Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I sell my airdropped tokens quickly or hold on to them? - page 21. (Read 2948 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 10
BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE
Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?

Alot of  fake  and scammed  airdrop, some valuable coins today where first distributed as airdrop,so you might have to research to decide which have a reasonable whitepaper, tht you can sell some and hold part of it for future benefit
Activity: 560
Merit: 112
Some of these coins are long term, but others are here for the quick buck aka. sell them as fast as you can Cheesy
Make sure you totally understand the concept behind the coin, if it's something that you don't see it progressing in the future better sell it, but if it's a promising concept with a solid dev team, why not hold ?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
If you think it actually has a future, just put it in your wallet and forget about it, you might be surprised one day. There are people who earned thousands on quality airdrops (not really the case nowadays).

If you don't think it's a good project, and you can sell them for $10+ right now, I would do so.
Activity: 588
Merit: 18
No need to keep Coin, as long the prize is still going moving up. and is better you sell off than to hold it,
Because is very risky.
Activity: 170
Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?

You better sell them right away. If they're airdrop based projects, they're only hypes. Nothing else. While you hold, their value may reach to zero which means it turns into trash.
Activity: 448
Most of airdropped coins is a shit coins, the price of which dumped to 0. So, no need to hold it.
Airdrop worth nothing. who get airdrop valued to 1 eth. I got xnn token worth 7 usd. It is the biggest value of airdrop that I get. I got it because I hold my balance of eth. Not doing and registering anything. I 'd better write on blog or bitcointalk instead of hunting airdrop. waste my time and energy for nothing.
Activity: 756
Merit: 133
- hello doctor who box
80% of the airdrop coins are just nothing to be honest. But, some are worth holding on I would prefer to sell first your airdroped tokens then buy if the price is low that would be the best decision for me. Still Check their board if what is the speculation for the coin and check the market first before buying some more of the token.
Activity: 436
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
no reason to hold airdrop tokens because that just shitcoins just sell quickly when it's available in exchanger.

I think that you should just store the coins for a while because the coins can be worth thousands later on.
Activity: 128
hold but not forever
Activity: 280
Merit: 122
Hello,
If you think, feel and believe that the token you have will have a bright future then hold it for about one to two or even five years to have a better profit if ever it will grow. It might give you the chance to become a millionaire in the near future if you can handle for long term investment. I know that it is always the matter of choice and luck in terms of investments that is why decission making is very important. Some people who invested their money in an ICO are selling their tokens right away for safety because they will never know if the said tokens they have will bleed to death or will skyrocket. Holding is also a better way if you got tokens from bounties or airdrops it's worth it if you wait for it to multiply or will land to the moon.
For most people, i will suggest them to hold free coins for a long term to gain a huge profit, but if you are good at dump and pump, maybe you can sell them high and buy back low
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 4265
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
I don't advice you dump them and also i don't advice you sell them. Just follow your instinct
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Hello,
If you think, feel and believe that the token you have will have a bright future then hold it for about one to two or even five years to have a better profit if ever it will grow. It might give you the chance to become a millionaire in the near future if you can handle for long term investment. I know that it is always the matter of choice and luck in terms of investments that is why decission making is very important. Some people who invested their money in an ICO are selling their tokens right away for safety because they will never know if the said tokens they have will bleed to death or will skyrocket. Holding is also a better way if you got tokens from bounties or airdrops it's worth it if you wait for it to multiply or will land to the moon.
Activity: 397
At present most of my airdropped coins are not having any value so it doesn't matter if i sell them or hold them.But if I have to choose one then i will choose to hold them until they have a value because i don't think that we will have any problem in holding them .It is better to get something out of these altcoins rather than getting nothing because that money will be like a surprise money or we can say it will be like a lottery.
Activity: 108
If one has good volume it would be a good idea to ride it out. There are some airdrops from 1-2 years ago worth 6 and even 7 figures now.
Activity: 719
Merit: 250
Not all airdrop are not worth to hold, for me I always check the update of the team. And in their social media if  dev has an update. Some airdrop has value and I often check if listed in coinmarketcap. Sell if you need money and it has already have a value.
legendary
Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012
Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel
Why sell? It's free so no risk at all. Unless of course, you badly need the money right now.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 507
They aren't long term holds, best to wait until they pump and sell when you are euphoric.
They are all airdrop tokens just short hype token. To sell all of our coin as fast as possible will be much better rather than keep it for the longterm. The fact that many people are throwing their free token and try to move towards the promising token for the long term holders.
Activity: 448
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Most of airdropped coins is a shit coins, the price of which dumped to 0. So, no need to hold it.

You're right, most of those coins within a few days or weeks after placed in an exchange are usually dumped and if you hold it for a longer time all of the things that have been done to join and to received the coins plus the time you spent will come into waste.
Activity: 70
They aren't long term holds, best to wait until they pump and sell when you are euphoric.
Activity: 490
Merit: 110
Well, is it not possible that at least one out of a 20 will gain 20 fold in value? Then you can hodl and make more money?
Pages:
Jump to: