Pages:
Author

Topic: Show off your hardware wallet - page 8. (Read 1984 times)

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
December 07, 2021, 06:56:49 PM
Note: I can't disclose the name of the local hardware wallet due to safety reasons [e.g. various threats] against a few of the scammers I've exposed before and in case someone mentions why I'm participating in a local board on this forum, I'm not residing in there.
I t would be very interesting to see this hardware wallet, but I completely understand your concerns why you're not sharing it. I tried to make little search for this wallet, but failed to find anything.

The ugly color was chosen to stand out from my too many USB sticks Cheesy
Well, at least it's not pink Cheesy. Probably 90% of people buy black wallet, so, I even forgot that you can pick color. BTW, maybe someone have one of these limited edition Ledger like Bitcoin Pizza Day edition or Bitcoin White Papper edition?

Nowadays  I use it once a month,  as here im Brazil we are allowed to sell each month about 5k usd per month without paying tax gains.
That's really nice law. I'm moving to Brazil Smiley. In my country you can make just €2500 gains (about $2800) without being taxed.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
December 07, 2021, 01:43:42 PM
Nowadays  I use it once a month,  as here im Brazil we are allowed to sell each month about 5k usd per month without paying tax gains.
That's a really nice law. And the timeframe in which you have been holding your coins doesn't matter? Holding them for one day or one year is treated the same way?

Yes, this tax free can be used even for day trading. If you sell more than 30k BRL (about 5k USD) you need to pay 15% taxes over your gains. If you hold for 1 day, the gains will be small and the tax will also be small. If you are holding for 5 years, the gains will be big and the taxes will be higher.

I think it is a very nice law as well. It is also amazing if you decide to buy something with bitcoin, if it is below 5k USD in a month it will also be tax free.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
December 07, 2021, 01:28:05 PM
At first I was wondering what is that Nano S doing in the background on your screen and why don't you mention that you have one of those as well. Then I realized that it's this thread that's open and visible on your computer screen.

I have the same ledger nano s model as most people here are posting.
Where is the picture to back up your claims? Grin No picture - no hardware wallet.

Nowadays  I use it once a month,  as here im Brazil we are allowed to sell each month about 5k usd per month without paying tax gains.
That's a really nice law. And the timeframe in which you have been holding your coins doesn't matter? Holding them for one day or one year is treated the same way?
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
December 07, 2021, 12:16:13 PM
I have the same ledger nano s model as most people here are posting. I bought it in January 2018.

I also don't use it a lot. I spent years without even connecting it to a computer (in 2018 2019 bear market). Nowadays  I use it once a month,  as here im Brazil we are allowed to sell each month about 5k usd per month without paying tax gains.

My plan is to sell some of my stash now and buy back later if we face a big bear market again.

I am 100% satisfied with my ledger nano s, which is pretty new. If it breaks or something like that I will just buy a new one.

I think ledger live is a great software for newbies and the compatibility with electrum and metamask and other wallets allows me to have the control I need over my coins and private keys.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
December 07, 2021, 12:09:58 PM

I know that's not the original cable, but I prefer this shorter one which I usually don't unplug from the Nano S.

I've bought this Nano S in 2019 and the reason was to do tests with it, mostly, since if need be I can setup a cold storage.
Now I'm too much used to its convenience, although I don't use it that much. (So yep, it still works good).

Why Nano S? Seemed to do more than Trezor One (more altcoins, although not in the same time, clearly) and similar (maybe even slightly smaller price). And I've also preferred the USB-like design.
The ugly color was chosen to stand out from my too many USB sticks Cheesy

I was very angry on Ledger because of the sloppy way they've handled the data leak from their shop, and I still am, but from what I know only my e-mail has leaked, so I consider myself lucky with that.
Activity: 269
Merit: 37
🍀🍀🍀
December 07, 2021, 12:05:25 PM
https://imgur.com/M9O9UDf

bought it long time back.

don't remember when exactly.

but works fine.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
December 07, 2021, 07:49:30 AM
tell us when and why you bought your device, and show us its current condition.
I bought my Trezor One around late last year or early this year... Before that, I was using a local hardware wallet that was based on Trezor's firmware [it was 30% to 40% cheaper] but it had a lot of bugs in comparison to what I was seeing from the "real" Trezor hardware wallets, so I finally decided to purchase a Trezor One and I'm really pleased with it. Despite keeping it in a drawer with a lot of other stuff, there are still no scratches on either its body or screen.

Note: I can't disclose the name of the local hardware wallet due to safety reasons [e.g. various threats] against a few of the scammers I've exposed before and in case someone mentions why I'm participating in a local board on this forum, I'm not residing in there.

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 5630
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
December 06, 2021, 10:24:43 AM
I was thinking about whether to participate in this or not, because since I only own a Ledger HW, someone might accuse me again of being a Ledger shill Roll Eyes

I have owned the Ledger S for years, and I think I bought it for Black Friday 2017 or maybe a year later, while the price of the BTC was around $8000. The device is still in mint condition because it is rarely used and is always stored in ideal conditions far out of reach of dust, dirt, or moisture.

I also own a Ledger X that I bought for Black Friday 2019 when the discount was as high as 35% and that seemed like a very good opportunity to me. Apart from data leaks, I have never found any defect in any of the devices, and I have no objections to their construction and materials.

When I bought the Ledger X I did a little review, so I'll use the picture I took then - nothing has changed with the condition of the devices.

legendary
Slava Ukraini!
December 06, 2021, 09:25:13 AM
Seriously tho, I have a Ledger Nano S, Trezor ONE and a BitHD Razor (that I got sent as a review unit):
I remember BitHD also offered me to send wallet. But then they said that they can't send it because of covid-19 pandemic which started in China and later they refused to send it because their shipping agency don't deliver to my country. It was kinda strange because I live in EU, not North Korea or other problematic country.

You have managed to preserve its condition nicely, good for you. Is the display quality the same after all these years?
Yeah, display quality looks same like new. I haven't used it at max brightness, so, probably it helped.
legendary
December 06, 2021, 05:21:18 AM
I just remember that I bought on Black Friday. So, I dig up deep in my email and I found that I bought my Nano S back in 2017, so, I already have it for 4
Black Friday deal of 2017. That might actually be the same time I got mine. We probably took advantage of the same discount. You have managed to preserve its condition nicely, good for you. Is the display quality the same after all these years?

Nice try Mr. Hacker/IRS/FBI/CIA/NSA/!!?!
Oh no, you figured out the real reason behind this thread.

- Trezor ONE and Nano S both purchased around the same time (mid 2017).
If you had to do a head2head comparison between the Trezor One and the Nano S, which one would come on top after all these years of usage, but also looking their features and those elements that are important for you personally?

- I don't really use the BitHD Razor due to the somewhat annoying custom cable adapter (it's too thing for a standard USB port) and having to use Bitpie wallet app. Undecided
Thick? It doesn't fit into a standard USB port? What kind of cable does the BitHD Razor use and how do you overcome this hurdle?
I was supposed to get one of those as a test unit back in the days when BitHD was giving them away in exchange for a review of the device. Unfortunately, because of shipping issues, it was never sent. Seemed like a decent gadget to me and I always wondered why it didn't become more popular around here. BTW, the BitHD Razor is an open-source wallet, is it not?   
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
December 06, 2021, 01:50:07 AM
Many of us here use different hardware wallets, so I thought it might be interesting to know what everyone has and why. We could display our devices here, comment on their built quality, and check the conditions they are in.
Show us what you are using!
Nice try Mr. Hacker/IRS/FBI/CIA/NSA/!!?!

Seriously tho, I have a Ledger Nano S, Trezor ONE and a BitHD Razor (that I got sent as a review unit):

NOTES:
- Trezor ONE and Nano S both purchased around the same time (mid 2017).
- I vaguely remember that I ordered the Nano S first, but there were manufacturing/shipping delays at the time, so I ordered the Trezor ONE because I really wanted a HW wallet. They were then delivered only 2 days apart!  Roll Eyes
- The Trezor ONE looks filthy because it still has the factory fitted plastic protective film on it (what y'all seem to be calling a "foil").
- I once "bricked" my Nano S back in the old days of the firmware and bootloader updates... frantic plugging/unplugging while holding various buttons eventually got it back (after a very panicky 20-30mins) to the point I could re-flash the firmware I was attempting to load and it has worked pretty much flawlessly since.
- My Trezor and Nano S have been on international holidays Wink
- I don't really use the BitHD Razor due to the somewhat annoying custom cable adapter (it's too thin for a standard USB port) and having to use Bitpie wallet app. Undecided

If I were forced to choose a new hardware wallet today... I'd probably pick the coldcard. Not sure why... it just looks like it would fit all my requirements.
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
December 05, 2021, 05:51:48 PM
I'm also awful when I have to remwmber dates or numbers, I just remember that I bought on Black Friday. So, I dig up deep in my email and I found that I bought my Nano S back in 2017, so, I already have it for 4 years. And here is how it looks:

I don't use it very often, so, it looks almost like new. You can see little scratch on metal part of wallet, but honestly, I haven't even noticed it before I took photo with flash light. Now I'm looking into it with my eyes and I can't see that scratch. Well, maybe it was just some dirt.
Plastic part and screen of my Ledger looks perfect without any scratches.
I suppose that it would look much worse if I would use it on daily basis.
From all box content I only use USB cable, but unlike you I removed foil from it Cheesy
legendary
December 05, 2021, 06:27:03 AM
|User|Hardware Wallet|Link to Post|
|Pmalek|Ledger Nano S|58625647|
|LTU_btc|Ledger Nano S|58631674|
|HCP|Ledger Nano S, Trezor One, BitHD Razor|58633640|
|Lucius|Ledger Nano S, Ledger Nano X |58637776|
|SFR10|Trezor One|58646256|
|NeuroticFish|Ledger Nano S|58648522|
|bitmover|Ledger Nano S|58648582|
|mocacinno|Ledger Nano S, Trezor One, Trezor T|58653957|
|Maus0728|Ledger Nano S, Trezor One|58880947|
|aoluain|Ledger Nano S, Trezor One|59087290|
|n0nce|Foundation Passport Batch 1|60096365|
|Cricktor|DIY PiTrezor|60227545|
|abel1337|Ledger Nano S, Trezor One |60569683|
|crwth|Ledger Nano X, Trezor T|60967276|
|Husna QA|Ledger Nano X, Trezor T|60975015|
legendary
December 05, 2021, 06:26:47 AM
Many of us here use different hardware wallets, so I thought it might be interesting to know what everyone has and why. We could display our devices here, comment on their built quality, and check the conditions they are in.

If you are up for it, take a couple of pictures, tell us when and why you bought your device, and show us its current condition. I will make a table in the second post of the thread to link to all the Bitcointalk community's hardware wallets.

Let me begin.
I have a Ledger Nano S that I purchased back in 2017/2018. Unfortunately, I am awful with dates and numbers, so I don’t remember exactly when. I hesitated whether I should purchase a Ledger or a Trezor device but opted to go for the Nano S in the end. I bought it at a discount, and I am pretty happy with it.

I got parts of my personal data leaked in the infamous Ledger and Shopify incident, which was a negative experience.

You can see a few pictures below. The outside cover has taken a little bit of damage throughout the years, but nothing significant. Some of that is just dust and dirt.

There is no damage or scratches on the screen or the plastic casing.

Regarding the other contents of the original box, I am only using the data cable on a regular basis. As you can see, I haven’t even removed the foil from the USB head. Grin

Show us what you are using!
Pages:
Jump to: