Pages:
Author

Topic: Should Bitcoin's logo color be gold, and not orange? - page 4. (Read 4574 times)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
It should be black.  Grin
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I don't see any reason to change it, its already something that stands out to me
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
At some point a gold color will make the Bitcoin logo look more professional, but currently the logo we have now is more than fine. If the devs come to an agreement regarding the blocksize and bring an official client that supports larger blocks, then I would like to see the new logo being integrated and officially presented.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028
Orange is great choice but what if it goes full gold right after huge boom of it?
It needs more reputation to apply that different color option for appealing of it.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034
In a marketing class last year, we had a big unit about logos and branding. The coloring of a logo is actually extremely important, because colors invoke a subconscious response from the viewer. Having gold as the color for Bitcoin logo would imply wealth and power to those who view it, which is much stronger and more serious than what is perceived by orange.
Is it alright with you if I put this in the OP? I'll be sure to quote you of course.

Absolutely! I'm 100% for this proposition and would love to be shown as in support of it.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
Blue  Smiley
Activity: 112
In a marketing class last year, we had a big unit about logos and branding. The coloring of a logo is actually extremely important, because colors invoke a subconscious response from the viewer. Having gold as the color for Bitcoin logo would imply wealth and power to those who view it, which is much stronger and more serious than what is perceived by orange.
Is it alright with you if I put this in the OP? I'll be sure to quote you of course.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034
Orange looks good but I would have liked it if the shade was a bit lighter and it having a gold border would have been great as well. The logo has been designed well and I've recently printed its logo as well Smiley
In terms of fashion, gold goes with anything though. It'll be more eye catching.

legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
Orange looks good but I would have liked it if the shade was a bit lighter and it having a gold border would have been great as well. The logo has been designed well and I've recently printed its logo as well Smiley
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
i kinda like it as orange Cheesy, a gold bitcoin logo just wouldnt set right with me. its been orange for years now and everyone identifies bitcoin with that logo, it shudnt be changed
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026
Hire me for Bounty Management
no, orange is great.
It is great, but don't you think gold is greater?

If you like it to be gold,make it gold.There's no accounting for taste.Everyone has his own choice and taste.You will get many orange and gold replies and it will confuse you more.You better go with your own preference
I will, I will.

There should be a taste for accounting. I am just doing what I think is right. We need something more enticing to motivate people to use our currency, and...this is probably the first step. Changing that color.
Every color has different affect on different individual.What might entice one,can completely put off other.I dont think more people will start using or stop using bitcoin because of its color
copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.
some uses a gold themed logo. (see this. top left.)

incidentally, satoshi created used (not 100% sure about "created") that gold logo...

edit:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.504
wonder what was on that post.

I prefer the gold one, but like said before, this is highly subjective, so we should let it just like it is right now.

eh. I can go with a simple big BTC with white background. doesn't really matter. bitcoin doesn't have a central authority so creating an "official" logo for everyone to use would be pretty hard.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
no it should not in orange bitcoin logo seems to be really cool for me and i dont want it to be changed and i believe that it wont be ever changed
I'm surprised nobody said "Orange is the new black!"
 Grin

Oh gosh.  :/
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
I'm surprised nobody said "Orange is the new black!"
 Grin
orange is ok i dont want it to be associated with gold as it has to be independent and not connected with anything else like gold

I don't understand your comment. Elaborate.

Also, there's a gold bitcoin symbol in your signature.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
orange is ok i dont want it to be associated with gold as it has to be independent and not connected with anything else like gold
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
I'll be sticking with the orange just because I can't be bothered to edit my website.  Besides, I'd say the colour is pretty flexible anyway.  CoinDesk, for example, use more of a yellow variant and it's not like anyone cares.  

i agree, bitpay, coinbase, bitstamp, kraken should be the people pushing for advertising. as for the logo..
even visa tries to change its logo

so try making something new and then send it to the main bitcoin service companies and give them the freedom to use the logo in all there advertising... but make sure its good, better then previous versions otherwise it will just get ignored.

I think they've changed it again since that one.  There's no yellow at all in the logo on my latest card.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
some uses a gold themed logo. (see this. top left.)

incidentally, satoshi created used (not 100% sure about "created") that gold logo...

edit:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.504
wonder what was on that post.

I prefer the gold one, but like said before, this is highly subjective, so we should let it just like it is right now.
When you see my merchandise, it might entice you to feel differently.

Sorry. I didn't understand what you meant. What is this merchandise you are talking about ? What does it have in common with the logo Huh ?
You didn't read my full OP I guess. I'll see if I can make it shorter so people won't want to skim it.

I'm making handmade bitcoin symbol fashion merchandise, and thought gold looked better than orange for the merchandise, and Bitcoin in general.

I'm sorry, I didn't see it. I red the OP that talks about the scarf but I didn't clicked on the links under it.
Pages:
Jump to: