Pages:
Author

Topic: Selling quality collectable Casascius coins........ - page 6. (Read 12700 times)

copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
A tiny bit off-topic, but where did you get the case that you are using for those Antana coins? It looks awesome. I currently have two boxes in which I store everything, but I want to switch to a glass thingy like you have.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
Ok. Ive been reunited with my treasured 25BTC Gold Casascius again, while i went gallivanting around Europe. Now i have it in my hands again, its again time to try and see what its worth to someone.

Just to piss on my own sale right from the start......i cant bring myself to post this coin. Undecided I want a face-to-face sale, somewhere in UK/Europe (currently in France, but will travel).
If someone wants this posted, thats doable, but you are trusting me to post it, and the postal service to safely deliver it, as full payment is needed beforehand.
Maybe an international buyer knows and trusts someone in UK/Europe that i could hand this over to. Whatever, i wont be posting it unless the buyer assumes all risk. Sorry.

I want 32BTC 30BTC for this coin.

https://blockchain.info/address/1GoW4sfgKHdK3MZxbqUNHzeJK2KijkpfPU

http://www.spotcoins.com/bitcoin/casascius/variety/25-btc-series-2

This could possibly be the last 25BTC Casascius to be funded.

Cheers

^^That's a flash aberration on the holo. The coin is spotless, as its been in its original plastic pouch^^
Activity: 481
Merit: 500
Woking as a binman sucks.
Was selling these on another thread. Thought id start my own.......

Taking offers for the following coins......

1btc 2011 'error' Graded MS-66 SOLD
10btc Silver Graded MS-67 (non Gold BTC) SOLD
25btc Gold

The 25btc Gold was funded 8th Jan 2014.

Happy to exchange in person if in England, by arrangement.  

Those are so cool. You have a wonderful collection. Which of those are still available to be purchased and do you make deals on orders of more then one coin?
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
is there casascius coins with under 1 btc?
i want it if there and you have one.

2013 Silver .1
2013 Brass .5

The silver will most likely end up being worth more then 1 BTC in most cases. That would really only leave the Brass halve that you can buy for under 1 BTC
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

2013 Silver .1
2013 Brass .5
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
Activity: 654
Merit: 504
Depends on the coins, but never seen a 25 command much of a premium.

Remb somewhere 25BTC was being sold for 40btc..
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1407
Fully agree.  Dont know why mike opted for this with the 25, but it is what it is.  If I had a 25 right now 27btc would do it for me (that is if I had an extra Wink)
legendary
For the value I think the 25's are the best buy right now.  Not much of a premium.  Just have to have the btc on hand.

That is the only reason I would buy it is low markup. Personally I think the 25 is the ugliest coin Casascius made. I have no clue why it is not at leaset silver or something nicer. Anyways if OP will take 27 or so I would buy it.
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1407
For the value I think the 25's are the best buy right now.  Not much of a premium.  Just have to have the btc on hand.
legendary
Depends on the coins, but never seen a 25 command much of a premium.
27.5BTC inclusive shipping
Im thinking, more like 35BTC.....Inclusive of shipping, of course!
Have you seen any other similar coins sell for a 10 BTC premium? AFAIK the casascius coins tend to fetch no more then a roughly 2 BTC premium or so.

Currently, some 10BTC cas coins going for 10btc premium are overvalued, except maybe 0.5silver v2.
copper member
Have you seen any other similar coins sell for a 10 BTC premium? AFAIK the casascius coins tend to fetch no more then a roughly 2 BTC premium or so.

Premium depends on the coin. The 0.5 Silver with Series 2 hologram gets a premium of more than 5 BTC, there is no rule as "Casascius have a 2 BTC Premium"
you are right, however with the exception of the most rare silver coins, and the coins in the most pristine condition, generally speaking the premium tends to top out around 2 BTC or so. Sometimes it may go a little higher then that.

Even the example you gave has a premium of roughly half of what the OP is asking for and this coin is not quite as rare as the .5 series 2 hologram.

Folks with 10 BTC coins often ask for a premium of 10 or more. Whether they achieve it is another matter though. Historically 25s haven't attracted much premium. The bigger the denominations get the unwieldier they are to offload.
I think they are more difficult to unload because of the large amount of money they require for someone to spend to buy them. Not many people have the bankroll/budget to be able to afford them.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht

Folks with 10 BTC coins often ask for a premium of 10 or more. Whether they achieve it is another matter though. Historically 25s haven't attracted much premium. The bigger the denominations get the unwieldier they are to offload.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

Premium depends on the coin. The 0.5 Silver with Series 2 hologram gets a premium of more than 5 BTC, there is no rule as "Casascius have a 2 BTC Premium"
copper member
Activity: 679
Merit: 526

I don't think I have seen one go for that much but I totally believe you should hold out for the price you want on this.  These coins are going to be impossible to find in the years to come.
legendary
legendary
I would offer 27BTC

I would be happy to buy at this price, myself.  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: