Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I sell my airdropped tokens quickly or hold on to them? - page 18. (Read 2948 times)

Activity: 259
Merit: 100
- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"
It depends on how much you believe in the project , i don't treat them different then the coins i bought .
I would not sell it immediately after you got i dropped because most people dump then.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Well I think if you dont need money like $30 you shouldn't sell them. You didn't have that money before it is a free money. You can wait for 3 months. So you can see what will happen next. What is the future of that coin. We saw ethereum blue. Team worked very hard and people who hodl their tokens made very good money. If you dont need $30 immediately if you are a trader it means you dont. You should hold.
Activity: 224
I believe that if a campaign or a coin is focusing solely to airdrop to gain popularity or recognition, it probably is a shitcoin. If you are lucky enough and got a coin that will probably make it through the market and make its name as not a shitcoin, then you can safely hodl it. You can predict this by researching about the coins that are giving out to airdrops, but rarely these campaigns never give information about them or gives insufficient information about their campaign or the company that runs those campaigns. But still, you made money without investing or doing much, which is a gain or profit I guess. Whatever happens, you never actually lose anything with airdrops, you just get lucky if you get that much or a sufficient amount to actually say you that gain something.
Activity: 224
thats a very good question, maybe they will drop to zero like they airdropped to your wallet or maybe they will rise... nobody knows it, it depends on what kind of token and if you liked the idea so good night and day and be care...
Activity: 290
yes sell them quickly as possible because a lot of them are being dump you are very lucky if you can find one that has been double it price but you have only very small chance of getting that good coin but sell all those airdrop coins as soon as possible
Activity: 336
I think if your token is have a potential to make big and have a big investor i guess you to hold and if its smells like fishie if the token pump sell emedietly
Activity: 314
I think you should sell it as you earn it, that's what I'm doing even I'm new to it and I see it is the as before like the other ICO I joined and I'm looking forward to it.
Activity: 490
Merit: 110
Yeah, you are right. Maybe your kids will make money off of them Smiley
Activity: 156
Start my crypto for better world
for sure most of it are shit, but today airdrop happen in many coins for marketing or bla bla bla, dun care about it, just keep for your child! as long as it has potential~

Cheers
Activity: 702
Merit: 251
Bitcore/BTX has a brilliant airdrop, running right at this moment.
Youz People’s should check it out Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1883902.7660

Bitcore should be in the top10 instead of bcash and btg. But it's not a normal "airdrop" you need to get your bitcore from the hybrid fork if you were holding btc at the snapshot, or you need to buy/mine some bitcore to get some returns on it.
Activity: 401
Merit: 250
Presale is live!
Most of airdrop tokens may seem scam or they may end up becoming scam. But I do believe you shouldn't just dump coins you got free right away. There may be good news with coin development and it may become like nem..
Activity: 221
Just hold your coin, for what is sold when the price drops or there is no market. Moreover coin is free right, something free is a rare thing. Then hold until you are sure to get a profit.
Activity: 448
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Make sure only to hold the good ones for a long term.

If a coin smells like scam better dump too early instaed of waiting until the devs disappear.

It's only a matter of time, one must be fast to be able to loot the shitcoin's value, if you are too slow you'll end up getting only a cent or the worst, nothing.
That's why I stopped trying to join in any bounty campaigns, it's a shame to promote a crap. But just like what you've said there are still good projects that might provides a decent profit.
Activity: 1344
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
not to mention most of these airdrops are useless projects that will drop hard in the future anyways, which makes holding them a big mistake.

if you believe in a project's future then you can buy after the dump inside the dip. in other words you receive your token, dump them fast then wait for the dumping to slow down or stop and then buy back what you sold and wait for the rise.

Your advice is one of the best, I have done it many times and earned a portion of ethereum and sold it for Bitcoin and held it for a while. Most airdropped coins are shitcoins and the dev team is always gone when ever their project is a failure. If you have an intuitions on the coins that you have received have no potential on making it to the top, you should just sell it right away.
Activity: 319
You need to have a really good knowledge to understand what free(aidriopped) coin is good and what coin is useless crap. I think 95% of airdropped coins are bad and deserve quick dump, but remaining 5% can make you rich!
Activity: 53
if you are not in a hurry hold for few months and after sell only if you see a big gap,
 otherwise wait a little bit more
Activity: 574
Sell or trade them quickly so that you don't have worries.
Activity: 490
Most of airdrop are scam because owner of airdrop control more than half of total supply.At begging the price is high but owner start to sell all coins and the price will be very low.
I dont agree. This maybe true for a lot of coins but once the market reaches an equilibrium and if the team keeps working, it gets more expensive in time. Some examples are ACC, POS token, eBTC, Blue, redBTC eCASH and some others.
Activity: 206
Merit: 101
Most of airdrop are scam because owner of airdrop control more than half of total supply.At begging the price is high but owner start to sell all coins and the price will be very low.
Activity: 392
Merit: 114
most coin of airdrop is shit coin. but there are also coin which have good price, ex: everus (letcoin) etc ....
I think the option to hold or sell early can be seen from the prospect of the coin, can be seen from the roadmap, community, capital, coin goals etc.
Pages:
Jump to: