Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I sell my airdropped tokens quickly or hold on to them? - page 5. (Read 2948 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 11
Sell them set by set. Let's assume you receive 1000 tokens from a airdrop. Sell 250 coins at market price. Add pending sell orders to 2x, 3x. Hold remaining 250 coins for long term.
Activity: 737
Merit: 104
My suggestion is to sell 80% of your airdrop coin when the price goes up. If you have enough time, you can follow their telegram group for latest development news. This will help you to choose either you should sell all of your coins or wait for a big pump.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
I don't think you should sell all the airdrops token you must keep some of the airdrops tokens in your wallet now the value of the token may be less but who knows what will happen in future
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
I think those coins are sure to fall so you should sell them. Why a coin that you get for free, should cost like other coins which people pay money for? It should not so they fall

true some airdrop that are taking some value for there is a possibility that it may no more value cause this is the most common thing that are may ever happen so better to take that opportunity while it has a value.
Activity: 154
I think those coins are sure to fall so you should sell them. Why a coin that you get for free, should cost like other coins which people pay money for? It should not so they fall
Activity: 387
Merit: 12
I was doing the same mistake like you and now i am suffering from it. So, if you get tokens then just sell them. And maximum people will sell their Airdrop coins for sure ,so price will dump! If you think that Airdrop project has good reputation and devs are active and have good roadmap then you may buy again in cheap rate! Good Luck  Grin
Activity: 104
Merit: 0
I'm not trying to capitalize on airdrop because I consider a waste of time. and I honestly can't even give you advice in this matter.
Activity: 336
Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?

I think that airdropped tokens you should sell as soon as possible when of course they will have anything in price. That’s my simple strategy. I don’t know about some  airdropped tokens that had being lived long time.
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.
If you're losing the value like a lot, I think you should just  hold it for a bit longer. I agree that we should just sell the tokens once we made a good profit.
Most of the people here said that only shitcoins create an airdrop, I think I have to disagree on this statement. There are lots of good altcoins who created an airdrop as well like HaT, and many more.
This is cryptocurrency, so everything is possible!!
Activity: 392
Merit: 103
Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?

Will in my own opinion airdrop is one of the best earning profit If a airdrop is having a Crowdsale or coin sale dont sell it because its have chances to het higher than this price wait tell the coin sale end.Thats my strategy in airdrop.Just be update on them and you will get huge profit on them
Activity: 364
Merit: 19
www.codex.one
There is no universal rule about what to do with airdrops . Biggest part of airdropped tokens just a scam and they get dumped very fast , so it is profitable to sell them quickly , but they worth only a few dollars , so your transaction fee will be greater then token worth )) 
Activity: 602
Merit: 104
I decided to hold. if I sell them - it will not change my life for the better. I will hold 1year, and then decide what to do with them
Activity: 168
What are you still waiting for? Airdrop tokens were not meant for safekeeping, at least 75% of them i suppose. Because of the fact that it was free, some don't have value at all literally. Again, not all of them but most of them. Here's a simple friendly reminder, the very minute you've received a token, check it's price in the exchange. If what is reveal to you is something that will put a big smile in your face, it's either you sell it that instant or wait a couple of days more for some developments. But if it's the other way around, (not smile but a big frown) sell it. Sell it immediately before it totally lose it's value.
most of the coins from the airdrop have no value. BUT. for a start, it is better to check the forecast because if suddenly happen that you have sold the coin, and she suddenly increase in price, then you will be very sorry.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
Normally I sell them in a couple of weeks or months,but still keeping a few hundreds Tron,received by airdrop,bcos I believe in its future.
Activity: 373
Merit: 11
CryptoRex
That would depend on the type of token you receive and how badly you need the cash. If you need the cash, of course it would be best to sell (or if it is a weak project)> However, if your holding something with upside potential in the future, I would definitely holding for a while. At least hold them for two to three months.
Activity: 11
Most of the time you want to sell it immediately because those are some coins which may not have a good prospect, but always DYOR
Activity: 76
Merit: 1
most of times these aridrops are shit coins so sell them as soon as possible but u should see the project and if it actually have any real value for example i hold hwala token(hat) and didn't sell and gained quite chunk of profit but this happens rarely most of time i just dump these shitcoins
Merit: 19
If tou want to have a better profits from the dropped coins you should hold it for a while if that coin is really promising.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
homt.net
Hello,

Selling decision depends on you after all Airdrops were all free gifts giving to you freely. If you want to hold them for the future they might likely turn you big profits or they might eventually become shit coins or tokens by losing value. The main intention of the developer is to achieve greater value by holding but they fail to understand that true value depends on the forces of demand and supply in the market.
Pages:
Jump to: