Pages:
Author

Topic: Show off your hardware wallet - page 2. (Read 1968 times)

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 7007
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
April 24, 2023, 06:46:02 AM
OP- what are your exact plans for this "project"...to just list recommended wallets?  Might be nice to have a section for wallets NOT recommended?
The idea was never to offer a list of recommended or non-recommended wallets. There are already such collections, like Ratimov's [BIG LIST] Hardware wallets (80+) or our regularly updated Croatian version, [VELIKA LISTA] Hardverski novčanici (80+). I was just interested in finding out what hardware wallets users of Bitcointalk use, why, and how they look.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 2973
April 23, 2023, 03:59:44 PM
OP- what are your exact plans for this "project"...to just list recommended wallets?  Might be nice to have a section for wallets NOT recommended?

I've got other wallets I'll share with you soon to help build your list.  Still kinda need to know your criteria, but I'm happy to start helping lend a hand with this..I like the idea of what you're doing here!

All I can remember is it came from Germany and is a USB stick of some sort, with a page of directions written in German. Another eBay find years back.
Perhaps there's a logo or something on the direction page that could help us trace it back to its origin...

Edit : damn, can’t find shit on crypto guard via google either.
I did manage to find an inactive crypto-related website with that name, but it used to sell one of those metal backup plates [I couldn't find an earlier archive version from the time you purchased it, but perhaps they were selling such things in the past]:

• MyCryptoGuard.com [it's being redirected from CryptoGuard.me and they seemed to be from Switzerland and AFAIK, German is one of its official languages (does any of these websites ring any bells?)]

I have a “master list” thread here buried in collectibles sub, it was for all things collectibles and one of my lists on is hardware wallets.  I think my list was up to 40-50 links to different wallets.
Unfortunately, it doesn't mention anything about Crypto Guard: Collectibles/Wallets/NFTs/News- Master Website List

From my ebay "buy again" list.. (nothing safer they say lol)

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 2575
April 23, 2023, 01:28:00 PM
All I can remember is it came from Germany and is a USB stick of some sort, with a page of directions written in German. Another eBay find years back.
Perhaps there's a logo or something on the direction page that could help us trace it back to its origin...
I've invested some time looking for anything related with this wallet and the only thing that I was able to find out is this[1] ebay.nl listing showing the same product that Chi purchased:
Sadly the listing doesn't exists anymore, and I'm not able to find the listing seller as there isn't any archived page on WayBackMachine as well...

[1]https://www.ebay.nl/itm/BITCOIN-LITECOIN-CRYPTO-GUARD-PASSWORD-PROTECT-HARDWARE-WALLET-USB-THUMBDRIVE/392893014585
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3368
Crypto Swap Exchange
April 23, 2023, 06:54:02 AM

Edit : damn, can’t find shit on crypto guard via google either.
I did manage to find an inactive crypto-related website with that name, but it used to sell one of those metal backup plates [I couldn't find an earlier archive version from the time you purchased it, but perhaps they were selling such things in the past]:

• MyCryptoGuard.com [it's being redirected from CryptoGuard.me and they seemed to be from Switzerland and AFAIK, German is one of its official languages (does any of these websites ring any bells?)]

I have a “master list” thread here buried in collectibles sub, it was for all things collectibles and one of my lists on is hardware wallets.  I think my list was up to 40-50 links to different wallets.
Unfortunately, it doesn't mention anything about Crypto Guard: Collectibles/Wallets/NFTs/News- Master Website List
legendary
April 23, 2023, 02:56:40 AM
Im no Mr Robot, as much as I wish I was! So it very well may have been a scamming tool. I will certainly not be sticking it in any pcs of mine (maybe my work pc..kidding).
Since I have no idea if it's a genuine hardware wallet or not and Google doesn't either, I am going to remove it from the table for everyone's sake. I don't want its name up there with real hardware wallets so as not to give anyone any wrong ideas.
legendary
April 23, 2023, 02:19:20 AM
If eBay didn’t decide to once again highly limit your purchase history, I’d happily tell you what I paid. I know absolutely nothing about it. I of course never used it, but I was an idiot and plugged it in my pc just to see if it lit up. Thankfully I never used that pc for anything sensitive.
Wait, is that Crypto Guard some sort of fake/scam device or what am I missing. Was its whole purpose to infect a computer, steal sensitive information, etc.?

Few fake Trezors (I don’t own them but figured I’d share).
I have seen pictures of those before. I think those mini Trezors are Russian. Allegedly, they are based on Trezor's original code, but who knows if that is true or not. They might be genuine cheap copies of Trezor One's for the Russian market, but they may as well have malicious code in them. I have no idea if anyone ever checked the code of those devices in depth.  

Im no Mr Robot, as much as I wish I was! So it very well may have been a scamming tool. I will certainly not be sticking it in any pcs of mine (maybe my work pc..kidding).

I posted those fake (and yes Russian) wallets to the Trezor sub Reddit several years back. I’d love one for my collection, but of course I don’t support that bs. I also remember reading it apparently had their same code, but yeah who knows nor does it really matter right,

Edit : damn, can’t find shit on crypto guard via google either. I’ll have to ask Charlie about it again. I have a “master list” thread here buried in collectibles sub, it was for all things collectibles and one of my lists on is hardware wallets.  I think my list was up to 40-50 links to different wallets. I haven’t updated it in a few years , but I know at this point there’s been several hundred hardware wallets made (tho imo it’s Trezor or Cold Card ftw)
legendary
April 22, 2023, 02:55:09 AM
If eBay didn’t decide to once again highly limit your purchase history, I’d happily tell you what I paid. I know absolutely nothing about it. I of course never used it, but I was an idiot and plugged it in my pc just to see if it lit up. Thankfully I never used that pc for anything sensitive.
Wait, is that Crypto Guard some sort of fake/scam device or what am I missing. Was its whole purpose to infect a computer, steal sensitive information, etc.?

Few fake Trezors (I don’t own them but figured I’d share).
I have seen pictures of those before. I think those mini Trezors are Russian. Allegedly, they are based on Trezor's original code, but who knows if that is true or not. They might be genuine cheap copies of Trezor One's for the Russian market, but they may as well have malicious code in them. I have no idea if anyone ever checked the code of those devices in depth. 
legendary
April 21, 2023, 12:26:20 PM
I showed the BTC/LTC one to Charlie Lee and I believe he said he’d never seen it, so probably pretty rare.
Same here... It reminded me of the good old days when block erupters were still a thing... I had no luck finding anything about it, but it looks exactly the same as this "crystal USB flash drive". Does it also glow when it's connected?

I’ve got a few block erupters, the cool one is also a btc/LTC mix.

I have never seen that Crypto Guard hardware wallet before in my life. It seems like the Internet doesn't know anything about it either when you enter that name in a Google search. What do I call it? Is Crypto Guard the whole name for it? Is there a website or other source with more info about this device? I am curious what the price of it was.

If eBay didn’t decide to once again highly limit your purchase history, I’d happily tell you what I paid. I know absolutely nothing about it. I of course never used it, but I was an idiot and plugged it in my pc just to see if it lit up. Thankfully I never used that pc for anything sensitive. It was around 2015-2016 ish when I bought it.

Few fake Trezors (I don’t own them but figured I’d share). I’ll keep looking for that other one I have that’s super weird. All I can remember is it came from Germany and is a USB stick of some sort, with a page of directions written in German. Another eBay find years back.

legendary
April 21, 2023, 11:49:45 AM
I have never seen that Crypto Guard hardware wallet before in my life. It seems like the Internet doesn't know anything about it either when you enter that name in a Google search. What do I call it? Is Crypto Guard the whole name for it? Is there a website or other source with more info about this device? I am curious what the price of it was.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3368
Crypto Swap Exchange
April 21, 2023, 11:24:01 AM
I showed the BTC/LTC one to Charlie Lee and I believe he said he’d never seen it, so probably pretty rare.
Same here... It reminded me of the good old days when block erupters were still a thing... I had no luck finding anything about it, but it looks exactly the same as this "crystal USB flash drive". Does it also glow when it's connected?
legendary
April 21, 2023, 10:44:25 AM
I’ve got a decent collection of them and one I just spent an hour trying to find that I bet no one here has seen before but I can’t find the damn thing. It’s the strangest HWW I’ve ever seen.

Here’s my two most unique ones outside of that one that escapes me atm.

I showed the BTC/LTC one to Charlie Lee and I believe he said he’d never seen it, so probably pretty rare. The other is one of if not the biggest crypto ponzi ever. Pretty sure bigger than bitconnect etc. Partially why I don’t like  Ledgers..have some integrity and take 5 seconds to see if the coin you’re making a wallet for is a scam or not. It’s incredibly easy to spot them, as many of you surely know.

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 7471
🔐Icarus CEO💳
April 21, 2023, 10:04:28 AM
with this post i would like to introduce you to my hw Grin
here it is, as you can easily recognize, the Ledger nano x variant. which i bought 1-2 years ago to then hold all my coins there.
the complete seed (which is immortalized on a steel plate produced by willi9974) is also very well stored.
of course both things are in two different places Wink

Activity: 1442
Merit: 771
January 15, 2023, 09:31:03 AM
I want to show off the hardware wallet I currently have.
Thanks for chipping in.

This is the first SafePal device that will find its way into the table. It's quite a big product compared with the Nano S or the Trezor One. I feel like it could have been equipped with a larger screen. It kind of reminds me of a Sony digital camera I have with the buttons layout.

Any comparisons between the three products?
Does one have something you absolutely love/hate that the others are missing?
Do you feel more comfortable using one compared to the others?
What is your overall rating of the software and hardware of the wallets you own?
More exactly like the layout on Digital Sony, SafePal is also equipped with it, but it's quite elegant because it's physically wide enough because there is a screen + button + camera.

SafePal, I don't know the reason but no one else has except me, more on hardware Nano Ledger and also Trezor which I often hear when they hang out with me.

Well, I feel that the hardware of one of them includes the two hardware currently owned by Nano Ledger and Trezor while SafePal is a little hot physically when activated for more than 5 minutes, the battery runs out quickly if it's not in use or even when it's dead.
Feel comfortable Nano and Trezor.

Nano Ledger S 4/5
Trezor One 4/5
SafePal 3/5
legendary
January 14, 2023, 03:58:03 AM
Thanks for chipping in.

This is the first SafePal device that will find its way into the table. It's quite a big product compared with the Nano S or the Trezor One. I feel like it could have been equipped with a larger screen. It kind of reminds me of a Sony digital camera I have with the buttons layout.

Any comparisons between the three products?
Does one have something you absolutely love/hate that the others are missing?
Do you feel more comfortable using one compared to the others?
What is your overall rating of the software and hardware of the wallets you own?
Activity: 1442
Merit: 771
January 13, 2023, 03:08:25 PM

1. Ledger Nano S - This hardware was given to a friend as a gift in mid-2019. This device is still working and continues to be used to HODL the bitcoins that I bought during dips or lump-sums so far.
Still in pretty good physical condition with a few scuffs but that doesn't affect anything.

2. Trezor Model One - This is purchased in 2021, this is also to store bitcoin from DCA results which I continue to do every week - month, and indeed I distinguish between buying bitcoins with lump-sum and DCA I differentiate between the two hardware wallet.

3. SafePal S1 - just bought a few days ago, this is only for altcoin needs, (sometimes I hate altcoins) but for short term I think it's fine. LOL

Activity: 11
Merit: 2
January 12, 2023, 08:04:26 PM
I know, I am aware of it. Thing is, I am not able to post pictures because I have a newb account. Otherwise I would have done the same as everyone else...
Don't worry about the pictures and your newbie account. If you want to write a review explaining a little bit about your setup, then go ahead. Make a new post, write what you want, upload the images to Imgur and place the links in your post where you would like to have those pictures visible. I will quote it for visibility, so the pictures can be seen on the forum.

Then when you rank up to Jr. Member, you can post images without restrictions. You can already place them in img quotes, and when you get promoted to a higher rank they will pop up.

Gotcha, but honestly I have built too many to share in one post that's why I shared my Telegram chat which has almost all the possible DIY bitcoin projects shared in there (pics+info). Jade, Specter DIY, Seedsigner, Krux, Bowser wallet, LetheKit, LochaMesh, etc. I usually create a thread on Twitter each time I build something to explain the process simply if anyone else wants to try.
legendary
January 04, 2023, 03:51:00 AM
I know, I am aware of it. Thing is, I am not able to post pictures because I have a newb account. Otherwise I would have done the same as everyone else...
Don't worry about the pictures and your newbie account. If you want to write a review explaining a little bit about your setup, then go ahead. Make a new post, write what you want, upload the images to Imgur and place the links in your post where you would like to have those pictures visible. I will quote it for visibility, so the pictures can be seen on the forum.

Then when you rank up to Jr. Member, you can post images without restrictions. You can already place them in img quotes, and when you get promoted to a higher rank they will pop up.
January 04, 2023, 02:12:27 AM
FYI there are different DIY bitcoin hardware wallets...
I know there are. I am aware of them. We have a thread on this forum with Open Source Hardware Wallets and DIY solutions are part of it. If you have a hardware wallet you built yourself, do the same as everyone else. Post a few pictures of it, give us some feedback based on your use of the device, and you can also explain how hard/easy it was for you to build it.
legendary
January 03, 2023, 03:26:46 AM
FYI there are different DIY bitcoin hardware wallets...
I know there are. I am aware of them. We have a thread on this forum with Open Source Hardware Wallets and DIY solutions are part of it. If you have a hardware wallet you built yourself, do the same as everyone else. Post a few pictures of it, give us some feedback based on your use of the device, and you can also explain how hard/easy it was for you to build it.
January 03, 2023, 12:47:45 AM
FYI there are different DIY bitcoin hardware wallets displayed in this Telegram chat: t.me/DIYbitcoin

I'm most partial to the Specter DIY, then Krux. I like how Krux has several options for devices. If you want something simple, just get the Maix Amigo, but if you really want to DIY you can build the Maix Dock (soldering involved). Just need to print a case for it now! https://t.me/DIYbitcoin/4839
Pages:
Jump to: