Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I stop trading in this bear market? - page 17. (Read 4466 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 10
take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
September 26, 2018, 06:53:22 AM
No matter bearish market might seems to be believe me some people are still making good profit from it, I am still trading and I am making profit, but these bear market, I have only focused on trading on btc/usdt, it's more stable for me than any other coin that's why i am only focusing on it for now, when market changes, I will move to other altcoins
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
September 26, 2018, 06:36:45 AM
For me NO, because it's realy nice to trade in bear market. Just use some indicator and momentum indicator for using chart, always buy the dip. Just learn how to read chart and patterns, you will really earn profits while bear market.
Activity: 459
September 26, 2018, 05:56:15 AM
Trading is like an addiction, but this bear market seems will be very long. Bitcoin is going to under 6k USD, ETH is now 262 USD, Almost 80% coin fell down. I can't make profits at this moment in trading, Because after getting a little bit of profit, the market again goes under, then another coin eats my profit too. What should I do now?
I think you should stop trading now because I feel you are disoriented. Let's calm down and look back at the market from the beginning. From there you will come up with the best strategy to make a profit. That's a pretty effective solution.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
September 26, 2018, 05:43:00 AM
Vice versa, in my opinion it is easier to trade in such bear market. Am I wrong? How you gonna trade in a bull market? In a bull market you need to hold. But in general, if you do not know how to trade better don't do it. It's very risky.
There a lots of people who is bearing the market and but they're not stop trading. In bear market we need to hold and wait for bull market.
Activity: 66
September 26, 2018, 04:07:21 AM
Vice versa, in my opinion it is easier to trade in such bear market. Am I wrong? How you gonna trade in a bull market? In a bull market you need to hold. But in general, if you do not know how to trade better don't do it. It's very risky.
Better to be patient and release your breath. You should not worry about your trade process. I know the market is showing negative impact but it doesn't mean you should stop your trade.
Activity: 910
Merit: 512
September 25, 2018, 01:37:07 AM
Trading is like an addiction, but this bear market seems will be very long. Bitcoin is going to under 6k USD, ETH is now 262 USD, Almost 80% coin fell down. I can't make profits at this moment in trading, Because after getting a little bit of profit, the market again goes under, then another coin eats my profit too. What should I do now?
I think bear market is the best time to trade altcoins because most of them are on low prices. Most of the coins on the cryptomarket is 50% down or more so why not take advantage of it buying and holding for a certain time ? Bear market is an opportunity for all trader and holder since prices are quite affordable to buy more than usual. Bullish market will follow in a while Smiley
I think that one should buy as much as he/she has the ability to buy or use your whole savings in the Bitcoin right now because there is no other high potent source other than the Bitcoin so this will enrich us with the profit it will give us in high market. On the other hand if those who have already traded and now have some coins should not sell right now but further collection of coins is the right decision.

Activity: 252
Merit: 1
September 24, 2018, 02:19:43 AM
at the moment, I do not see the point of trading, only if a small amount of bitcoin to practice skills, but not to earn
Activity: 462
September 23, 2018, 05:16:59 AM
Not possible to make profit when the price down trend , so we should be quit as soon as possible from the market when we have prediction the market will turn in to bearish. And to make some profit we can trade in other trading platform that give profit from short the price , for example crypto trading CFDs and crypto trading futures.
copper member
Activity: 434
Merit: 4
September 23, 2018, 12:48:07 AM
Activity: 52
September 22, 2018, 10:40:37 PM
I think it's not a bad idea to trade at these times
Smiley
Activity: 233
September 22, 2018, 07:33:09 PM
if you still have trading capital then I suggest you can do short-term trading or often referred to as "scalping" don't be too far looking for profits.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 518
September 22, 2018, 07:25:20 PM
I think the Bear market is good for buying coins and trading with them. An expert trader always prefers winter for the trade. But If you are losing money in trading then you should stop trading and learn more how to proceed! Without lose, you can not gain in trade. So, I would suggest to do trade with a low amount of money, learn first.
Knowledge and experience are the best tool to succeed in trading. You can't acquire those things in just a day but you have for a months or years. Of course, we do buying at low cost and make trades when it goes high and gain profits. It is just simple but you need to analyze also the market cause of its volatility.
Activity: 812
Merit: 114
September 22, 2018, 05:59:24 PM
I think the Bear market is good for buying coins and trading with them. An expert trader always prefers winter for the trade. But If you are losing money in trading then you should stop trading and learn more how to proceed! Without lose, you can not gain in trade. So, I would suggest to do trade with a low amount of money, learn first.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
September 22, 2018, 05:32:54 PM
Sure it's hard if you're looking to make profit by capital gain in a bear market. Bear market is the time when you should accumulate cheap coins to sell it later. But you still can make profit by shorting the market in leveraged trading. That's what I've been doing since Q1 this year. Leveraged trading give you the opportunity to make profit wherever the market is going, as long as there's price movement, there's money to be made there.

Learn how to margin trade, go to Bitmex, and short it Cheesy
I agree with you, but must point out that you failed to highlight that leverage trading is a double edged sword and could cause far more wreckage than the bearish market already did if dabbled into.
I would suggest that buying of Tether USDT when markets have more of bears and selling same when the bulls awake from their slumber, is a less risky way to short the market, through either way sound trading knowledge is indispensable.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
September 22, 2018, 05:11:18 PM

If you're not getting profits, then stop. I'm pretty sure most people are at a loss if they bought when Bitcoin was over $6900+ last year. However, I'm trading alt coins as well as doing exchange arbitrage and racking in profits in terms of BTC and ETH, rather than USD. As long as I'm increasing my BTC holdings, I don't consider it a loss because I believe in blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies in the long term.

You can always average buy your way in as well. That way you don't lose as much when there's a dip in the market.
No I think you should keep continue because nobody can predict the next moment. It is possible that the price jump like the previous one and those traders who are in front of their computers will make huge profit to buy more for low price and sell for higher price. It is good but the main thing is experience and skills about good and in time trading.
What you are saying goes against many manuals of trading, many people know about setting a stop loss in case the market goes against your prediction, but what many people do not know is that you also need to have a stop loss for a particular week or month, that way if you lose too much money in that week or month then you need to stop trading.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 507
September 21, 2018, 04:13:31 AM
if you don't have trading skills and if you can't control the patience you have then you should not have to trade when a bear market is happening, but if you still have capital and you can use trading and have courage then you can trade and make the best use of price movements.
That is the extraordinary thing you can do right now to maximize your future profits. Buy when the market is down and right now it is very down. Reduced cost of investment in other words. You can trade your coins when the market recovers and can sell it for handsome amount of money as well.

This situation is actually similar to the time when these coins were launched and had a very low value in the market. Those who invested that time were the ones who earned big hands.
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
September 19, 2018, 11:25:01 AM
if you don't have trading skills and if you can't control the patience you have then you should not have to trade when a bear market is happening, but if you still have capital and you can use trading and have courage then you can trade and make the best use of price movements.

It is very difficult to trade when the market is down. The beginner should better pick holding. When he holds, he does not lose anything. The time break can be used for the self-education.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
September 18, 2018, 10:00:39 AM
I think bear market is the best time to trade altcoins because most of them are on low prices. Most of the coins on the cryptomarket is 50% down or more so why not take advantage of it buying and holding for a certain time ? Bear market is an opportunity for all trader and holder since prices are quite affordable to buy more than usual. Bullish market will follow in a while Smiley
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
https://exip.live/
September 18, 2018, 06:35:18 AM
I think yes and we should trade in others instruments that look bullish , when bearish mode we should be out from the market and looking for others instrument asset that on bullish, although that others asset promising lower profit but this is much better than we are loss much money in downtrend of crypto market.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010
ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀
September 18, 2018, 06:07:24 AM
its hard to trade in the bear market so what I do is just hold until an occasional pump comes, sell in that and buy them back in the next dump.
Pages:
Jump to: