  Cool

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin

I assume you mean a Kialara? If so, there are 9 different kinds of Kialaras so you might want to specify which one you are interested in.

The first edition sold for $129 each. Max intended to make 2,500 of them but he recently destroyed the parts of over 1,500 of them due to the lack of time/demand of other versions etc. They are sold out on his website so the market value went up slightly (most are offered for sale for 0.4-0.5 BTC). I doubt anyone is willing to trade one for 3 blank 5BTC Casascius coins (which are auctioned for ~0.05 BTC each).

Here is one for sale for 0.43BTC (a good price imo): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sold-kialara-2014-unfunded-1256764

Good luck finding one! They are absolutely beautiful so it's worth it Grin.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin

Pages:
Jump to: