Author

Topic: Seuntjies DiceBot -Multi-Site, multi-strategy betting bot for dice. With Charts! - page 167. (Read 274463 times)

legendary
Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018
I wrote my own martingale bot (and since I created it, I know exactly how it works with no surprises).  On JD it got through 6900 rolls and didn't quite get to doubling up the bankroll before it hit 12 straight losses in a row and quit (to preserve the initial deposit).  No money lost overall and it was interesting watching it play, but be sure your starting bet and bankroll can withstand a very long run of losses.

12 losses in a row = 1/(.505^12) = 1 in 3634 rolls you should go bust.
14 losses in a row = 1 in 14,253
16 losses in a row = 1 in 55,890
20 losses in a row = 1 in 859,354

If you started with a 0.0001 bet and lost 20 times in a row you would end up betting 104 bitcoins to win back your original bet of 0.0001.  Betting US$13.5k to win 13 cents overall.  Hmm.  You can't martingale bet after 22 losses as the max profit won't allow it.

This is why investors love martingale.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
Has anyone looked at the code to make sure that this thing is safe and will not steal the btc out of my wallet on my computer or from my account?  Not that I dont trust the OP, its simply the nature of the game to have a healthy skepticism with everything.  I like the bot and want to use it on my main computer.
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
Fixed, for real this time

https://sourceforge.net/projects/seuntjiejddb/files/Update%20Only/DiceBot-2.4.2.exe/download - exe update only, replace previous one

Thank you again, fast update! Now it seems to be working fine! I will test it more and let you know if find something.
legendary
Activity: 1717
Merit: 1125
No problem, nice programming! Im happy to test it.
legendary
Looks nice, how I can get it bet automaticly?
Now it stops after each bet / after pressing bot´s start high / start low button.

Seems I made an error in that specific method, fixed now. You can download it at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/seuntjiejddb/files/Update%20Only/DiceBot-2.4.1.exe/download - exe update only - replace the existing exe with this one
https://sourceforge.net/projects/seuntjiejddb/files/Complete%20Release/DiceBot-2.4.1.zip/download - full download

Thank you. Now it updates balance correctly when pressing reset, but after first roll it halts giving "unhandled exception" error with the details below: (It does same thing on Win XP fin and Windows 7 UK machines)

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   at System.Double.Parse(String s)
   at DiceBot.cDiceBot.DoBet(Double dBalance)
   at DiceBot.cDiceBot.set_PreviousBalance(Double value)
   at DiceBot.cDiceBot.tmBetting_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.2012 (RTMLDR.030319-2000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DiceBot
    Assembly Version: 2.4.1.0
    Win32 Version: 2.4.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/DiceBot-2.4.1/DiceBot-2.4/DiceBot-2.4.1.exe

found the error, and a series of other errors that the same problem is going to make, mostly while saving and reading the settings. busy with a fix and will have one ready within a few hours.

Sorry about this, I wish I had a way of testing everything, but sadly there are just too much to test, so some things slip through.
Now it stops after each bet / after pressing bot´s start high / start low button.

Seems I made an error in that specific method, fixed now. You can download it at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/seuntjiejddb/files/Update%20Only/DiceBot-2.4.1.exe/download - exe update only - replace the existing exe with this one
https://sourceforge.net/projects/seuntjiejddb/files/Complete%20Release/DiceBot-2.4.1.zip/download - full download

Thank you. Now it updates balance correctly when pressing reset, but after first roll it halts giving "unhandled exception" error with the details below: (It does same thing on Win XP fin and Windows 7 UK machines)

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   at System.Double.Parse(String s)
   at DiceBot.cDiceBot.DoBet(Double dBalance)
   at DiceBot.cDiceBot.set_PreviousBalance(Double value)
   at DiceBot.cDiceBot.tmBetting_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.2012 (RTMLDR.030319-2000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
DiceBot
    Assembly Version: 2.4.1.0
    Win32 Version: 2.4.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/DiceBot-2.4.1/DiceBot-2.4/DiceBot-2.4.1.exe

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Why? This is a good programming job, but is still stupid. You will never win, never, the house edge will overcome your martingale, and leave you broke. Haven't we all been over this before...

And this is a thread that gives people an option to use.  I don't know why you seem to think you need to make it known to the world how martingale doesn't work.  Make a seperate thread for discussing that.  This is a thread to offer a program. 

Stop posting just to increase your post count.  Stay on topic, it is pretty easy to do.

OP, nice programming job. 
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
There is still no way around a proxy at this time?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Why? This is a good programming job, but is still stupid. You will never win, never, the house edge will overcome your martingale, and leave you broke. Haven't we all been over this before...
legendary
I keep getting a message that the operation times out when trying to contact just-dice.com.  I think this may be due to me being on my work computer but I am not sure.  Just wanted to leave this here incase the OP had any ideas.  I can get to just-dice on my browser, but for some reason I cannot when I run this program.

UPDATE:
Now when I start it, it just keeps loading and loading (evidenced by the green bar in the upper right hand corner of the screen going back and forth) but doesnt get anywhere and I cannot click anywhere on the right hand side or close the window down.

it does not have proxy support yet, I'm having a hard time getting the integrated browser to use a proxy. I have experienced both of those problems while trying to run the bot behind a proxy
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
as an investor on JD, i really like this bot Smiley

legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
I keep getting a message that the operation times out when trying to contact just-dice.com.  I think this may be due to me being on my work computer but I am not sure.  Just wanted to leave this here incase the OP had any ideas.  I can get to just-dice on my browser, but for some reason I cannot when I run this program.

UPDATE:
Now when I start it, it just keeps loading and loading (evidenced by the green bar in the upper right hand corner of the screen going back and forth) but doesnt get anywhere and I cannot click anywhere on the right hand side or close the window down.
legendary
There already is a very good working in-browser bot. Why would I want to use this one?

Because this one doesn't accidentally ddos the site and it has a lot of features that the other bot does not have, like the simulator, bet verifier, almost all of the stats and the ways that marting can be modified

Increasing variance does not give you an edge.

my sentence was badly constructed, increased variance gives you a (slightly) bigger chance of coming out with a profit, it does not give you an edge, as you said
Activity: 476
I agree with the math that plain martin will always lose, but by modifying it, a larger variance can be caused, giving you a slight edge. Its not perfect, and i'm always looking for new ways to improve the bot and increase the variance, if you have any suggestions, i'm open to them

Increasing variance does not give you an edge.
legendary
Here decimal separator is , instead of . this can cause some problems?

That would indeed cause the problem, seems that I missed running the balance through the conversion method. I will fix this ASAP.

The deal is , martingale doesnt work , you eventually lose enough in a row to bust. Thats why it is unneccesary to make a bot like this , use your coding skills for something like CAT for trading purposes.

I agree with the math that plain martin will always lose, but by modifying it, a larger variance can be caused, giving you a slight edge. Its not perfect, and i'm always looking for new ways to improve the bot and increase the variance, if you have any suggestions, i'm open to them
Activity: 434

The deal is , martingale doesnt work , you eventually lose enough in a row to bust. Thats why it is unneccesary to make a bot like this , use your coding skills for something like CAT for trading purposes.

It's odd that it doesn't continue betting. I have seen something similar before but I thought I fixed it. When you press on the reset button at the bottom of the stats tab, does it load the balance correctly?

Also, where are you from? Regional settings might be preventing the number from being extracted correctly, I fixed this for most of the inputs, but I might have missed one or two.
After pressing reset button balance shows always 0 and profit 1 at bot´s window, i.e. no.
Im from Finland, I have actually finnish language version of Win XP on the laptop where tested bot, however number format is standard.
Thank you in advance!
Here decimal separator is , instead of . this can cause some problems?

It's odd that it doesn't continue betting. I have seen something similar before but I thought I fixed it. When you press on the reset button at the bottom of the stats tab, does it load the balance correctly?

Also, where are you from? Regional settings might be preventing the number from being extracted correctly, I fixed this for most of the inputs, but I might have missed one or two.
After pressing reset button balance shows always 0 and profit 1 at bot´s window, i.e. no.
Im from Finland, I have actually finnish language version of Win XP on the laptop where tested bot, however number format is standard.
Thank you in advance!
Jump to: