Pages:
Author

Topic: Should Bitcoin's logo color be gold, and not orange? - page 5. (Read 4574 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
some uses a gold themed logo. (see this. top left.)

incidentally, satoshi created used (not 100% sure about "created") that gold logo...

edit:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.504
wonder what was on that post.

I prefer the gold one, but like said before, this is highly subjective, so we should let it just like it is right now.
When you see my merchandise, it might entice you to feel differently.

Sorry. I didn't understand what you meant. What is this merchandise you are talking about ? What does it have in common with the logo Huh ?
You didn't read my full OP I guess. I'll see if I can make it shorter so people won't want to skim it.

I'm making handmade bitcoin symbol fashion merchandise, and thought gold looked better than orange for the merchandise, and Bitcoin in general.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

incidentally, satoshi created used (not 100% sure about "created") that gold logo...

edit:

I prefer the gold one, but like said before, this is highly subjective, so we should let it just like it is right now.

Sorry. I didn't understand what you meant. What is this merchandise you are talking about ? What does it have in common with the logo Huh ?

edit:

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

edit:

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
the gold could be an improvement but the factor of printing into just one color its impossible cuase gold uses brwon orange yellow gradient and the vector file of it would need to be changed and for printing into one color just its better this way and its also already a trade mark for btc to be orange like some flags of europe and right wing politiacl capital porpuses like holland to japan
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Like many others, I would vote for orange.

Gold is the colour of the precious metal, which makes people think about money (fiat), however bitcoin is based on computer, network, calculations etc. but nothing about fiat.

And for the orange colour, it was chosen by satoshi when bitcoin starts, and hence it is legendary and should be kept. Also if a paper wallet is printed in orange instead of gold would look better (and printing a 'gold bitcoin' paper wallet with reflecting surface would cost more).

For the scarf, I think gold would be a better choice, but of the logo of bitcoin it is definitely orange!
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
no, orange is great.
It is great, but don't you think gold is greater?

I dont think its a good idea PR wise to pick gold, looks too desperate to try copy something which bitcoin is not.  Maybe no colour is best but we have brand now with orange so should keep it.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
Orange is fine, and it has been 6 years since bitcoin was invented, and the logo stayed as is even though there are some variations to it. For me, orange represents cheerfulness and joy, similar to what you just said in op.

I too like Orange color. It's brightest color which mean bitcoin's revolution to be brought by bitcoin. On the other hand I personally feel gold color also more meaningful. Because bitcoin is a digital gold. So gold color will symbolize all the representative of digital gold.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
i like the orange more, simply copy-paste would look very lazy, right now it's more genuine to bitcoin, and any other color would be off

maybe you can minor stuff to it, but i would keep it simple
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
Orange is fine, and it has been 6 years since bitcoin was invented, and the logo stayed as is even though there are some variations to it. For me, orange represents cheerfulness and joy, similar to what you just said in op.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024
Bitcoins should have a touch of the digital world
 Some kind of neon color or something brighter. I prefer the gold well because I find the orange color animated rather than the gold that is for me, the metalic color adds up to a more professional work.
Activity: 952
Merit: 503
Gold for the BTC and yellow for the circle
I think this combination would be nice
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
I like the orange color of bitcoin logo I think it makes it unique.

bitcoin is better than gold so it shouldn't be copying its color anyways. besides bitcoin logo is known now with this color and is used everywhere no point changing it now.
Q7
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I'll go for orange. Gold color should be reserved for gold alone and since bitcoin is not about gold or anywhere near that, orange will be perfect. Plus after so many years staring at the btc logo, it will look odd if you suddenly change the color into something different that doesn't look like btc in the first place.
Activity: 1145
Merit: 506
This is who we are.

International Orange is also associated with experimental projects.  Bitcoin was developed by the NSA as a currency war project.  Wink
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
I personally don't care about the color of the logo. I think that we had many more important things and issues to worry about than will we have gold or orange logo!

Both are fine by me!
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Both orange and gold are nice colors , but i prefer orange personally.
The color of the logo matter just in the design
Merit: 501
No, even though a ball of snow was sold for 1 million USD..

wtf... Who sold a ball of snow for one million dollars?  In bitcoin?
Merit: 501
So I was sitting in my room knitting a sweater, but then I realized my crotchet needle wasn't long enough to make a full sweater, so I made a muffler scarf.

Eight hours of my life....

Anyway, I want to hand embroider the bitcoin symbol onto the scarf in gold, and not in orange. Someone argued that orange is a cheerful energizing color. That's not the spirit of bitcoin though. Bitcoin is about wealth. You can see our argument here.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-come-orange-is-the-color-for-the-logo-of-bitcoin-1211547

My proposal is that the logo should be gold, while taking out that orange circle. The color gold will automatically entice more people to be a part of this currency if we occupy a color that exudes power, dominance, wealth, leisure and success.

Besides, gold yarn will look better on this cream colored scarf anyway.

Your thoughts?

I think symbolism is important.  If our goal is to market bitcoin to the masses and ultimately achieve world domination, then messaging is important and we should have this focus group tested.  My guess is people associate gold with wealth and security more than orange.
Excuse this comment please, but you're being somewhat ironic.

In context of this discussion - Gold vs Orange those would be important considerations. People can design any logo they wish to with any colors around....

I was merely offering some healthy advice that adoption on web media needs to consider technical implications.

Marketeers and advertisers claim there's a lot of difference based just on the color combination u're using, so maybe op has a point to some extent.

They would be correct. As I said Branding and logos are extremely important.
Cool.

We're done here, folks! Let me play us all out with this great danceable song!

https://m.soundcloud.com/favulousworld/zak-waters-runnin-around

Have a good night! ^_____^
Pages:
Jump to: