Pages:
Author

Topic: Should ICOs be regulated - page 45. (Read 24186 times)

Activity: 663
Merit: 10
https://streamies.io/
December 03, 2018, 07:05:37 AM
Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?
it should be adjusted. I hope that we will have an anti-phishing organization in the crypto market established. If that happens, I will donate them monthly protection money.
I really expect an SEC-like organization to be able to protect me and other investors from the risk of fraud.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
December 03, 2018, 07:02:19 AM
Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?

Highly recommended. A lot of people believe that crypto must not be regulated as its against the concept. But, I think moderate, well-thought regulations will work in its favor. A lot of investors refrain from entering the market since they are afraid of losing their money to scams. Regulations will only boost the confidence and making someone liable for fraud will be the first step to make this happen.
Activity: 435
Merit: 100
December 03, 2018, 06:48:33 AM

That's a good idea but it's really hard to control. If the headquarters of the surveillance were in the United States, founders in other countries could scam they would be able to hide in their own country. It is a difficult math problem and we have not been able to solve it yet.
Activity: 840
Merit: 266
December 03, 2018, 06:45:26 AM
If anything needs to be regulated in Crypto space then for sure and with any doubt, it should be ICOs. Also, Bounty hunters need to be verified (KYC). In other words, everything related to ICOs needs to be verified, a lot of investors already lost interest in investing in ICOs and to be honest, no one can blame them, everything needs to be done to protect investors and gain their trust back should be done no questions asked. Look at the current status of ICOs now, it is really horrible.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 258
December 03, 2018, 06:27:16 AM

That's a good idea, I would not consider that because we are decentralized but since so many investors and bounty hunters losing their valuable time and money, we need one that will regulate ICO to audit these ICO even those rating sites are not helping investors to pick the right project to invest.
Activity: 196
Merit: 2
December 03, 2018, 06:23:25 AM
A reasonable regulation won't be out of place as it's become obvious that the P2P decentralized system isn't enough to increase the marketcap of cryptos and extension their prices. ICOs need to be regulated to make this space attractive to institutional investors and also to weed out the scam projects whose sole aim is to defraud the investing public.
10c
Activity: 658
BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace
December 03, 2018, 06:21:50 AM
SEC already launch a serious regulation of ICO projects. Many of the projects will simply disappear after they will be asked to register their assets.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
December 03, 2018, 06:07:38 AM
Of course, the ICO must be regulated and I hope this will happen very soon. This will give a new life to this ICO market.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 251
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
December 03, 2018, 05:34:41 AM
I also agreed that the formation of an audit team for ico who often scam, because now there are still a lot of ico scams that have sprung up so that many investors are afraid to make good investments in ico because they are afraid of the ico scam.
Activity: 658
Merit: 108
December 03, 2018, 05:33:12 AM
Your question is suggesting an answer. There is a demand for reasonable ICO regulation, and I guess it comes from both investors, and companies. Everybody would rather invest in institutionally stable environment. However, as we see in common financial assets, rempant regulation leads to lower profits, more bureaucracy and even moral hazard.
copper member
Activity: 798
Merit: 3
December 03, 2018, 05:19:43 AM
Yes, ICO should be regulated but how it will regulate is the matter of consideration because of decentralized and anonymous nature of transaction of the token. But, if any private body will strictly regulate the ICO with scrutinizing the project then most of the fake ICO will not come hence the investors money won't go waste.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 670
December 03, 2018, 05:12:11 AM
There are two important points. Regulations for decentralized projects can be damaging. But these regulations also protect investors.
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
December 03, 2018, 05:08:50 AM
I hope it would be regulated, because it does not make any sense to keep it unregulated. First of all, people are afraid to put their money in an ICO, because of the scam possibility. We need to make a better environment for everybody.
Activity: 714
Merit: 118
December 02, 2018, 02:33:18 PM
Yes, this market needs a regulator. A lot of scam. Most people have never invested and many lose their money by investing in fraudulent ICO. There is no way to get your money back. Most projects are trash. Most projects collect unreasonable amounts. I don’t understand why many projects cost 50-100 million dollars!? That's right that the United States and China prohibit investing their citizens. This market is saturated with fraudsters.
Activity: 382
December 02, 2018, 02:23:13 PM
absolutely agree. now we already see that attempts are being made to regulate ICO. I think in a year everything will be better than now at the ICO market
Activity: 280
December 02, 2018, 01:17:57 PM
       I think there should be an ICO regulation to protect investor investment. There are many SCAM projects and it is increasingly difficult to realize that the project is viable or not. I think there should be a system for the project team like KYC. I think it would be necessary and many ICO SCAM projects would be removed.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
December 02, 2018, 01:13:40 PM
I am not a friend of regulation, but in that case it would be fine.
Without regulation, the ico market will probably not survive much longer.
The scam ico must disappear, otherwise no one will soon invest in an ico.
Activity: 343
December 02, 2018, 01:13:28 PM
Yeh, it would be great if any comissiona will make an audit of ICO before it will enter the market. Also it should be a punishment for organizers of scam ICOs. After this regulation there should be less scam.
copper member
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
December 02, 2018, 01:06:04 PM
As an industry that pride itself as decentralized, I don't think ICO are getting regulated by Government agency outside the industry will be good for our collective benefits but I think there is a need for the industry itself to overhaul this crowdfunding ICO model and come out with an automated solution on vlo that will be able to protect the interest of investors and safeguard the continuity of ICOs.
Activity: 428
Merit: 172
chenille!
December 02, 2018, 01:02:29 PM
I agree, most ICOs are a big gambling nowadays if it's a scam or not and good ones very difficult to find. More reputation would also help for the projects to raise more money.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?
Definitely! This would be a step into the right direction to protect investors rights. Every ICO should be registered to ensure that the founders are no scammers. By doing so, scammers would have no chance to escape and scam investors for their money.

Pages:
Jump to: