Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I stop trading in this bear market? - page 20. (Read 4466 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 101
September 14, 2018, 03:53:15 PM
The problem is we dont know when this bearish trend will end,  more than 8 month crypto market on bearish, and with this long periode should be already any sign this down trend finish and change to bullish. Although in bearish market,  many altcoin was going up in big gainer like 1 to 3 times just a few days. So keep continue to trade with smaller balance is good idea to make some profit.
Thats true, we don't know how long this trend will happen? if it lasts up to 1 year, will you not trade up to 1 year lol, you know bearish doesn't mean prices will continue to down right, occasionally prices will rise a few percent even though small, but if you can use it, you can earn profit
I always say this and I will never stop saying it. As long as you know your level of knowledge of trading is not sound enough, you still tend to make certain decisions out of emotion rather than sticking with your strategy and you still make some unnecessary and uncalled for silly mistakes in the market, then, stay away from trading a bear market. It is as simple as that. You cannot eat your cake and have it, if you cannot learn how to trade effectively without emotions, you will get burned faster in a bear market.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
September 13, 2018, 01:21:37 AM
The problem is we dont know when this bearish trend will end,  more than 8 month crypto market on bearish, and with this long periode should be already any sign this down trend finish and change to bullish. Although in bearish market,  many altcoin was going up in big gainer like 1 to 3 times just a few days. So keep continue to trade with smaller balance is good idea to make some profit.
Thats true, we don't know how long this trend will happen? if it lasts up to 1 year, will you not trade up to 1 year lol, you know bearish doesn't mean prices will continue to down right, occasionally prices will rise a few percent even though small, but if you can use it, you can earn profit
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
September 13, 2018, 12:59:23 AM
Possibly not ...esp. on ether coz its very volatile and tanks harder than bitcoin.. Better do some scalping using bitcoin  pair..at least you can earn some ..few times in a day.. Make sure to choose an active moving coin..
Activity: 364
September 13, 2018, 12:51:06 AM
For me, I think don't stop, just go for the flow. I am a trader also, but i wont stop, I earned everyday, all you have you to do is focus if the coins are moving go for it. If you are a trader, you know what is the good strategy of being a trader.
Activity: 644
Merit: 261
September 12, 2018, 09:21:32 PM
continuing to monitor price movements over time is likely to be far better than being carried away by the emotion of wanting to pursue profits, our trading strategy must be mastered before buying and selling, not relying on just one coin that we have to play starting broadly brave to expand all sectors, especially buying new coins that have the potential to rise, we must be observant, don't give up easily, always think ahead ....

In this bear market, many people give up and I would assume many would learn their lesson to always have a trading or investing strategy for that matter because if you have those before even buying a coin then you will not be frustrated seeing the price go down by the minute. It hurts to see that you are losing the value of your coin that's why you should know when to cut loss and then buy back when the market is somewhat stable. It takes a brave heart to trade especially in cryptocurrency when the prices are so volatile.

Try to look at other coins because some small coins can give you an profits, now if you only see big coins like ethereum, bitcoin, cardano and eos, then chances are you can't make a profit because the coin has a large volume so that the funds of a trader will not change the value.

Well, OP has the option as well to just focus on one coin but then he should have a trading strategy in the first place. If he would focus on one coin then he should study the previous movements of the coin. It may be going down but there are times when it would bounce so he can take advantage of the small profits because it would be accumulated eventually.

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502
September 12, 2018, 09:08:33 PM
Trading is like an addiction, but this bear market seems will be very long. Bitcoin is going to under 6k USD, ETH is now 262 USD, Almost 80% coin fell down. I can't make profits at this moment in trading, Because after getting a little bit of profit, the market again goes under, then another coin eats my profit too. What should I do now?
Try to look at other coins because some small coins can give you an profits, now if you only see big coins like ethereum, bitcoin, cardano and eos, then chances are you can't make a profit because the coin has a large volume so that the funds of a trader will not change the value.
Activity: 80
September 12, 2018, 09:00:07 PM
Trading is like an addiction, but this bear market seems will be very long. Bitcoin is going to under 6k USD, ETH is now 262 USD, Almost 80% coin fell down. I can't make profits at this moment in trading, Because after getting a little bit of profit, the market again goes under, then another coin eats my profit too. What should I do now?

continuing to monitor price movements over time is likely to be far better than being carried away by the emotion of wanting to pursue profits, our trading strategy must be mastered before buying and selling, not relying on just one coin that we have to play starting broadly brave to expand all sectors, especially buying new coins that have the potential to rise, we must be observant, don't give up easily, always think ahead ....
Activity: 1140
Merit: 103
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
September 12, 2018, 08:48:29 PM
The best suggestion is never to trade in the bear market. It breeds loses and when you are frustrated because of the loss you encountered, you also get more loss because the store of value(bitcoin) is also going down in price and this makes it unprofitable for the trader
Right.It would be better not to trade with this bearish market because instead of making a huge profit,the tendency is that you may even get lose in the end.Instead,try to increase your portfolio by buying cheap coins with this down market,keep them hold until you see the price market the perfect time to sell.
We can't really expect other weak hands trader to believe with our advises. It's not easy for them to handle their emotions as they see bearish market were more like an aggressive lion who wanted to eat their prey. Am referring this to each and every coins we had here, and despite of holding each crypto investments more panicked traders were tend to lose their grip with cryptocurrency. So lets help everybody to gain confidence now stop sharing frustrations instead encourage everyone.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
September 12, 2018, 08:39:32 PM
The problem is we dont know when this bearish trend will end,  more than 8 month crypto market on bearish, and with this long periode should be already any sign this down trend finish and change to bullish. Although in bearish market,  many altcoin was going up in big gainer like 1 to 3 times just a few days. So keep continue to trade with smaller balance is good idea to make some profit.
Activity: 308
Merit: 2
September 12, 2018, 08:03:20 PM

If you're not getting profits, then stop. I'm pretty sure most people are at a loss if they bought when Bitcoin was over $6900+ last year. However, I'm trading alt coins as well as doing exchange arbitrage and racking in profits in terms of BTC and ETH, rather than USD. As long as I'm increasing my BTC holdings, I don't consider it a loss because I believe in blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies in the long term.

You can always average buy your way in as well. That way you don't lose as much when there's a dip in the market.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
September 12, 2018, 07:56:11 PM
The best suggestion is never to trade in the bear market. It breeds loses and when you are frustrated because of the loss you encountered, you also get more loss because the store of value(bitcoin) is also going down in price and this makes it unprofitable for the trader
Right.It would be better not to trade with this bearish market because instead of making a huge profit,the tendency is that you may even get lose in the end.Instead,try to increase your portfolio by buying cheap coins with this down market,keep them hold until you see the price market the perfect time to sell.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 12, 2018, 07:22:36 PM
be patient With this reality. I think you should stay in the trade. if you stop, then you lose. so to recover losses, you must keep trading. You must have a new way to deal with this bear market. maybe you should start trading altcoin and not focus on just one coin. by utilizing the altcoin trade, maybe you can get a profit. because when the bitcoin market price falls, there are still several altcoins whose prices actually increase.
Activity: 182
September 12, 2018, 04:45:43 PM
Activity: 1190
Merit: 511
September 12, 2018, 03:44:52 PM
why do you think about stopping trading? If you have enough experience, knowledges and skills on trading you successfully trade during downtrend through marginal trading. Furthermore you can earn even more than you earned through open short positions and using leverage for example x5 or x 10.Now is not right time to buy anything for long. Just short and get your profit.
If you think that trading market now causes you depression or sleepless then you should start trading, but if  you will just be patient then all of you have to do is to wait for the right time and keep holding on what we do have currently which I think is the right decision nowadays but honestly hard to do right now, it is up to us in the end how we are going to manage things .
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
September 12, 2018, 01:51:45 PM
why do you think about stopping trading? If you have enough experience, knowledges and skills on trading you successfully trade during downtrend through marginal trading. Furthermore you can earn even more than you earned through open short positions and using leverage for example x5 or x 10.Now is not right time to buy anything for long. Just short and get your profit.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain
September 12, 2018, 12:59:54 PM
If you have enough knowledge about crypto trading then bear market is good for gain good profits, otherwise you should keep yourself away from trading until stable market.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000
September 12, 2018, 12:58:38 PM

If the current conditions aren't in accordance with your trading strategy or do not suit your wishes, it is better to pause and wait for the best time to start again. There is no need to force to trade even though it has become your routine. It's better to relax with other stuffs and things.
Activity: 157
September 12, 2018, 10:54:10 AM
if you have the right trading skill, you can make a lot in the bear market
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188
September 12, 2018, 09:55:22 AM
Have you ever heard that as the market falls, the more we buy, the less risk we will have, so it will be saved when we buy the coin at high prices and neutralize the risk.
That is something that can easily work out for an investor. Probably, a trader without knowledge of trading, capital management, risk management and the necessary things needed to know when it comes to trading, will end up buying a market wrongly, then the market goes down the more, and he keeps buying until he just finds out that he has wasted so much buying rather than sticking with a better strategy based on a trend changing and setting stop loss where applicable.

Bear market is totally different from a bull market. At this stage, the market tend towards the down side faster and you really want to be principled, well learned, and know what you are doing.
copper member
Activity: 672
Merit: 270
September 12, 2018, 09:06:22 AM

The volatile nature of the cryptocurrency is known by everyone. When you started trading, you had to know it. Then you would not have asked this question. If you can not risk it, yes, the best is to wait.

The skilled and experienced man that is dealing with the cryptocurrencies will never stop trading even when the market is down. It is possible to earn now doing the day trading.
It is true that your knowledge, your experiences and your expertise in doing trading will be your key to keep on trading even if we have this what we called bear market.  But sometimes you should be mindful on what are going on in the market because even if you have a lot of experiences and your expert on what your doing still you can't tell what will going to happen in the market.
Pages:
Jump to: