Pages:
Author

Topic: Should ICOs be regulated - page 37. (Read 24186 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 10
December 20, 2018, 10:26:11 PM
Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?
The rule of the ICO project is not to have any rules. This is called investing your beliefs and money. But when the market goes down, our market will be bad and there will be many scams of ICO owners. There will be no one to protect us, we just wait ICO die and STO will be crowned. It will help investors to be safer and less risky.
Activity: 498
Merit: 1
Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet
December 20, 2018, 10:12:21 PM
Yes because there are a lot of bad eggs in the industry, regulating ICOs will help to weed out most of these people and protect investors funds.
Activity: 322
December 20, 2018, 09:59:39 PM
It's a must specially if our hard earned money is concern. There is no other effective way to prevent these bad people of stealing our money but thru regulation in which preventing them to join the crypto space is better than bringing them to prison for justice after they have already scam the people.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
December 20, 2018, 09:57:23 PM
I think ICO should be regulated in jurisdiction where there are capacity and manpower available for regulation. When I say capacity and manpower, I am referring to decentralised infrastructure that will work with decentralized project like ICO!
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
December 20, 2018, 09:53:31 PM
I am agree if ICO reguted by government. If scam ICOs always coming to market, people will not trust anymore to cryptomarket. I am believe government regulation needed to reducing scam ICOs and saving people investment. In any investment, trust is important think and crypto should give good trust to new investor
I believe the government have a plan on it and besides, there on the regulation process to protect peoples interest on crypto. Meanwhile, we don't know when it finalize and imposed though, we still wait on it and still continue to invest in these. Nothing to worry about scam projects cause definitely they won't survive and nobody's invest on them.
Activity: 700
Merit: 11
send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c
December 20, 2018, 09:22:58 PM
Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?
i think it's a very good step.
i also hope that with the rules on the ICO project, this will make the ICO project even better without a project scam

and this will definitely be very beneficial for all parties, especially investors. this will make investors safer and will return to invest in ico.
Activity: 798
December 20, 2018, 08:39:59 PM
I am agree if ICO reguted by government. If scam ICOs always coming to market, people will not trust anymore to cryptomarket. I am believe government regulation needed to reducing scam ICOs and saving people investment. In any investment, trust is important think and crypto should give good trust to new investor
Activity: 490
Merit: 2
December 20, 2018, 07:39:24 PM
the only regulation that might be very important is a guarantee for participants who have the potential to lose their reward. for example, the ico team runs away or disappears. actually if the project fails and there is a small reward it doesn't matter, but if the team runs away and doesn't notice at all and there is no reward, then it will be very painful.
Activity: 420
December 20, 2018, 10:48:57 AM

Yes we totally need regulation in the market, the fact that there is no kind of regulation is the reason that we actually have so many coins right now in the market, I am talking thousands of coins and there are more pouring into the market everyday, the regulations will help to make sure that only the good projects are the ones that get published
Activity: 588
Merit: 101
December 20, 2018, 10:36:01 AM
It's hard to imagine what will it be with ICO if something will regulate them. I think that it should be regulated but just to avoid the fact of scammers. But all of us know that if some law will put its nose in some sphere it is reflect badly on the prices.  Undecided
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
December 17, 2018, 02:05:34 PM
There have been unsubstantiated evidence as regard so called 'wide spread' scam in ICO funding! In Cryptocurrency, scam I suppose simply means I have not made profit from my investment, then the project must be scam. I agree that there should be  some sanity in ICO promotion by way of regulation which should be decentralized!
Activity: 753
December 17, 2018, 02:02:03 PM

As a regulated entity that promotes token sales, I absolutely believe that the sector needs some form or regulation for both parties. This is not just to stop scams and ultimately make someone (the ICO founders) culpable. But also to ensure some form of financial reasoning for investors.

It starts with people in the ecosystem being responsible in their practice.
You are right, if the market of ICO projects is regulated, this means that investors will also be subject to verification and bear some responsibility. Apparently everything goes to this ...
Activity: 123
December 17, 2018, 01:54:41 PM
Not regulated means scams and gems. High risk, high rewards...the risk you take means you could lose everything. This is how things went last year and many got out with a lot of money. However, things being regulated more and more means there will be less risk, but also less reason to fomo in, so I assume the rewards will not be as high too. But, once btc goes towards ath again, I am almost certain people will again fomo in, thinking they are able to get rich quick.

I'd agree with your assumption and add that there is probably always going to be space for gems, but the mass market should be protected.
copper member
Activity: 166
December 17, 2018, 07:41:53 AM
In my view there should be regulation before launching any project of an ICO. because investor would be feel safely for investment and remain the comfort towards ICO  future. Being a crypto traders I observed that many ICO SCAM in the absence of regulation and the company  run away to closed their website. The hard money of the investors make default in crowdfunding.   

Activity: 560
Merit: 22
December 17, 2018, 07:28:07 AM
Not regulated means scams and gems. High risk, high rewards...the risk you take means you could lose everything. This is how things went last year and many got out with a lot of money. However, things being regulated more and more means there will be less risk, but also less reason to fomo in, so I assume the rewards will not be as high too. But, once btc goes towards ath again, I am almost certain people will again fomo in, thinking they are able to get rich quick.
Activity: 140
December 17, 2018, 07:13:08 AM
In my opinion, this will happen sooner or later. Too many unscrupulous projects that take funds from investors.
Activity: 123
December 17, 2018, 06:24:46 AM

As a regulated entity that promotes token sales, I absolutely believe that the sector needs some form or regulation for both parties. This is not just to stop scams and ultimately make someone (the ICO founders) culpable. But also to ensure some form of financial reasoning for investors.

It starts with people in the ecosystem being responsible in their practice.
Activity: 308
December 17, 2018, 06:15:48 AM
I am also sure that over time the ICO market should be regulated in some way. This approach will significantly reduce the number of scammers, restore confidence among investors and raise additional money. Because now there is a very difficult situation in the ICO market with a lot of fraudsters and distrust on the part of investors.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
December 14, 2018, 06:22:01 PM
I, too, that the ICO should be regulated, as well as the cryptocurrency market should be regulated, but this will not happen in the near future. I do not want to guess, but most likely it will happen only in 2020, not earlier.
Activity: 645
December 14, 2018, 03:42:52 PM

We do not need a regulator and registration of the project on the territory. With the project teachers and the team. What would be free to file a play in the palicia for such fraudsters.
Pages:
Jump to: