Pages:
Author

Topic: Should Bitcoin's logo color be gold, and not orange? - page 8. (Read 4574 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Well this is highly subjective. We should not be changing it IMO. Besides, some are going to say that orange looks better and to some gold looks better. As far as I'm concerned, we should leave it how it is.
As far as I am concerned, it's already changed. It's about what color reflects bitcoin. Not what color looks "good". I am trained in these matters. Gold is more suitable for the concept of bitcoin.
But bitcoin is not "gold". I think the orange differentiates this.
I don't think celebrities such as West even think about it, unless they can make a profit off of it's high profile and success.
They will when they see the potential. Gold will grab the attention.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Well this is highly subjective. We should not be changing it IMO. Besides, some are going to say that orange looks better and to some gold looks better. As far as I'm concerned, we should leave it how it is.
As far as I am concerned, it's already changed. It's about what color reflects bitcoin. Not what color looks "good". I am trained in these matters. Gold is more suitable for the concept of bitcoin.
But bitcoin is not "gold". I think the orange differentiates this.
I don't think celebrities such as West even think about it, unless they can make a profit off of it's high profile and success.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
some uses a gold themed logo. (see this. top left.)

incidentally, satoshi created that gold logo...

Well then! We need to occupy the gold version more if we want the right people investing in bitcoin. If we use gold, we could get Kanye West and Kim Kardashian using bitcoin!
copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.
some uses a gold themed logo. (see this. top left.)

incidentally, satoshi created used (not 100% sure about "created") that gold logo...

edit:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.504
wonder what was on that post.
no, orange is great.
It is great, but don't you think gold is greater?

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
no, orange is great.
So I was sitting in my room knitting a sweater, but then I realized my crotchet needle wasn't long enough to make a full sweater, so I made a muffler scarf.

I want to embroider the symbol on my scarf in gold without the background circle. My proposal will entice more people to be a part of this currency if we occupy a color that exudes power, dominance, wealth, leisure and success. Sometimes the right color sells a product. At the moment, I cannot find gold yarn anymore in stores, so I made a Bitcoin charm. I'll be attaching them to my scarves.

Some users are already on board on the color changing to gold. You can see their commentary here in this thread. I just chose to put it front and center.

In a marketing class last year, we had a big unit about logos and branding. The coloring of a logo is actually extremely important, because colors invoke a subconscious response from the viewer. Having gold as the color for Bitcoin logo would imply wealth and power to those who view it, which is much stronger and more serious than what is perceived by orange.

Your thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: