Pages:
Author

Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC - page 60. (Read 89308 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 103
April 06, 2018, 10:44:31 PM
Polymath and Bobs Repair can go straight to hell if this is true.  

I'm one of the individuals who actually went through that BS KYC system of these projects and gave my identification.

I wish I would have know that you could have sent in any old BS and get passed.  Well I'm done with KYC.  Hoping nothing bad happens with my documents.  I wonder where they actually are right now and who all has them?  If these KYC are that easy to beat how professional are these outfits we are sending our documents to?

Once again playing by the rules is for the suckers.  

Ugh. The moment I read this thread, I felt butterflies in my stomach. I am one with those who sent in real IDs for KYC. Made me wonder where do they store our data. Or do they really countercheck it or secure all the IDs. Had I known this earlier, I guess, I will not be giving real ID. I wouldve sent fake ones instead, for my protection.
Activity: 430
Merit: 100
April 06, 2018, 10:41:38 PM
I did spend a lot of time reading through this chat and so many people are afraid of sending they real id. So what exactly do you think will happen if someone wrong will get your id ?

Dont say he will use it as his for ICOs
It's obviously he will use it for ICOs or claim his bounty through fake ID. People are afraid to give their real ID because they are worried if their ID will be used or given to something criminal by other people.

Based on the experience you can buy ICO cheaper because the trend is always thrown into a cheaper price than the ICO price before pumping. It is better not to join ICO with KYC requirements. In addition you can buy the coins in the trading platform once registered
Now the information leak is really serious, any program can get the relevant personal information, it is very difficult to avoid the bad people.
Activity: 350
April 06, 2018, 10:36:57 PM
I did spend a lot of time reading through this chat and so many people are afraid of sending they real id. So what exactly do you think will happen if someone wrong will get your id ?

Dont say he will use it as his for ICOs
It's obviously he will use it for ICOs or claim his bounty through fake ID. People are afraid to give their real ID because they are worried if their ID will be used or given to something criminal by other people.

Based on the experience you can buy ICO cheaper because the trend is always thrown into a cheaper price than the ICO price before pumping. It is better not to join ICO with KYC requirements. In addition you can buy the coins in the trading platform once registered
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
April 06, 2018, 10:18:15 PM
I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

How sure are you that there are in fact people who sent fake identification documents? Do you have any basis in saying that there are indeed groups of people who are doing this? A reference may well support your serious allegations.

Anyway, if this is true then the KYC/AML are mechanisms that are futile and will not really serve the purpose to which they are designed for. I was also thinking of how effective this is. If all they need are IDs then everybody can easily secure one from anywhere else without really divulging their real identities.

How you can know that the bounty sent not valid id? I dont know how they know it or they just try to say useless thing.
Kyc has pros and cons among participants because there are some people agree and also not. So when we are asked to fill kyc then do it with not fake information.
Activity: 798
Merit: 2
*** https://www.buying.com ***
April 06, 2018, 09:30:59 PM
If there are people who can easily make fake id for KYC in Photoshop. These people are doing the right thing. It's a pity that I do not know how to use it. I think it's not right to demand pass KYC from bounty hunters. We don't launder stolen money. So we do not need to send documents. I'm generally against KYC for bounty hunters. And I agree with the Egowhite. Give us a guide for using Photoshop to pass KYC))
Activity: 121
Merit: 0
April 06, 2018, 09:28:45 PM
Verifying the identity to accept the account is essential to protect the interests and assets of the user, I do not complain about this, so will control the account to create name
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
March 29, 2018, 03:55:31 AM
I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

It's definitely not fair mate. Actually as far as I know those ICO want a clear copy of ID as their KYC but somehow on your point that is uncontrollable situation and on that case I have no idea what is the best option to maintain a proper KYC process and to make asure that those ID's are legit. It depends upon the ICO if they are willing to take it seriously your concern or not.
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
March 25, 2018, 04:34:48 PM
At present it's relatively easy to send fake ID, because it's very unlikely that they can check if they are good or not.
But I think that in the next future there will be a "blockchain" of personal data, may be with fingerprints or something so, and it will be impossible to escape from control.
Activity: 1247
Merit: 295
Palestine
March 24, 2018, 02:20:12 PM
its can get you in very big probleme but im sure it wont take you to a serious probleme but why you send fake id ? you can just use someone real ID and this wont be fake id use:D
Activity: 392
Merit: 70
March 24, 2018, 02:18:53 PM

NOT FAIR.

on the one side it is NOT FAIR. And on the other side, what's stopping you to send not your own documents? Not guess? That same now to blame other. Do not participate in projects and in the crypt as a whole. There are no laws fully regulating all processes.
I do easier, I just do not pass the KYC, I do not want to show my documents
Activity: 1568
Merit: 283
March 24, 2018, 08:01:39 AM
It depends, some icos at the start said they will not require any kind of identification from their investors and then at the end they did needed that information so those that invested do not have too much of a choice, and this is why many people are complaining about these requirements because now they're facing a difficult decision of sending their information that they did not want to send in the first place or to lose their money.and kyc for bounty should not exist !!!
If you are there in the world of crypto currency and that you are dealing with different things may it be related to that of investing of your money, participating in signature or bounty campaign or even becoming a part of an ICO, you need to do lot of work to gain suitable knowledge regarding the things first and then you need to apply that knowledge so that you can stay away from any scam or fraud.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
March 22, 2018, 02:00:40 PM
Sending a fake ID is certainly illegal, what if someone finds out that you did this? Is this a violation of the law? It seems to me that the one who does this can have problems.
Well it's kind of obvious that we are not experts on the law of all the countries of the world but I'll be surprised if there is any country in which this is not a crime so sending a fake ID is only going to bring you trouble, so if the coin in which you want to invest asks you for this information it is better to wait for the open market and buy the coin from someone that wants to sell it.

It's a better option than risking getting your identity stolen imho.
Both options are terrible if you ask me, using a fake ID is only going to create problems for you in the long run you could get paranoid about the fact that someone may find out and then you will need to face jail time, but sending your information is also not a very good option because your identity could be stolen and you do not know what other people could do with that information.
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
March 21, 2018, 02:31:51 PM
It depends, some icos at the start said they will not require any kind of identification from their investors and then at the end they did needed that information so those that invested do not have too much of a choice, and this is why many people are complaining about these requirements because now they're facing a difficult decision of sending their information that they did not want to send in the first place or to lose their money.and kyc for bounty should not exist !!!
QFT
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
March 21, 2018, 12:33:29 PM
Sending a fake ID is certainly illegal, what if someone finds out that you did this? Is this a violation of the law? It seems to me that the one who does this can have problems.
Well it's kind of obvious that we are not experts on the law of all the countries of the world but I'll be surprised if there is any country in which this is not a crime so sending a fake ID is only going to bring you trouble, so if the coin in which you want to invest asks you for this information it is better to wait for the open market and buy the coin from someone that wants to sell it.

It's a better option than risking getting your identity stolen imho.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
March 21, 2018, 12:29:52 PM
Activity: 210
Merit: 12
March 18, 2018, 01:47:09 PM
Has anyone ever brought up this issue about personal data protection with regulators and representatives? They may say it's your own responsibility to decide to give your passport to third parties or refrain from investing, because preventing money laundering and tax evasion is more important than your privacy. Explain that leaking thousands of passports on the dark web gives rise to even more money laundering and tax evasion.
Activity: 476
March 18, 2018, 01:39:51 PM
surely it will not be accepted delivery must be with the original ID if the fake must be caught and will get the appropriate punishment there is no teloransi at all.
Activity: 35
March 18, 2018, 01:35:42 PM
The main problem here is centralized KYC process and poor security. We send our docs, those companies got hacked = our data is leaked. I completely understand when people are trying to get around it and send a fake info. However, we need a proper fix to this. Selfkey is trying to fix it and they actually do provide KYC for a few ICOs. The advantage is you don't have to send your docs over Internet, which is amazing.
Activity: 108
March 17, 2018, 01:40:54 PM
I am more than confident that those people who send their real data, sooner or later will have big problems with the law and tax.
Activity: 798
Merit: 101
March 17, 2018, 01:35:35 PM
Well, this is a routine and all what they need is certain amount of participants application and check if you are citizen of USA or China. Fake ID really work, but in some cases they should be a high quality. What's more, they can ask for additional documents,so you've got to prepare full pack before or find somebody to paint new required document
Pages:
Jump to: