Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I sell my airdropped tokens quickly or hold on to them? - page 11. (Read 2948 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 103
Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?

Will if i choice to hold or sell token from airdrop.It will depend on the ICO.If the ico is not yet finish there main sale or presale i will not sell it i will hold it.And also if theres airdrop coming i will also hold it.But if the ico or the token seller dont have update or any a month and there token going to dump.. i will quickly sell it..
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
I do not sell the coins that I get on the airdrop. Their number is very small. However, if any one of them achieves success and grows well in price. Then I can recieve maybe 100 bucks. But I get them for free, so they just holded.

then HOLD is the last key, but sometimes we need to see the goal of its airdrop. some people often to underestimate the price of token from airdrop.
like what happen to me with my HAT, i already sell it at low price, and now just see the records in ethplorer can make me cry   Cry
Activity: 378
Merit: 103
I do not think to hold it longer if I have a personalized airdrop token I prefer to sell it and the benefits I get will be better if I use to buy some coin that has a pretty low value. certainly by doing that we will have the opportunity to gain an even greater advantage. and that's all of my personal advice from the rest of you can certainly find more information about what you should do with your airdrop token
It's true, if the value is worth to sell, because not a few of every token we get, its value is shrinking. Even worthless can also turn it around. So not a bad choice if we hold, because the value of new coins in crypto is difficult in prediction.
Activity: 126
Merit: 21
i should say hold on to them until it reaches a decent value. The reason for this are those tokens will try their best to gain market trust as well as be successful token, so somewhere this token might get some decent value if you hold on to them for a while, and decide when to sell it once you think you got a decent value of this tokens. but on the other hand if you are skeptical of the tokens you are holding the. you can sell it right away and get away with a small profit. you must also try to do some research on this tokens and reach their whitepapers and roadmaps in that way you can tell if a token has a potential to perform well in the market.
Activity: 420
Merit: 106
Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?

hold it for a while then set a specific value for each tokens and sell it after they reached your target value for that token holding for a token is not profitable like if you are holding a  shittoken. token is good for short term hold or investment, you can see on etherdelta what token has a potential to hold or to trade.  
Activity: 560
Merit: 105
Its your own choice if you want to sell it quickly but i think airdrop tokens at first has no price , and the community of the airdrop tokens are searching for investors to make those tokens legit. Most airdrops tokens are no value even if there is an active community in it , because there is no developer of the token. Few tokens receives in airdrops has the potential to have a high price once they hit big exchanges.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
Transforming the Global Shipping Industry
It depends on project. If it is just a waste coin, probably you can sell it right away. If it is good project, but just started evolving, better keep it for 1 year or more.
Activity: 61
Merit: 0
if recieve a airdrop i will sell it if the token i recieve in in a good or high quality token.
legendary
Activity: 895
Merit: 1001
It is upto you. But i would suggest sell your airdropped tokens at the first decent price range it reaches. So many people get these free tokens and are always ready to dump it which usually kills such tokens beyond recovery. So, it is always better to sell your tokens in the starting when there is some buzz. I hardly have seen any airdropped token with potential. So, there is no fun in hodling such tokens in long term perspective.
Merit: 101
i think this year will be a lot interesting in this field, just be positive on the choosing of the project u would to support, there are always scams out of here
think for first at security development of the ICO that would be sustainable for a future and not only for a pump and dump.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
right here is an example - a personal one - Rebellious airdrop gave out about 3-4k in tokens. The token was listed on Bit Z exchange and skyrocketed. I could have sold my 3k stack for 1.25 ETH but I held because I didn't know what the price would do - I eventually cashed out for 0.35 ETH after a massive price crash and dump.

I do not know what the price might be in the future but right now I know that I missed out on 1.25 ETH which is shit lol.
Activity: 448
Most of airdropped coins is a shit coins, the price of which dumped to 0. So, no need to hold it.
The best airdrop is xnn token. I hold now and worth more than 100 USD. I don' t do anything to get the token. I had balance in my eth wallet and earn the token. That is airdrop. I shouldn't registger any social media. When I do social media activity it s not airdrop but bounty.
Activity: 224
Once you have received your airdrop tokens and it is still not registered on exhange platforms yet, try to research about them and see if it has something that can make it click on the future. Some coins are like that but most of them are shitcoins anyway so dump them immediately, you literally did almost nothing to get them though.
Activity: 340
I didn't sell any of the airdropped coins yet, due to laziness more that anything else. Shitcoins soon drop, but with other ones I have later experienced some nice surprise. You have to evaluate it there is a project behing the airdrop or if the only project is some quick bucks for the devs.
Activity: 97
Depends on what the airdrop is.  If it is a e-coin then would say yes,  but if you received rebellous or deeponion airdrop I would advise to hold them.  Not all air drops are bad as not all airdrops are good. 
well you like risks? some of airdrops are worth over 2k today
which kind of airdrops?
Activity: 70
well you like risks? some of airdrops are worth over 2k today
Activity: 154
Merit: 15
Hello,

I ain't personally joining any airdrop bounty nowadays because most of them are presented as the interesting projects and in the end, they are revealed as a scam.

If I was on your place I would sell the airdrop token in a second when I got it because my time is valuable and watching constantly the market with the hope for the token growth would make me very tired. 95% of the airdrops are usually providing the tokens that are being dumped in the end.

Instead of wasting the time with the airdrops better join some good ICO project or signature campaign and with a just a little effort more maybe you could get a good profit and not just the wreckage that the airdrops are offering.
Activity: 434
I think it all depends on the project. If you read the white paper, the road map and you did not like this project-sell quickly!if you like some project-then hold your tokens.
Activity: 275
In good projects, when a part is distributed on airdrop, they end immediately. I do not know where people get caught instantly about good airdrops. When I still manage to get a coin from a promising project, then I do not sell it as if the price rise. Useless tokens, of course it makes sense to sell as quickly as possible. But not always the solution is obvious.
Pages:
Jump to: