Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I Be Scared Of Hackers If I Have Lot of BTC. - page 5. (Read 4151 times)

Activity: 217
Merit: 0
I feel like it's worth worrying about if you keep your bitcoins on hot wallets. If we are talking about a cold wallet, then without the physical pressing of the  button it is impossible to steal your bitcoins. Personally, I use the hardware wallet Ledger Blue.
Activity: 532
Merit: 12
If you comply with all security measures and do not treat this negligently, then you do not have to worry, under negligence I understand, keep passwords on your computer with Internet access, go to suspicious links, etc.
Activity: 99
I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

What should I do If My wallet or BTC gets hacked?
yeah of course. You must be afraid about the hackers here in bitcoin society and this will be the sign that nowadays we must be vigilant in every people we encounter. If you have a lot of money or bitcoin,  it is the apple of the eye of the hackers and scammers here because they want that too.
Activity: 196
The possibility of hackers steal your Bitcoin wallet could happen, you can not do anything if it has been interfered by hackers.
But before it happens, you have to make sure it will not happen.
You should save your private wallet well. Often do cleaning history and cookies.
If you save a lot of bitcoins, you should try using a hardware wallet to save most of it to make it more secure than storing BTC in the online wallet.
It will minimize the hacker's actions.
Activity: 456
Merit: 100
I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

it is inevitable that some hackers could get into your account but it all depends on you, you must be careful regarding phishing sites, careful what you clicked and always remember to get your wallet secure.

Yes because at the end of the day we're still responsible from whatever happened to our wallet because we all have the chances to protect our assets. They say prevention is still better than cure so before hackers can think new ways to hack then you should be think the other way around. I just can't imagine the feeling when we see all our coins are gone in just a minute, all our hard works can disappear quickly.
Activity: 91
It's recommended that you use cold wallet to store bitcoin. It would be safer. It's the safest way to go now.
In addition, it is recommended that you go to more than one wallet storage. This reduces the risk as much as possible.
please advise a reliable website where you can download cold wallet. I'm new to this, and I don't want to screw it up.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500

I think that having a lot of bitcoin does not mean you should be scared of having the bitcoin stolen from you by hackers and other people who might try to have your data stolen. To me it might be scary knowing that you would have that kind of money around. However, I do still believe that it also needs and means that you should be more careful and should kore look forward to having a much more safer data privacy and to ensure complete awarness on the internet
Activity: 416
Merit: 104

What are you saying? All hacking attacks were successful only because of the fact that people did not respect security rules in your network.
Activity: 546
I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Holding" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

I'm also very afraid of hackers trying to take Bitcoin out of our hands. But I believe, as long as I keep it very carefully and always in case I will not lose all the Bitcoin I have. Because Bitcoin that I have today I also hold up for the long term and I will sell when the price is very high.
Merit: 10
You shouldn't tell  about your private, keep it in secret.  Devide your coins to different wallets with different private keys. If you have a lot of BTC, use wallet hardware to protect the bitcoin you have.
You can lose your BTC for example at the stock exchange if it is hacked or if you are logging in through phishing sites or if you do not correctly store passwords and do not fully protect yourself.
No problems whatsoever if you are careful when working with exchanges and purses, store passwords on paper, work best through Linux.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 356
The probability to lost your bitcoins, stole your private key and account. Much better if you use hardwallet so they can't easily hacked your btc. So you need to be careful in what you do and say because if you do mistake of it even a little one they will lost everything you got now. Don't trust anyone when you talked about it because this is a huge thing that you need to care and protect.
Activity: 13
If you hold a lot of BTC then I would recommend getting two hardware wallets and downloading a software wallet to your phone/desktop.

Set up alerts to watch your addresses with blockchain.info here - http://blog.[Suspicious link removed]/2016/05/31/how-to-use-watch-only-addresses/

That way you'll get an email alert if your account is ever compromised and you can try and prevent the hack.

Never share your private key with anyone and use 2FA on everything possible!
Merit: 2
“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”
If you have a lot of BTC, you should be scared of hackers, because basically we play online and it's very vulnerable to hacking. Therefore, you should be wary of hack attacks. Prevention is better than fixing. So in anticipation use wallet hardware to protect the bitcoin you have. Really, whatever the price of wallet hardware is not a problem if it's for more secure.
Activity: 204
Merit: 10
Of course,hackers nowadays can hack everything,which is why we should be using hardwallets so that our bitcoins will be protected from these hackers.Also it is suggested to use metamask extension to protect your browser from getting into phishing sites or potential websites.As far as i can see they have emailed me some phishinh sites,but the metamask extension has saved my ass from getting hacked.
Activity: 231

it is inevitable that some hackers could get into your account but it all depends on you, you must be careful regarding phishing sites, careful what you clicked and always remember to get your wallet secure.
Activity: 47

Social engineering will make up 99% of attacks. Get a paper wallet, take a picture of it, encrypt that picture, and put the paper wallet in a safe deposit box.
Activity: 244
Well you should not really be scared of them instead you will just have to be cautious of the things that you may be doing online. There are lots of sites that may steal your information that can be used to hack your wallet or some phising sites that offers a great offer but then they will just steal your account. There are really lots of hackers these days even with some small amount of btc can also be a target. So I suggest that we just have to be safe for our accounts to prevent such hacking incidents.
Activity: 372
The Organic Growth Token
Ofcourse you should still be scared. Prevention is better than cure. Cryptocurrencies are virtual since things do work through the use of technology. Technology is complicated so I think despite of the strong security of cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, such instance is still possible to happen.it is still better to be scared but prepared than to be so confident.
Activity: 840
Merit: 508
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
You should be scared of hackers if you're an idiot, not if you have a lot of BTC. There's no way for anybody to hack your BTC address, just by knowing the address. They would need to compromise your computer, and this would only be possible if they know who is the owner of that address (ergo YOU). So if you're careful, and keep a low profile, and don't make yourself a target, you'll be fine.
Pages:
Jump to: