Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I sell my airdropped tokens quickly or hold on to them? - page 3. (Read 2948 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
As many of the people pointed out before me, selling them as soon as you get them may not be the best strategy. For ERC20 tokens for example you have to pay the gas to send the tokens from your wallet to an exchange and then pay the fee again to receive the ETH or BTC or what you sold them for. If the price you receive from the tokens is larger than the cost of doing so, then it would make sense to do just that.

But since you payed nothing to receive the airdropped tokens, I think it would be best to hold them, because holding bears no cost for you, except the opportunity cost. Even if 90% of them are shitcoins and the team behind them will do nothing, there are still 10% that could see their utility value increase once the team finishes the project and would make more sense to keep them to use them yourself or sell when there is actual demand for the tokens.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
The coins received from airdrops often have a low cost, so you will receive little from their sale. I think it's worth keeping them.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?

This depends on whether or not you think the project has a long-term future. If it does, then hold on to the tokens, if it doesn't then sell as soon as you can or on the first price pump.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Well it depends if you believe in the project or not. I personnally always hold for at least 6 months in order to assess the coin's potential and evolution of team and community. Then I decide whether or not it's worth to hold or better to try and sell at the next peak.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?
I think it is the same with your bounty. Airdrop token's value will rise as time goes by. Just monitor the value and then if you think you can make profit out of it, then trade them.
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
Hello,

Hold them, you wouldn't gain much from airdrop coins by selling them early. Honestly my friends rarely sell their airdrop coins since most of them have almost no market value at all though I think it is just reasonable because it is just a small token for participating and its not much of an effort to do so. Atleast you can hold them until they gain value and who knows maybe someday they grow to a considerable value in the market.
Activity: 742
Merit: 101
Hello,

In my experience, I had recieved an airdrop years ago that valued $.25 each. I ignored it and thought of it as useless. As I checked my wallet last month, I was surprised that each coin valued almost $25 dollars now. So I realized that holding is better than selling it once I recieved it. Good things really happens for those who knows how to wait patiently.
Activity: 1079
Merit: 352
Almost all token that gets airdrop will get hammer, because of the term free money. The thing is if you believe in the project and that project really gives some value in this world, that token can be held on, like decred for example.
Activity: 588
some airdrops are really good so if you receive good airdrop so hold it otherwise sell your coins . but most of airdrops are give us shitcoins so find good airdrops is really difficult task
Activity: 238
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
In my opinion, the first time to sell these airdrop tokens is the best choice.
Because most of the drops look more like a scam, I don't see any real innovation in them, so I suggest you sell them, then convert them into bitcoins or invest in ICO.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
In my opinion, it is better to hold them than selling them quickly, two reasons, one is the airdrop is a free distribution, most people may sell them and the price is low for sure, two is you do not need to worry about the price since there is no loss of your money.
Activity: 154
If you know that your token from airdop has enough price,  you should sell it immediately.
Its an advantage having airdrop so it is not really a waste if the price gets back up again with a very high price.
It is great to have more profit and ypu should be thankful for its price on that particular day.
Just be aware with your decision and goodluck
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
If you believe in the project and have confidence in the team to deliver what they promise, then hold on till the project execute all what it promise in the whitepaper before you sell them. But if you think it wont be a fruitful venture , then you can also dump them with the masses.
Activity: 490
Merit: 110
It used to be like the airdropped coins were worth more after a month or so, but now some tokens are worth some money as soon as they are out of the door. For example, the 6 Hydro Protocol Tokens I got is worth like half a dollar now and I am sure it will increase its value. Another example is realchain token and it is worth about a dollar.
These are not worth anything for now, but at least they have a dollar value in ethplorer, as soon as they are out, which is a strong indication that they will be worth more.
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
fLibero.financial
If you lose by holding your airdrop coin, you have not lose anything but your time. Airdrop you see today may be very successful tommorow so what is the point of selling. Decred was airdropped and the decred is worth more than $50 today!
Activity: 322
Some of the airdrop coins are useless and no need to keep hold. But there are coins which is having good projects and it is worth to keep. It is advise to do your own research using their website, whitepaper and social media channels. Further you can get some idea joining their telegram group as well.
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
If  you believe your tokens have a good plan, then its worth it to hold.
Otherwise, you can dump it quickly before that token turn into scam.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
The risks  is you never  know the future of airdrop coins.  If  you find an instances and you find a good  price sell it quickly,  or if you are still hoping and trusting  and  you  can wait patiently until the price gets high hold it for a good profit.
Activity: 490
On the start of the January most of my coins grew up alot then un 2017, but i didnt sell them, but for now they collapsed down sadly like 40%, so i dont know now exactly what is the good recipe to work with it :/
It is because they are tied to bitcoin like almost all altcoins. As bitcoin recovers, they should be back up as well. You can observe that they have started to recover even now.
Activity: 259
On the start of the January most of my coins grew up alot then un 2017, but i didnt sell them, but for now they collapsed down sadly like 40%, so i dont know now exactly what is the good recipe to work with it :/
Pages:
Jump to: