Pages:
Author

Topic: Selling quality collectable Casascius coins........ - page 4. (Read 12700 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
I want a quality Kiara. I will swap 3x 5BTC blank Casascius for one.
legendary
Offer of 27.5 still on the table Cool
Tis a fair offer, considering. Cheers
Lets see.  Undecided
legendary
Merit: 1009
Offer of 27.5 still on the table Cool
legendary
Still for sale.
Despite the physical/Casascius coin market dropping off of late, maybe theres a few new ETH beneficiaries out there.   Tongue
legendary
HEH. Blazed is playing the long game.

Will a 25 be worth $27,000 when BTC hits $1k? Do any of us even care?

Nah, i dont think we care. I think we have all tried to consider and understand what happens to the high value coins when $ price of BTC hits a magnitude or two above current price.....and we just dont know. I mean, i dont think i will be protesting so much about the low trade price of this 25BTC coin, when the premium is 'only' $10,000 or $20,000 above redemption. I'll take that, happily. But thats not where we are currently.

On the other hand, i know of a lawyer in London who paid £15,000 cash for one of these 2 years ago. So everyone has their own reasons/drivers, and price, for these kind of purchases.

Looks like i need to sell this away from here, maybe.
legendary
HEH. Blazed is playing the long game.

Will a 25 be worth $27,000 when BTC hits $1k? Do any of us even care?

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

Sale 1 - 2weix: could not find a buyer even at 26 so he peeled it

That would be my preferred option, if i couldnt find the right collector.

If you value peeling a holo over 2BTC then sure  Cool
I can justify that, by being left with the redeemed coin, which ive seen go for ~1BTC, minus the delivery cost and stress.

How much you selling yours for?

I am buying not selling them.
legendary

I can justify that, by being left with the redeemed coin, which ive seen go for ~1BTC, minus the delivery cost and stress.

How much you selling yours for?
legendary

Peeling a holo feels great for about 5 seconds

Yeah, then you're like "fuck, I can't go back..."

Paying a BTC1-2 premium for a BTC25 coin is NUTS. These guys scored big! That's a small fee to pay!

Go and scoop some up then! Everyone says it's so cheap, but never see them buying.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!

Yeah, then you're like "fuck, I can't go back..."

Paying a BTC1-2 premium for a BTC25 coin is NUTS. These guys scored big! That's a small fee to pay!
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

Well I guess it kinda depends. Sending a 25BTC coin in the mail is certainly going to be nerve racking, and even if you use escrow, there is the chance that you will get scammed. Also when you have a physical coin, you probably (at least I don't) take it's digital value into as much consideration as I would having the same amount of digital value in an address that I can sign a message from.
legendary

legendary

legendary

legendary
Not interested in the 25btc but is that 10BTC up for sale?
The 10BTC sold for 19BTC. So each coin mysteriously acquires its own premium value. Thats the magic of Casascius, i guess.  Cheesy

The fact is, the 25BTC's dont publicly change hands often enough to really know what the premium is for it. It certainly aint a measly +2BTC/less than 10%. Blazed found 2 desperate, and lost souls there.  

Of the last 3 sales I know of publicly it went down like this...

Sale 2 - I bought graded MS-65 for 27
Sale 3 - I bought non-graded for 26.5

The 10 will command nice premiums and sell fast. The only Cas coins that do not move fast are the 25s. Now if you had a series 1 I would offer a slightly higher premium, but not much. At the end of the day these coins are hard to sell.
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1407
The 10BTC sold for 19BTC. So each coin mysteriously acquires its own premium value. Thats the magic of Casascius, i guess.  Cheesy

The fact is, the 25BTC's dont publicly change hands often enough to really know what the premium is for it. It certainly aint +2BTC. Blazed found 2 desperate, and lost souls there.  

Sad  The 10BTC cas coin is my mecca that Ive not got yet.  If you come across one please let me know.
legendary

The fact is, the 25BTC's dont publicly change hands often enough to really know what the premium is for it. It certainly aint a measly +2BTC/less than 10%. Blazed found 2 desperate, and lost souls there.  
legendary

I will offer you 27BTC for it. I have purchased 2 of these in the last few months at or below 27BTC.

Why anyone would sell @27BTC or below, is utterly baffling to me.   

This may set a precedent that Casascius coins carry a flat BTCx premium over the face value. I.e., add BTC2 to the face of the coin being offered for sale and that's your starting point for a fair price.

In the end the fair price will always be what the seller and buyer agree upon as a price, but the premium theory could represent the starting point for that discussion.

Each coin is different.  This X face value needs to stop, it doesnt hold when talking about cas coins.  Either way if anyone wants to buy a .5 btc brass for +2BTC for a total of 2.5BTC Ive got some to sell  Grin
legendary
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!

I will offer you 27BTC for it. I have purchased 2 of these in the last few months at or below 27BTC.

Why anyone would sell @27BTC or below, is utterly baffling to me.   

This may set a precedent that Casascius coins carry a flat BTCx premium over the face value. I.e., add BTC2 to the face of the coin being offered for sale and that's your starting point for a fair price.

In the end the fair price will always be what the seller and buyer agree upon as a price, but the premium theory could represent the starting point for that discussion.
Pages:
Jump to: