Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I Go To College ??? - page 13. (Read 28135 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 10
February 21, 2018, 07:43:53 PM
Of course we should go to in college will not all the families can afford to go their children in college, if you had a chance to go in college and get the degree that can give you job after you graduate and nobody can steal it from you.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
February 21, 2018, 04:33:04 PM
In college you will learn how to live and how to study. The most important thing is how to study and you will also make many new friends that probably helps.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
February 21, 2018, 02:28:30 PM
My advice is be that you should go to college. People with a diploma will be offered a job more frequently. Besides that, being more educated gives satisfaction (if not now, then later in your life)
Activity: 238
Merit: 2
February 21, 2018, 02:18:19 PM
I think that college is important for may reasons. However in some countries it is too expensive to go to college. Also it is a great opportunity to travel and get new acquaintances
copper member
Activity: 89
CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM
February 21, 2018, 01:43:59 PM
Yes, you should go to college. If you go to college, you will learn many things. For that, you will conscious many things.
Activity: 111
February 21, 2018, 12:25:15 PM
It is necessary to study in college. This is an opportunity to become more knowledgeable in the required field and in addition it's fun.
Activity: 122
February 21, 2018, 12:14:46 PM
College is a good thing. Never miss out on the opportunity to get educated. The only problem is believing college education automatically guarantees you a job. That's not how it works. College education equips you for whatever you think you want to do. If you however think you are OK with your level of education and going further is a waste of time. Well, do your thing. Just make sure you are really good at it. After all there are a lot of people who dropped out of college and have been very successful in their endeavors. It'd all about the mindset.
Activity: 63
February 15, 2018, 10:01:59 AM
Universities have an important role in building the Human Resources (HR) competent. Therefore, the Minister of Labour RI (Menaker) M. Hanif Dhakiri recommends that the college has a network of cooperation with industry that are relevant to the study program/faculty.
Activity: 24
February 15, 2018, 09:47:31 AM
Yes you should, because if you finish college there are many opportunities that you may have if you apply a work and many career if you finish college...
Activity: 350
Merit: 102
February 15, 2018, 08:48:26 AM
College would be a preparatory to have a good education, good job and eventually good life.
Is education must have nowadays?
Yes, for education would bring us to where we want to go. It would lead us to happy and good life.
Activity: 210
February 15, 2018, 06:42:39 AM
Yes,i should go to college because more oppurtunities  waiting there.Attending a good college gives me the chance  to make friends and connection,opening doors for my future career.
Activity: 140
Merit: 30
February 15, 2018, 06:30:00 AM
absolutely yes because there are many lessons you can learn only in college some example is the "professional ethics" to build yourself into a professional when you graduate. Some cases are you can learn depends on course you take to have a job and most companies require a college level.
Activity: 229
February 15, 2018, 12:53:13 AM
Yes you should go to college that will be very good for your future
Activity: 134
February 15, 2018, 12:06:02 AM
learning is in need of everybody but not necessarily in college of science should be able to in college.bahkan in everyday life there is a science that must be studied.
Activity: 350
February 14, 2018, 05:41:44 AM
Watching what your goals are, but in general I think it's worth trying and going through this period in your life)
Activity: 112
February 14, 2018, 05:26:35 AM
Anyone that has the possibility to go to college , should DEFINITELY go to college and not think of certain specific stories like the ones of Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. For me they are just a few exception to the rule. College gives you a chance to fight equally to get a good job in life and have a better life compared to people who haven't got to college. Education is always good.
Activity: 10
February 14, 2018, 02:04:13 AM
Definitely give college a shot.

If you have no idea what you want to do, and what you're passionate about, that's okay! College is the best time in your life to explore all kinds of different things – not just academically speaking but also in terms of activities, sports, relationships, and so much more. It's entirely in your power to shape your experience in a way that is often lost once moving into the professional world.

You'll find that plenty of people around you *think* they know exactly where they're headed and what they want...but don't let that discourage you or detract you from applying to college. Most of these very same people will feel completely lost at some point in their careers as well (90% will exit college with entirely different plans than those they came in with). Remember, after college, you have the rest of your lifetime to explore the professional world, but college is a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and it's pretty short, so take your time before joining the 'adult world'.
Activity: 163
February 14, 2018, 01:51:35 AM
Of course to good to college. If you want you can work in the same time
Activity: 90
February 13, 2018, 11:07:22 PM
Don't just go to college willy nilly. Go to a career counselor first. Make sure what you want  to do fits in line with a college education and that a college education will actually pay off. Don't get a degree in humanities it will be expensive and not get you a job any better than a high school drop out. Choose your degree carefully. Best idea is to go into a STEM field.
Activity: 73
February 13, 2018, 08:05:38 PM
Hi everyone,

What advice would you give a HS senior in US about to decide on and/or enter college ?

Why wouldn't you go to college?

I think if you have some brilliant reason as to why you shouldn't, it's worth considering. Perhaps you're a genius and want to teach yourself a bunch of stuff on your own time that you wouldn't learn in school. Or you want to take a year to travel and experience new things like the founder of Nike, Phil Knight, did when he went to Japan. That trip ended up transforming his life. That's one example, but I think a lot of people see huge benefits from traveling.

Otherwise, I would plan on going to uni. or at least taking college courses. There is a lot to gain from college if that is what you so choose.

1) The people you meet
2) What you learn in class
3) Getting out under your parents wing
4) Somewhat of a safety net

Keep in mind that you can make either decision work for you if that's what you so choose. Educate yourself on things you find important regardless on whether it's taught in school and learn by making mistakes, taking risks and action above all else. Good luck!  Cool
Pages:
Jump to: