Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I Be Scared Of Hackers If I Have Lot of BTC. - page 6. (Read 4151 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 101
I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

What should I do If My wallet or BTC gets hacked?
There's really nothing to be scared about if you have done all of the precautionary/security measures in order to protect your BTC. Those who were hacked and are now complaining are those who were simply careless. They may have been fond of clicking on unknown/suspicious phishing sites which gave hacker access to their accounts/wallets. This should be a learning for all of us.

There is almost nothing you can do if your wallet got hacked and your BTC's got stolen. The transaction may be traced and identified. But I'm pretty sure the culprits won't bother giving back what they took from you. So all we can do to prevent being hacked is to be vigilant and do whatever we need to do to safekeep our investments.
Activity: 728
Merit: 103
If you have a lot of BTC then you should be more worried about the increasing number of physical assaults of criminals forcing their victims to transfer bitcoins into their wallet. They aren't just after cash anymore, they want your bitcoins!
Activity: 726
Merit: 251
If you have few or many bitcoins, then you should be afraid of hackers and secure your wallet. It's a hard-earned investment and you have to be the person who can enjoy the benefits and not the hackers who can have but all the certain circles or groups that can defend it. Cool
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

You probably should be afraid of them of you don't really take your security seriously. I think you should just transfer your funds to a paper wallet or cold storage if you're going for the long run of hodling. Try as much as possible, to not stay connected to the internet.
Activity: 230
Merit: 10
I think not because I also save my private keys in my financial ledger all kept in the same room where my 486 computer is kept with 2 door locks in which the keys are always with me. My other PC which is connected to the internet are installed with the latest anti hacking and malware software for safety precautions.
Activity: 308
Well I still have those old vintage version of PC which is a 386 and its still running as of this time, this version of PC which used floppy disk where I've saved my private key and Lotus 123 as my spreadsheet application and most especially it is offline never connected into internet even once so I think hackers won't be able to accessed it. I only connect to internet with my other PC with complete anti hacking ang anti virus program which I heavily invested to keep my system being hacked.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
No need to scared of hackers rather
it's better to secure your account with double protection like using 2FA features if available and save your seed key .You should logout after using your account,and use user id and password  such a way that which is not used in other site
Activity: 204
The hackers are very dangerous, although bitcoins are stored very carefully in the electronic wallet, but the hacker still find the ways to steal bitcoin. I think people have many bitcoin will be very worried about the hackers. I think they should be more careful in storing bitcoin in order that hackers can not steal their bitcoins.
Activity: 553
Merit: 250
Basically there is no security guarantee if we save bitcoin, but I suggest to divide bitcoin into some kind of wallet, so if there is damage or stolen by hacker then there is still another.
copper member
Activity: 298
Merit: 11
https://wesp.io
if you have lot of bitcoins store them in different places.always use hardware wallets to store your bitcoins because hackers can't hack  hardware wallets.i think that is the best way to store your bitcoins.if you are using online wallets don't give away your private keys.don't click on phishing links.don't share your email address in public.lot of scammers send phishing links to email account.use a best virus guard for your computer.it will remove malwares like Keyloggers from your computer.
Activity: 420
Yes, you should be scared since the eye of hackers are in your account. I think you should be careful enough in all informations that you will provide in order to protect your wallet from any threats  hacking.
Aside the company itis your duty to be careful in all actions that you will made.
Activity: 336
Yes you should since you are the target of those bad person. They will do all things to steal your money so you shoukd be careful enough in all actions that you will do.
Activity: 146
You shouldn't scared to hackers if you know how to keep safe your account or wallet no body can hacked your bitcoin. Just make sure that you use a cold wallet with security and never attempt to click any suspicious website will appear on your screen. Ofcourse dont let someone knows your private key.
Activity: 58
They way bitcoin operates is secure, the insecure thing is where you store them. The device is hackable but the algorithm of bitcoin not. So you can minimize the risks of being hacked, the best way is to store them in hardware wallet, or in a device always offline.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 186
Hey all got a question.  If you don't have a nano ledger s and store bitcoin in a desktop wallet like say electrum or armory, do you have to make precautions like if you are buying a wireless mouse or usb or external hard drive to make sure you buy from a legit site like amazon as oppose to say ebay or 3rd party from amazon?  Because the wireless mouse or usb/external hard drive could possibly be refurbished or used etc and connecting it to your computer could possibly give a virus?  Or its advertised as new and been used?  I read online that a mouse is too small to up a virus but if its a wireless mouse, that would be different because of signals? 

But a usb or external hard drive certainly could have a virus?  Curious about a wireless mouse.

I had not thought about this until now. 
mistletoe, what bitcoin wallet did you use or was it an exchange?
Activity: 145
Of course you will have to worry about your bitcoins especially if its a lot. I myself got hackd this week. I didn't add 2fa to my account because I am confident that it won't get hacked since I barely open it or anything. I think i opened it like 3 times since I created that account. I just use my main account and send my bitcoins there to save it. And then one day, bam! My balance is lost. If i had 2fa enabled that would've been prevented.

I learned it the hard way. Always be careful and dont be confident.
Activity: 109

Don't tell anyone your private key and don't click on suspicious links on your pc and you'll be fine.
what if you own other altcoins that doesn't work on the nano ledger s?  Wouldnt it make more sense to buy a new computer solely for storing btc and every other altcoin etc?
Activity: 187
If you don't have just "dust" of Bitcoins, I really recommend you to get yourself a hardware wallet, like Trezor or Nano Ledger S. It doesn't matter how much you pay attention, you could always make a mistake, and a virus or a trojan or whatever could steal your Bitcoins. With a hardware wallet you are protected against this risk. Otherwise do yourself a cold storage wallet. You will find information online on how to do that.
Pages:
Jump to: