Pages:
Author

Topic: Should Bitcoin's logo color be gold, and not orange? - page 3. (Read 4574 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
EtherSphere - Social Games
First off, if your going to post a question on a forum you should expect criticism.
I might be pessimistic and I am proud to be. I am not a dreamer as you seem to be. I am a realist.
You should learn to accept that everybody has their own opinions.
No need to be offended and take offense. And no, I don't have 1 btc because I have not worked for it because I am busy working at my real job and until the day that bitcoin is worth more than the hours I put in my job per day, I will not work full time trying to earn 1. Living in reality is much more harder than putting complete faith into something so volatile.
If you disagree with that, then I respect that as it is your decision.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Well an orange color can be definitely made part of the "brand" and be easily recognizable. Making it gold or green for that matter is a lazy approach, like giving a scar to a villain, it's not only lazy it's wrong too, this is not gold nor cash. However I can see the gold color having some logic because of how mining and Bitcoin work. In my opinion a great and particular orange color (there could be thousands of variations) works or could work well.

I'm a graphic designer if that matters.
I'm not trying to be rude here, (Now please forgive me if you are offended), but...I genuinely stopped reading when you started talking about villans.

What are you even talking about?

Hehe, ok, maybe I didn't make myself clear. Using a gold color for a "currency" is lazy, is like giving a scar to a villain in terms of lazy writing. "Look he has a scar, he is bad". Same for Bitcoin, it is golden, it's like gold or related to gold. It's just lame. However if you've kept on reading I mentioned the link with mining and gold, and that's ok I guess.

To me, there's room for a Bitcoin "orange" color that you can immediately associate with, just so you associate green with cash and gold with...gold
Oh, I see what you mean now.

Sometimes the simplest solution is the best solution though, (Not in most cases, but in some) so don't say because something is easy that it automatically means it won't work.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
Well an orange color can be definitely made part of the "brand" and be easily recognizable. Making it gold or green for that matter is a lazy approach, like giving a scar to a villain, it's not only lazy it's wrong too, this is not gold nor cash. However I can see the gold color having some logic because of how mining and Bitcoin work. In my opinion a great and particular orange color (there could be thousands of variations) works or could work well.

I'm not trying to be rude here, (Now please forgive me if you are offended), but...I genuinely stopped reading when you started talking about villans.

Hehe, ok, maybe I didn't make myself clear. Using a gold color for a "currency" is lazy, is like giving a scar to a villain in terms of lazy writing. "Look he has a scar, he is bad". Same for Bitcoin, it is golden, it's like gold or related to gold. It's just lame. However if you've kept on reading I mentioned the link with mining and gold, and that's ok I guess.

To me, there's room for a Bitcoin "orange" color that you can immediately associate with, just so you associate green with cash and gold with...gold
legendary
Activity: 966
no, orange is great.
It is great, but don't you think gold is greater?
I'm for gold one also. It's simply number #1 Wink

legendary
Activity: 1568

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Orange is good enough for me. It's brighter than gold color while today there are many people who like brigther color. Personally if we used gold as bitcoin logo, it wouldn't be an unique thing because there are to many online services use gold as their background color.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Must be as it is (as for me). Better orange then gold. It it will be gold then can be similar with the gold. Will lose its specificity. Bitcoin is totally different from gold. This must be expressed in everything which represent it. Even (and notably) the color of its logo. Orange is a beauty color which express power (the Sun is orange), happiness and being unique (compared to the gold).
I'm okay with orange color. Why gold? I think changing something already established makes sense only if you are going to make it much better than before. So why gold is much better than orange?
Orange seems to be a good starting point. Just look at the mcdonald's logo. It was started off yellow then eventually once the brand got stuck into everybodies brains, it became synonyms as the "Golden arches".
In my mind it is an evolution of a brand to change with it's image in people's minds. But bitcoin is far from the gold standard. Maybe when it reaches it's peak again, then the general public will view it alot more valuable. We view it so now because of it's innovation, not it's nominal value like the masses are patiently waiting for it to emerge again to grab on too.
You have to pay over 200 USD for one single bitcoin.

What are you talking about?

It will be worth one million each soon though. We have to push the envelope now, and not " patiently wait". That's not how it works.
200 per coin is nothing to most. Look at the multiple threads about it rising then people selling off. That to me are people patiently waiting.
A million per coin? Pure speculation nothing more.
If you're going to be pessimistic, you don't deserve to have one single bitcoin or post on this site. Also, if you and several other people really want to just sit back while the rest of us work, you all don't deserve to even be giving commentary on the currency, or be on any other site dedicated to Bitcoin. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just trying to get you to realize that Bitcoin is only as good as you make it.

If you don't work, you're not contributing. And if you think small, you're always going to be small.
I'm okay with orange color. Why gold? I think changing something already established makes sense only if you are going to make it much better than before. So why gold is much better than orange?
Orange seems to be a good starting point. Just look at the mcdonald's logo. It was started off yellow then eventually once the brand got stuck into everybodies brains, it became synonyms as the "Golden arches".
In my mind it is an evolution of a brand to change with it's image in people's minds. But bitcoin is far from the gold standard. Maybe when it reaches it's peak again, then the general public will view it alot more valuable. We view it so now because of it's innovation, not it's nominal value like the masses are patiently waiting for it to emerge again to grab on too.

It will be worth one million each soon though. We have to push the envelope now, and not " patiently wait". That's not how it works.
200 per coin is nothing to most. Look at the multiple threads about it rising then people selling off. That to me are people patiently waiting.
A million per coin? Pure speculation nothing more.
This blue is designated to Altcoin?
I only invest and look at bitcoin and don't follow with other cryptos.
I said supposedly.
legendary
Activity: 910

This blue is designated to Altcoin?
I only invest and look at bitcoin and don't follow with other cryptos.

Blue  Smiley
I was kind of liking the blue tone matrix looking logo somebody put forward earlier in the thread.
That invokes the futuristic qualities that bitcoin is trying to portray.
Blue is already supposedly occupied by Altcoin. We need to separate one cryptocurrency from the next.
legendary
Activity: 910
Blue  Smiley
I was kind of liking the blue tone matrix looking logo somebody put forward earlier in the thread.
That invokes the futuristic qualities that bitcoin is trying to portray.

Wait and see.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
I stand with Ukraine.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
I like the orange. I think that lot of people prefer gold colour because "gold" value. But there are a lot of people that prefer other colours too.
It should be black.  Grin
Black is a very thought provoking color. It normally makes people believe something suspicious is lurking. It conceals, hides, and protects identities. That's why bank robbers wear black ski masks and not pink blue or orange ones. Black is also considered a very business savvy color for the fact that it reflects all the colors, is attractive to the eye for it's dramatic appeal and in theory makes you look more slimming. It can also be favored to represent a person with multiple personality disorder.

It's a ton to discuss, but in short, no. It should not be black at all.
Pages:
Jump to: