Pages:
Author

Topic: Should Bitcoin's logo color be gold, and not orange? - page 7. (Read 4574 times)

legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
the problem is..

gold (the natural resource asset/commodity, not the colour) doesnt have a logo or theme..
dollars or yen dont either.. yes they have a symbol.. but no one cares what color or font it is.. they still recognise what it is regardless..

things that have logos and are advertised as investments.. tend to look more like them binary options scam video's you see popping up.
you know them video's that tell you 'congratulations you just found the best kept secret of financial profits'.

bitcoin does not need to be advertised as an investment 'scheme'.
smart investors never invest on something that is advertised, because they know if it was truly good it would sell itself and not need advertising.

i think bitcoin itself doesnt need much advertising to investors. but services to make investors lives easier such as coinbase, kraken, or gemini should advertise their services.
and then within the services investors can get to know more about what bitcoin is.

to me bitcoin is an asset and not brand. and trying to advertise it as a brand wont pull in investors, just like visa doesnt talk about dollars, it talks about HOW the dollars can be used.

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1073
You are free to make a gold bitcoin symbol. It is not a registered symbol, so you can do anything you want.

If it is as good as you say, more people will use it as the time oasses
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
no, orange is great.
agree, good enough Smiley, no need to change anything and then again, its hard to define gold color, it gets too yellow (bad visibility) or too orange...
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I don't see the need to change something that works and is already widely known and that doesn't really change the way people interact with Bitcoin.. Unless someone has an amazing logo to submit, which I am yet to see Smiley
The physical logo is already great. My concern is the color. That's it. Orange is too laid back. We want something more serious and intense. It is great to be laid back, but I am starting to think we probably shouldn't make investing seem like "fun", which the color orange presents. We need something more serious. More strong, and resilient. More wealthy, and powerful. Gold is the right choice.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
I don't see the need to change something that works and is already widely known and that doesn't really change the way people interact with Bitcoin.. Unless someone has an amazing logo to submit, which I am yet to see Smiley
if you want to start a business, wallet, service, website or sell products with a gold bitcoin logo..

go ahead, no one is stopping you

there is no copyright issues in regards to it having to be orange.. so let your imagination run wild and design something good.
But I want us all to be on board with one decision. Everyone is just saying orange is fine because they aren't fashion designers. I understand that bitcointalk is aimed at people more tech savvy which I am not. I don't know what a torrent is. I don't know what my phone model is. I didn't even know what bitcoins were until somebody had to explain it to me.

But I do know fashion and psychology. This is what we need. The gold will properly propel us into better positions by enticing the correct people to invest in our currency. When I saw the logo, it looked like a logo for a video game or a website. Not a currency.

If you thing that bitcoin's logo design is the thing that's stopping it from going to higher prices, you're way off, altho i agree that it should be promoted much more, via it's related services and what not,
but that's not happening on a large scale because there is no central company or man to benefit from such an investment, so the best chance remains in services. More exactly; owners of services promoting
their business and hence promoting bitcoin as well.
We would have that company or man (or woman. Please don't be sexist. We have just as much to contribute to this game as much as men do) would probably benefit from investing in this currency if they knew about it, and were enticed into it with the right appearance. If I were a rich wealthy person that wanted to get even more rich, I would overlook a currency with a logo that looks like money designed in a video game. Using a serious color is just what we need. That and obvious larger scales of advertisement but we cannot spend millions of dollars to be placed on a platform for the 7 billion people watching us for them to just ignore our wonderful currency just because we wore orange, and not gold.

It is shallow, but looks do matter.
legendary

If you thing that bitcoin's logo design is the thing that's stopping it from going to higher prices, you're way off, altho i agree that it should be promoted much more, via it's related services and what not,
but that's not happening on a large scale because there is no central company or man to benefit from such an investment, so the best chance remains in services. More exactly; owners of services promoting

i agree, bitpay, coinbase, bitstamp, kraken should be the people pushing for advertising. as for the logo..
even visa tries to change its logo

so try making something new and then send it to the main bitcoin service companies and give them the freedom to use the logo in all there advertising... but make sure its good, better then previous versions otherwise it will just get ignored.

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
PM me to buy traffic for your site!
if you want to start a business, wallet, service, website or sell products with a gold bitcoin logo..

there is no copyright issues in regards to it having to be orange.. so let your imagination run wild and design something good.
But I want us all to be on board with one decision. Everyone is just saying orange is fine because they aren't fashion designers. I understand that bitcointalk is aimed at people more tech savvy which I am not. I don't know what a torrent is. I don't know what my phone model is. I didn't even know what bitcoins were until somebody had to explain it to me.

But I do know fashion and psychology. This is what we need. The gold will properly propel us into better positions by enticing the correct people to invest in our currency. When I saw the logo, it looked like a logo for a video game or a website. Not a currency.

legendary
nah that gold one seems too old.

try something new

then stop typing.. open a grphics package and make some designs.. post the designs, ask peoples opinions and if everyone likes it or you see a nice load of replies.. then you can sibmit it to the many bitcoin websites that use the orange logo and get them to replace the image for a gold one.
But a gold logo has already been created.

I'm saying we should use this one...

Instead of this one.

The second one honestly looks like a drawing for video game money. The first one is perfect color. I just want the circle taken out so we can focus on the actual symbol for the fact that it looks like a dollar sign, and I'd be on board to replicate it in handmade fashion merchandise.
legendary

then stop typing.. open a grphics package and make some designs.. post the designs, ask peoples opinions and if everyone likes it or you see a nice load of replies.. then you can sibmit it to the many bitcoin websites that use the orange logo and get them to replace the image for a gold one.

legendary

Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
Eh they are both good, I enjoy the orange and the Gold but prefer the gold color on the standard logo design.
When you talk about main bitcoin logo, you're talking about years of branding, and changing something like the color of the logo isn't something that i would advise.
Users are free to create or use any logo they want for bitcoin, but i think official one should remain the same.
Fine, but I know what I'm doing here. Bitcoin is six years old and the value of one coin keeps dropping and jumping. It is aggravating to watch. With a more luxurious and enticing logo and broad effective advertising platforms, this currency would have at least 1,000 dollars standing for one single coin. The actual value of the currency is important, but the look is what sells it.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
PM me to buy traffic for your site!
When you talk about main bitcoin logo, you're talking about years of branding, and changing something like the color of the logo isn't something that i would advise.
Users are free to create or use any logo they want for bitcoin, but i think official one should remain the same.
no, orange is great.
It is great, but don't you think gold is greater?

If you like it to be gold,make it gold.There's no accounting for taste.Everyone has his own choice and taste.You will get many orange and gold replies and it will confuse you more.You better go with your own preference
I will, I will.

There should be a taste for accounting. I am just doing what I think is right. We need something more enticing to motivate people to use our currency, and...this is probably the first step. Changing that color.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026
Hire me for Bounty Management
no, orange is great.
It is great, but don't you think gold is greater?

If you like it to be gold,make it gold.There's no accounting for taste.Everyone has his own choice and taste.You will get many orange and gold replies and it will confuse you more.You better go with your own preference
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
current logo is perfectly fine right now and in the future. don't fix things that aren't broken. it's a basic rule. the logo right now is well known and established.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
Pages:
Jump to: