Pages:
Author

Topic: Show off your hardware wallet - page 3. (Read 1984 times)

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 2852
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
September 23, 2022, 02:25:58 AM
You have chosen a peculiar option in the dispute between the two camps Trezor and Ledger by combining them in use. Well, to be honest, this is a laudable solution and seems to be a safer way, although it requires a little more work /actions than if you use a device from only one manufacturer. If one company is compromised, there is no way to get access to your wallet,  and the probability of simultaneous compromise of two companies at once tends to zero.
If the hardware wallet is damaged (or one manufacturer is compromised), whether it uses in a multi-signature wallet or not, a preventive action that the user can take is to have a backup seed phrase to recover if this happens.

Taking this opportunity, I would like to ask about the results of your experiment on the use of both devices. If you had to choose between Nano X and Trezor T, which hardware wallet would you prefer and why?
Nano X (hardware wallet, cables, accessories and boxes) feels more premium than Trezor T. Even though the price is lower than Trezor T.

In addition, Ledger is sometimes quicker to add features such as Taproot address and Coin Control. Although, Trezor adds these features as well.

So far, I haven't had any issues using either of them (hopefully, it doesn't happen). If the question is which one to choose, I choose both.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
September 21, 2022, 07:17:34 AM
Maybe dkbit98 will do it, he is a big fan of the Nano franchise.
Incoming war in 3... 2... 1 (peace Cheesy)

What are you going to do with it after that? Seems like a waste of money just leaving it to collect dust..
Apart from considering it as a collectible item, I'll probably do some tests to prepare myself for the next time that someone like @jerry0 creates a thread with their strange questions Tongue

It's not recommended to purchase HWs from non-official sources, but maybe you might find someone on the forum who would be interested in purchasing a slightly used Nano S Plus after your review for a discount.
I completely agree but IIRC, few users tried selling brand new HW recently, and even though most of them were limited edition Nanos, no one seemed to be interested in purchasing them, so I'll probably have little to no chance of recouping anything.

Yes, you should order one. :p
I'll try to find some time next week to go to one of their official resellers that has a brick-and-mortar store Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
September 21, 2022, 02:50:55 AM
From my understanding, it creates a new wallet with every different password phrases. I'm not sure how it works completely but I'm just amazed that it could be done. I haven't fully utilized it since I didn't input a password phrase with the main wallet I'm using.
Are you talking about passphrases maybe? Passphrase as in an extension of your seed, aka the 25th seed word? The original 24 words of the recovery phrase remain the same, it's just the passphrase that changes if you use that feature.

This option exists with Ledger hardware wallets as well. You can unlock your passphrase-protected accounts with a secondary PIN (different from the main PIN) or by entering the whole passphrase during the login stage. 
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1296
keep walking, Johnnie
September 20, 2022, 02:55:11 PM
Here is my hardware wallet, Ledger Nano X and Trezor Model T:

The Nano X was my first hardware wallet and one of the most used. While Trezor T is for hold purposes.

I bought both because I wanted to know how to use and experiment with both. To find out the advantages and disadvantages or even combine the two hardware wallets, for example, to create a multi-signature wallet on Electrum: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.60534500.

You have chosen a peculiar option in the dispute between the two camps Trezor and Ledger by combining them in use. Well, to be honest, this is a laudable solution and seems to be a safer way, although it requires a little more work /actions than if you use a device from only one manufacturer. If one company is compromised, there is no way to get access to your wallet,  and the probability of simultaneous compromise of two companies at once tends to zero.

Taking this opportunity, I would like to ask about the results of your experiment on the use of both devices. If you had to choose between Nano X and Trezor T, which hardware wallet would you prefer and why?
copper member
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
September 20, 2022, 01:14:36 PM
TBH, I really like Trezor with their feature of being able to generate a new wallet with a different phrase.
Are you saying you can have multiple recovery phrases on your Trezor at the same time without having to recover from seed each time you switch between them? And is there even a "switch" that needs to be done or does the Trezor just work perfectly fine with multiple seed phrases? If that's correct, it really is a nice feature, I agree with that. So how many recovery phrases can you use simultaneously? If I have 5 different Bitcoin wallet/accounts, can each one have its own phrase? 
From my understanding, it creates a new wallet with every different password phrases. I'm not sure how it works completely but I'm just amazed that it could be done. I haven't fully utilized it since I didn't input a password phrase with the main wallet I'm using. It's just probably going to be handy if you are planning to hide a wallet from a person that knows you personally or something. At least that's how I think it would come in handy.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 2852
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
September 20, 2022, 11:31:57 AM
Here is my hardware wallet, Ledger Nano X and Trezor Model T:

The Nano X was my first hardware wallet and one of the most used. While Trezor T is for hold purposes.

I bought both because I wanted to know how to use and experiment with both. To find out the advantages and disadvantages or even combine the two hardware wallets, for example, to create a multi-signature wallet on Electrum: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.60534500.

legendary
September 20, 2022, 09:04:53 AM
TBH, I really like Trezor with their feature of being able to generate a new wallet with a different phrase.
Are you saying you can have multiple recovery phrases on your Trezor at the same time without having to recover from seed each time you switch between them? And is there even a "switch" that needs to be done or does the Trezor just work perfectly fine with multiple seed phrases? If that's correct, it really is a nice feature, I agree with that. So how many recovery phrases can you use simultaneously? If I have 5 different Bitcoin wallet/accounts, can each one have its own phrase? 
Activity: 882
Merit: 5814
not your keys, not your coins!
September 20, 2022, 08:53:25 AM
It depends on when you purchased your Nano X... If you got it in the past year or so, you've probably dealt with some of "these issues" due to its buggy nature so that one should be for the hodling part and the Model T for managing your cryptocurrencies on a regular basis. Did I get it right?
I believe it's the other way around. I think he trusts the Trezor more than he does Ledger. So Trezor is his long-term storage device that doesn't get accessed that often, and Ledger is for smaller daily amounts, altcoins, and whatever crwth is interested in. Ledger has greater support for altcoins and more 3rd-party services and partnerships, which might fall into the "managing crypto" category. 
Well, I both use them in terms of being used but it's just that Trezor is being turned on most of the time. So I guess it's okay? I haven't fully thought about it yet  Shocked
As long as you have at least one seed phrase backup, in a physically different location than the Ledger, it is fine for HODL.
I would probably do the same, simply because struggling with Ledger's various problems on a daily basis seems like a huge pain.

Just make sure that after a few years of HODLing you can still access the funds, even if the Nano X decides not to turn on anymore, not to show anything on screen or having other symptoms.
copper member
September 20, 2022, 05:22:05 AM
You only shared that one picture, but judging by the casings, they seem to be in good condition. I see something that looks like color residue or ink on the "Z" and "R" characters on the Trezor. How long have you had them and have you had any issues with the devices?
There's no color residue or anything, it's the reflection from my monitor to the HWs. My first one was the Nano X and I have been with it since the pre-pandemic stage. For the Trezor T, it's quite new. Just last year.

When you say "manage crypto" are we talking about day-to-day operations or what does that mean to you?
I hope the seeds are unique on each HW.  Grin
More of an always being used type of thing and then the other one is just like cold storage that is never touched or seldomly touched.

How would they do in a head-to-head battle? What do you like with the Trezor that you don't like with the Ledger and vice versa?
TBH, I really like Trezor with their feature of being able to generate a new wallet with a different phrase. As long as you remember the phrase, then it would be okay. With Ledger, I can transact using my phone, so it's easy. I think they have both strong points with different ends.

It depends on when you purchased your Nano X... If you got it in the past year or so, you've probably dealt with some of "these issues" due to its buggy nature so that one should be for the hodling part and the Model T for managing your cryptocurrencies on a regular basis. Did I get it right?
Yeah, you pretty much got it right XD

I'm surprised no one has posted a review for the Nano S Plus! Should I order it for fun and make a short review?
Yes, you should order one. :p

I believe it's the other way around. I think he trusts the Trezor more than he does Ledger. So Trezor is his long-term storage device that doesn't get accessed that often, and Ledger is for smaller daily amounts, altcoins, and whatever crwth is interested in. Ledger has greater support for altcoins and more 3rd-party services and partnerships, which might fall into the "managing crypto" category. 
Well, I both use them in terms of being used but it's just that Trezor is being turned on most of the time. So I guess it's okay? I haven't fully thought about it yet  Shocked

legendary
September 20, 2022, 04:10:24 AM

I'm surprised no one has posted a review for the Nano S Plus! Should I order it for fun and make a short review?
Maybe dkbit98 will do it, he is a big fan of the Nano franchise.

What are you going to do with it after that? Seems like a waste of money just leaving it to collect dust.
It's not recommended to purchase HWs from non-official sources, but maybe you might find someone on the forum who would be interested in purchasing a slightly used Nano S Plus after your review for a discount.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
September 19, 2022, 02:48:49 PM
One is for managing crypto, and the other is for HODLing only. Guess which one is which  Tongue

legendary
September 19, 2022, 09:53:50 AM
It's been a while since someone decided to play. I will add your HWs to the list.
You only shared that one picture, but judging by the casings, they seem to be in good condition. I see something that looks like color residue or ink on the "Z" and "R" characters on the Trezor. How long have you had them and have you had any issues with the devices?

When you say "manage crypto" are we talking about day-to-day operations or what does that mean to you?
I hope the seeds are unique on each HW.  Grin

How would they do in a head-to-head battle? What do you like with the Trezor that you don't like with the Ledger and vice versa?
copper member
September 19, 2022, 09:40:53 AM
I just saw this thread from this post, and I would like to show off mine. One Ledger X and One Trezor Model T

I wanted to try these two popular wallets because they have different purposes for me. One is for managing crypto, and the other is for HODLing only. Guess which one is which  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
FOCUS
July 15, 2022, 05:07:06 AM
Thanks for taking part and showing us your hardware wallets. It's been a long time since someone did. Smiley
You mentioned your USB flash drives a few times. Have you by any chance stored your recovery phrase on these drives, and are those digital copies the only backups you have of your seed? Have you made proper physical backups on paper?
Yes! Recovery phrases are on those USB flash drives, I have multiple and I spread it on those sticks. I also added a layer of password that I myself only knew so that even if someone finds my usb flash drive, They can't access the seed/recovery phrases that easily. I have paper backup bundled on those flash drives I can access it incase I got into an accident that makes fall into amnesia. My instructions are designed to myself. I know I'm a bit tricky on my wallets but it's what I am.

I can say that I'm ready whenever a fire got into my house, If ever I got an amnesia, be victimized by a robbery or have floods in my house.
legendary
July 15, 2022, 04:37:02 AM
Thanks for taking part and showing us your hardware wallets. It's been a long time since someone did. Smiley
You mentioned your USB flash drives a few times. Have you by any chance stored your recovery phrase on these drives, and are those digital copies the only backups you have of your seed? Have you made proper physical backups on paper?
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
FOCUS
July 15, 2022, 03:00:20 AM
I'm a little bit late but yeah I have these few devices which consist of 1 ledger nano S, 1 Trezor one, couple of flashdrives.

I got my Ledger Nano S around 2017 as far as I remember, I acquired it from my friend who is a reseller of ledger in my country before. This is were I store majority of my bitcoins, There's no problem encountered in the past except for the physical connection because of the age of included cable.

I acquired the Trezor one during 2021 bull run, It was pretty new honestly. Plastic is still intact. I stored most of my altcoins here that I decided to keep for long term. This also become my wallet for NFT games such as axie infinity.

and I have couple of flashdrives, I have more actually. It's stored in safe places I know so if there's anything happened to my house like having my house burned on fire or robbery I will still have my keys on me.

One reason I bought another wallet (trezor one) is because of the insufficient memory capacity of my ledger nano S. I find it hard to store multiple coins in a single hardware wallet so I decided to buy Trezor one.

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 5630
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
July 11, 2022, 09:36:08 AM
...and the S Plus is twice as cheap.

I paid about $90 for the X, and the S Plus is now about $80, so in retrospect, I don't think I did a bad job when I bought it at 35% off. I considered it a long-term investment in security, and I still think it's a very good device, although I would have acted differently if I had known how careless Ledger is with its users' data.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
July 11, 2022, 08:18:13 AM
Considering that only a few users have posted so far, perhaps it's time to find them from other threads
I agree with you on this, we have five pages talking mostly about things that have nothing to do with hardware wallet showing-off, and Pmalek just revived it with one more unrelated old news post, I guess that is a skill also Cheesy
legendary
July 11, 2022, 07:19:39 AM
Given that I own both models (S&X), I can say that the X is a much better device for me personally because it has a much larger screen, storage that does not limit the user with the number of installed apps or the size of the new firmware, and better quality construction compared to the S. If you had the chance to try it, I believe you would change your mind.
I have never had issues with the build quality of my Nano S. It's obviously cheap and could break easily, but just be careful with it. I don't hold my kid's hand the same way I hold a dumbbell. I don't cut salami the way I chop wood. You just adapt to the situation and apply different pressures. Would be good if the old Nano S could cope with at least 4-5 apps at the same time, but it's such a simple process to switch it up that it isn't worth mentioning.

Looking at a head2head between a Nano S Plus and the Nano X, they both have the memory to store the same amount of apps at the same time, they have the same display size, similar ST33 chips (maybe dkbit98 has more info about the differences between a ST33K1M5 and a ST33J2M0), with the Nano S Plus missing Bluetooth support and a battery, and the S Plus is twice as cheap.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 5630
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
July 11, 2022, 06:31:46 AM
I would never go for the Nano X over the older Nano S. Looking at how good my Nano S has served me in all these years, I didn't make a mistake when I bought it.

Given that I own both models (S&X), I can say that the X is a much better device for me personally because it has a much larger screen, storage that does not limit the user with the number of installed apps or the size of the new firmware, and better quality construction compared to the S. If you had the chance to try it, I believe you would change your mind.

I was never a fan of the Nano Xs Bluetooth feature or the battery and we can see the problems the battery has caused with the latest batches. The Nano S Plus seems better to me than the X if it weren't for the missing support for a whole bunch of assets. Not that I need that support because I have very few altcoins, but just the idea that they forgot to add it or didn't do it intentionally to be able to release it as soon as possible, gives me a bad feeling and makes me question what else they might have forgotten or intentionally left out? 

The Bluetooth option is anyway only for those who want to use HW on the go in combination with a smartphone and does not represent any security or any other problem for those who use the X in a classic way - while I never had any problems with the battery. I can't say anything specific about the S Plus because I'm honestly not interested, but it's just an upgraded version of the S and I honestly doubt it's better than the X in any way.
Pages:
Jump to: