Pages:
Author

Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC - page 59. (Read 89308 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 250
May 25, 2018, 03:39:45 AM
I don't think that it will work. I'm sure that every developer and team of the ICO project should have the standard system to guarantee that the ID submitted for KYC is valid and legal. However, if the fake ID is really accepted, what can we do? It's just unfair.
Activity: 599
Merit: 502
Token/ICO management
May 25, 2018, 03:28:35 AM
I think that the ICOs need to have a reasonable proof that you are not a citizen of the banned countries (for example, the US). So, you sent documents, confirmed that they are yours.
I think this is enough to confirm to regulators that tokens were not distributed to countries have been banned for participation.
Activity: 66
Merit: 0
May 25, 2018, 03:07:32 AM
Most of the time, ICO team asked us to submit the KYC information, but they didn't really review these data, because even a false KYC information, still can pass their verification, they just to collect the data, I think this isnt so nice. Kyc is the ability to identify real investors and I really support kyc because, it eliminates people that try to chest the system
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
May 25, 2018, 03:03:42 AM
KYC is now very important to identify the real investors that participate in the ICO investment. But sometimes, it is also for the bounty hunters.
Related tot he fake KYC ID, I don't know what to say. It is absolutely illegal because it is likely kind of deceives. but, I'm sure that the developer checks the ID very well so that the fake ID for KYC can be detected.
indeed for kyc is very important for investors, but for bounty hunter I think it is not too important,
and the fake id issue of the managers will surely know it, dont worry
Activity: 210
May 25, 2018, 02:49:46 AM
This KYC process is just to say that there is a process like this, since it is impossible to know if the person sending the IDs is the same one that owns the documents.
I quite support the idea of kyc so as to checkmate those with multiple accounts.
Activity: 784
May 25, 2018, 02:49:06 AM
If they actually verify the data with a serious of course if such forged data there will be no gifts sent and it was charred. But if it's just as important are the terms sent then crimes like counterfeiting ID will keep many do. that loss certainly is the person that has the ID if it comes to it's abused.
Activity: 133
May 25, 2018, 02:30:51 AM
I have no problem in giving my real ID cards for KYCs. Only people  with multiple accounts are against this. What’s the worst thing that could happen to someone with a very low credit limit? Not getting paid because the ID sent was fake and got charged for falsification of documents.
Activity: 700
May 25, 2018, 02:26:31 AM
If you are involved in good projects, invest a lot of money, I would not recommend you provide incorrect data for verification. A situation is possible when you are asked to provide a document for the withdrawal of a large amount and you will not have it. It's very dangerous.
Activity: 658
May 25, 2018, 02:23:31 AM
KYC is now very important to identify the real investors that participate in the ICO investment. But sometimes, it is also for the bounty hunters.
Related tot he fake KYC ID, I don't know what to say. It is absolutely illegal because it is likely kind of deceives. but, I'm sure that the developer checks the ID very well so that the fake ID for KYC can be detected.
Activity: 966
Merit: 104
May 25, 2018, 12:33:11 AM
I'm just like you sending your real data, because I'm sure of the projects I'm participating in. If you think the project fraud, it is better not to participate at all in it
No matter how we check the documents of the ICO and its team, we can not do it qualitatively because we do not have the capabilities of the law enforcement agencies. Participation in ICO projects is always risky, we are also forced to rely on luck. Therefore, I do not see anything wrong with sending fake or foreign copies of documents to these teams. In this case, there will be no criminal liability. I have not yet seen that the ICO team refers to a specific law or even a bylaw that grants them the right to require us as signatories of the ICO signature campaign to provide copies of their documents. So what kind of criminal responsibility can there be in this case? There can not be any responsibility at all here.
Activity: 322
Merit: 106
May 24, 2018, 10:10:53 PM
I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

still not a fair guide I only have 1 account and it is here I am using
mr. block the dev of that I am following and he send a ether scan link that cheats his campaign with lots of adb token (adbank) and atleast there are 300 transaction AND THE ONLY TOKEN TRANSFERRING  was adb
still not fair because we small people are not getting what is right like the cheaters did

Activity: 504
April 09, 2018, 09:26:35 AM
In my opinion KYC should be reserved for government/banks/insurances, when a crypto project ask for it, my first idea is to refuse, but I already made it once, because I believed  strongly in the project...
Activity: 248
Merit: 1
April 09, 2018, 09:17:54 AM
I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

yes, that is true. Faked documents shouldn't be sued, however also the KYC levels should be considered. If ICOs are not able to do it right, they shouldn't do KYC at all...
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
www.daxico.com
April 09, 2018, 09:14:05 AM
That's very  possible and seems to me that ICO asking for KYC for their contributors and bounty participants are not really serious of what they are doing because one can send fake information for the KYC requirements but can still be able to received the tokens/coins.
Activity: 518
Merit: 251
April 09, 2018, 08:58:52 AM
At present it's relatively easy to send fake ID, because it's very unlikely that they can check if they are good or not.
But I think that in the next future there will be a "blockchain" of personal data, may be with fingerprints or something so, and it will be impossible to escape from control.

If that will happened then many would not send any fake ID's at all. So by then, it would be impossible that anyone would keep fake information according to their individual personal data.
Activity: 574
April 08, 2018, 10:57:32 PM

NOT FAIR.

if sending a fake ID to KYC seems to be a very unwise act because they are ICO founders who need KYC to avoid some buyers banning ICO purchases because sometimes there are some ICOs that prohibit some countries to participate in ICO purchases, so it's best to just follow the correct referral and give the original ID.
Activity: 75
Merit: 11
April 08, 2018, 09:13:08 PM
It is a gamble to send fake data and find your account frozen at a later point of distribution. For sure not an easy task checking IDs from dozens of countries.

x2

this is the bottom line

Activity: 462
Merit: 10
April 08, 2018, 09:06:57 PM
They should be has some feature or technology to know that is fake ID, provide ID to the company that collect money from investor when ICO is important to avoid any ilegal action and money laundry. Many country unregulated crypto because anonimous but will be any new technology to avoid any money laundry.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
April 06, 2018, 10:58:54 PM

NOT FAIR.

This is totally unfair. But I think it is not good to imitate. To a certain extent, this illegal scheme or crooked operations could escape the eyes of the companies involved but there will come a point when all these cheaters will be caught. If the companies will dig a bit deeper they may not be able to furnish further legal documents. And this will be their end. I better choose to be honest and not suffer in the end. Actually, there are already wallets that ask not just IDs but also videos.
Activity: 627
Merit: 500
April 06, 2018, 10:50:04 PM
don't you think  Its' dangerous if some bad guys know your personal  details infomation. i never joined project which need KYC ,why not buy from market ,maybe cheaper then ICO.
Pages:
Jump to: