Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I Be Scared Of Hackers If I Have Lot of BTC. - page 2. (Read 4151 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 1
yes of course it can make us keep our bitcoin. Because hackers are the most nefarious actions or bad people for those of us who have bitcoins. What's more if you have a lot of bitcoin that we must keep as safe or a stronger guard suapay not taken by hackers.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

What should I do If My wallet or BTC gets hacked?

If you have a huge amount of btc then do not store it in web wallets or in any online wallet. Store it in your ledger nano or in paper wallets. Storing it offline is much more safier than saving it on we wallets wherein you can be targeted by hackers. So anyway just be careful and if you are going to hold your btc in web wallet or in any wallets available make sure to diversify your bitcoins in different wallets so that if one wallet is gone you have many wallets more.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

What should I do If My wallet or BTC gets hacked?

I think if you have a lot of bitcoin but you are very afraid by hackers I think it's normal, to avoid hackers better you keep your assets are in blockchain.info directly because there provides a bitcoin wallet that is very high security.
Activity: 66
Merit: 0
Even with only the Crypto dust, you have to keep your assets secure. It is not just a loss of money but also a lot of risk involved. And when you have a large amount of Bitcoin in your wallet, the more you have to improve the security of your assets. But you do not need to be scared. The property is yours, think of using it appropriately, and preserve it in the best way.
Activity: 182
Be careful in everything, make sure your Bitcoin accounts are kept confidential and password protected. Use high security devices for smartphones. Or your computer, please set the password all related items. and save it safely. Do not join but do not trust.
Activity: 98
Of Course you need scared of Hacker espesially if you have big amount in you wallet. All you can do is don't do something which dangerous. And also you need some extra protection like buy hardware wallet and etc.
Activity: 308
Merit: 128
Here I come! Again!
If your wallet is hacked, then you will not do anything unfortunately. But you can protect your wallet. For better protection, you should be a bit paranoid: do not connect to unverified networks, maintain the correct password policy, etc.

The most important thing is to keep his bitcoin on a hardware wallet and divide it into different address inside the hardware wallet.
But yeah, do not ever connect to unknown network which is often to be a bait by hackerto penetrate your PC and steal your identity
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
Yes you should, so becareful of your transaction, don't get tricked by phising websites and don't forget to always on the 2FA.
Keep safe
Activity: 350
Merit: 14
I imagine that those who own a lot of BTC never leave on exchanges, or very little and very well scattered
Yes of course you should be, because hackers can get your btc by simple click. Just keep clicking many sites that not familiar to you. Just be careful and keep your password very well.
Activity: 28
You should be scared of hackers, even your trusted friend can be a hacker. (peace)  Grin
Use a strong password and etc that will secure your wallet account.
Activity: 12
it's better to secure your account with double protection like using 2FA features if available and saving your seed key on a piece of paper or something and avoid storing seed key on your computer/smartphone that's very risky. Hoặc là to transfer coins to offline wallet or create paper wallet. Because keeping in any of the exchange is not safe.
Activity: 107
As long as you don't fall for any phishing sites or download any unknown scam wallets or software you should be fine.
Activity: 113
If you are a technical person then I think no one will be able to hack your wallet. For the blockchain technology this is difficult. But I insist you should not be subjective and do not put eggs together in a basket.
Activity: 112
If your wallet is hacked, then you will not do anything unfortunately. But you can protect your wallet. For better protection, you should be a bit paranoid: do not connect to unverified networks, maintain the correct password policy, etc.
Activity: 126
I imagine that those who own a lot of BTC never leave on exchanges, or very little and very well scattered
Activity: 168
Merit: 11
Back from the Dead!
Probably yes. If you have any amount of bitcoin more than what you can afford to lose, and keep it on a desktop, well thats where you make the mistake (Online wallets are out of the question, I hope you know that they are too insecure, due to the fact that there may be many vulnerabilities in their servers and the customer cannot do anything much to prevent theft of money in those cases). Any large amount of BTC (the word large is relative, what might be large for me, may be less for you) must be kept in a cold storage. Even if keeping a small amount of bitcoins on your computer of daily use, just for the sake of ease of usability, its extremely essential to always keep security maximized, and the computer needs to be always kept malware-free.

Due to the security of the blockchain structure, most attacks are exploits found within the already existing architecture of the system, that allow it to remotely send data over networks, even in some cases, secured ones. So the most exploitable link in the chain is the end user. The best practice would be to split up your funds, definitely invest in a hardware wallet, secure and good ones like Trezor or the Ledger Nano S, use cold storage, and ALWAYS backup your private keys.
Activity: 128
You should'nt be scared if you know how to secure your bitcoin, just be careful in opening some site that you dont know because hackers are so smart they can easily get your accounts or private key, so if you think the site is not good dont open it for your safety and for the safety of all your accounts. If someone hack your bitcoin then you can nothing to do with it because they will urgently get your money when they open it.
Activity: 13
Stop using online wallet,strong password have anti virus and malware software install.
Activity: 98
You just have to keep your BTC private key, your BTC will be safe!

Hackers generally attack exchanges because there is a lot of money flowing!
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
If you don't keep your coins safe of course that you have to be scared of hackers.
Don't ever use exchanges as a wallet, don't keep all your bitcoins in just one wallet so use multiple ones and use different kinds of wallet. Harwallet is especialy recommended. Then you could say that you've done everything to protect your bitcoins but don't ever forget that absoulte safety doesn't exist.

Exactly. You don't have to be scared but you have to practice vertsin precautions especially if you have a lot of btc. Personally i'd advise you to invest in a hardware wallet. I agree that one of the worst things you can do is to store them in an exchange since they're prettt much not your property as long as its in there
Pages:
Jump to: