Pages:
Author

Topic: SierraChart bridge - Realtime Bitcoin charts [v0.5] (MtGox, Intersango, ...) - page 23. (Read 142223 times)

Activity: 418
Merit: 250
You should not connect to data feed, just open file from data directory.

a) Do you see some data in mtgoxUSD.scid?
b) Do you open that file using File -> New/Open intraday chart ?

Edit:
c) Are you sure that directory is called SierraCharts?

I didn't click anything to connect to any data feed, I followed the directions that said "New / Open IntraDay Chart"

mtgoxUSD.scid is a little less than four megabytes, and using notepad I can see that there is indeed data inside.

I installed to J:\SierraChart , and when I couldn't get it to work even using the -d commandswitch, I moved it to my SSD, C:\SierraChart

No change, unfortunately.

sadface.png
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
Anyone know why after doing all the steps (except for installing on J:\SierraCharts instead of C:\SierraCharts) , after loading the file I only get a black chart? No lines, no green, no red, nothing?

I did the -d J:\SierraCharts commandline option on the bridge

-------------------------

Edit: I moved everything to the c drive to see if it would work, still the same problem.

The Message Log says this:

Starting real-time intraday chart updates for mtgoxUSD | 2011-06-06  22:19:20

Real-time data for symbol mtgoxUSD is temporarily unavailable. | 2011-06-06  22:19:20

You should not connect to data feed, just open file from data directory.

a) Do you see some data in mtgoxUSD.scid?
b) Do you open that file using File -> New/Open intraday chart ?

Edit:
c) Are you sure that directory is called SierraCharts?
Activity: 418
Anyone know why after doing all the steps (except for installing on J:\SierraCharts instead of C:\SierraCharts) , after loading the file I only get a black chart? No lines, no green, no red, nothing?

I did the -d J:\SierraCharts commandline option on the bridge

-------------------------

Edit: I moved everything to the c drive to see if it would work, still the same problem.

The Message Log says this:

Starting real-time intraday chart updates for mtgoxUSD | 2011-06-06  22:19:20

Real-time data for symbol mtgoxUSD is temporarily unavailable. | 2011-06-06  22:19:20
Activity: 176
Merit: 106
XMR = BTC in 2010. Rise chikun.
As time passes, I am realizing just how awesome bitcoin really is, and the true economic freedom it brings Smiley
Activity: 548
Merit: 502
So much code.
@zhalox Thanks very much!

I also agree with what you've said about brokerages / fees etc., and when I talk with my friends about MtGox, I mention to them what it costs to have a seat at a United States exchange. It's really great that normal traders can access these exchanges without paying $50k / month!
Thanks Clark, your work is much appreciated, and I've benefited from it!  I just sent you a 0.50 BTC donation, and am looking forward to seeing your Level 2/depth of market implementation  Smiley
So much code.
I am working on the Level II quote (depth of market) at the present, and it will be ready sometime in the next few weeks. Stay tuned.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
Thanks slush!

I just use the sierrachartfeed by itself, it's much simpler for me XD
Is there a way to make a feed like that, except displaying the highest bid and lowest ask? Maybe 3 columns so both of those and the price display at the same time.
Absolutely awesome, this is a dream come true! Thanks to you both, slush & Clark, I love these positive developments!

On a personal note, I'm a college student who has traded stocks for the past few years, and am tired of being treated unfairly by deceptive hedge funds, big banks, etc. & being charged broker's fees for real time data with market depth, time & sales feeds, well as real time charting, but now, I'm so excited to see that Bitcoin is truly the people's currency, now with free streaming data!  Grin
So much code.
If you're looking for a simple web interface to the Time & Sales, try this:

http://bitcoin.clarkmoody.com/time-sales/

The site is formatted so as to be easily reduced to a narrow window for the side of your monitor. It's not a desktop application, but it uses the same WebSockets interface, so the data should be just as fast.

I've also got a depth of market display in the works.

This could be a nice holdover until trading GUI is done for the desktop app.
legendary
Slush, thanks so much for your awesome job in writing the mtgoxUSD chart feeder for this nice piece of software, it's a great tool and I'm loving it - I've got all my Bitcoin charts tweaked & customized to my liking  Grin

I do have some questions though - I would like to know if it is possible for the software to be capable of displaying the live streaming market depth bids & asks, along with their sizes & prices, in addition to a live streaming time & sales list (recent trade history) using the Mt. Gox API's (I don't know whether or not these specific API's exist, it's just an idea that popped into my head...).  I'm not entirely sure how to set these features up within Sierra Chart even if it is possible though.  I think I saw an option for one of these features within Sierra Chart, but I didn't know how to configure it.

Hello, this afternoon I have meeting with one guy skilled in desktop development. He's interested in providing some rich trading GUI on top of this sierrachart feed. So maybe it will be possible soon Smiley.
Slush, thanks so much for your awesome job in writing the mtgoxUSD chart feeder for this nice piece of software, it's a great tool and I'm loving it - I've got all my Bitcoin charts tweaked & customized to my liking  Grin

I do have some questions though - I would like to know if it is possible for the software to be capable of displaying the live streaming market depth bids & asks, along with their sizes & prices, in addition to a live streaming time & sales list (recent trade history) using the Mt. Gox API's (I don't know whether or not these specific API's exist, it's just an idea that popped into my head...).  I'm not entirely sure how to set these features up within Sierra Chart even if it is possible though.  I think I saw an option for one of these features within Sierra Chart, but I didn't know how to configure it.
legendary
Actually I just got it after like 10 attempted downloads on multiple PC's.

I'm solving it with server support, should get better soon...
Actually I just got it after like 10 attempted downloads on multiple PC's.
Activity: 254
The sierrachartfeed-0.2.exe file is not downloading properly for me, I'm getting about 20kb/s download for a few seconds which then stops, and the download will not complete after trying several times.  Would it be possible to upload to another mirror such as MediaFire.com and provide the MD5 or another hash to make sure the downloaded file is officially legit?  Thanks!
give me your email, i'll send you the plugin
The sierrachartfeed-0.2.exe file is not downloading properly for me, I'm getting about 20kb/s download for a few seconds which then stops, and the download will not complete after trying several times.  Would it be possible to upload to another mirror such as MediaFire.com and provide the MD5 or another hash to make sure the downloaded file is officially legit?  Thanks!
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
I was able to run this on Ubuntu 11.04, 32 bit with Wine 1.3.15 with the latest Sierra Chart.

The only problem I ran into was that I had to install .NET Framework service pack 2 from the db apps section and even though it had some kind of error during the install I just clicked exit and the the sierrachartfeed-0.2.exe worked.

Pretty cool deal, thanks slush!

CoinMan
Activity: 365
Is there any chance to build a similar data feed for the BitcoinMarket.com?

Im from south america and is impossible to add funds on mtgox because the huges fees i have to pay to convert paypal to liberty reserve and then mt gox.

If not i'll just wait for some major entry points on mt gox and perform the buying on the bitcoinmarket.com which allows Bitcoin for paypal.

Activity: 254
I've noticed that it isn't in real time the data feed, there is an average lag of 4-7 minutes, is it possible to fix it slush?

Are you using the latest version of the exe "sierrachartfeed-0.2.exe"?

The original one lagged pretty bad but the new version seems pretty up to speed to me. It lags a little bit on occasion, but nothing like the first version did.
I missed the update, now it's ok good job! thanks
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
I've noticed that it isn't in real time the data feed, there is an average lag of 4-7 minutes, is it possible to fix it slush?

Are you using the latest version of the exe "sierrachartfeed-0.2.exe"?

The original one lagged pretty bad but the new version seems pretty up to speed to me. It lags a little bit on occasion, but nothing like the first version did.
Pages:
Jump to: