Pages:
Author

Topic: SierraChart bridge - Realtime Bitcoin charts [v0.5] (MtGox, Intersango, ...) - page 25. (Read 142223 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
Now hook it up to the MTGox API so we can trade off of chart clicks and then we'll be getting somewhere.

I must say that I never used Sierrachart DOM, it's pretty new feature. I also failed in finding API documentation and doubt that it will work on expired trial Sad.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
this is good but does it do realtime during off hours (NYSE closing) or in middle of night?

Of course. This is absolutely independent on any external subject. Actually script is downloading data from mtgox (using web services) and storing them to Sierrachart's proprietary dataformat to local disk. SierraChart then update graph (in realtime) from this file...

i downloaded it this afternoon successfully but the feed stopped at 11:00.  there is a green "OL" at bottom right of chart; i assume i'm still logged on but its stuck at this time for some reason?
legendary
this is good but does it do realtime during off hours (NYSE closing) or in middle of night?

Of course. This is absolutely independent on any external subject. Actually script is downloading data from mtgox (using web services) and storing them to Sierrachart's proprietary dataformat to local disk. SierraChart then update graph (in realtime) from this file...
legendary
That is awesome.

Now hook it up to the MTGox API so we can trade off of chart clicks and then we'll be getting somewhere.

what is the mtgox API?
legendary
it is a commercial software, once the trial period is over you can still use some basic function and charting too with slush plugin.

Thanks for making this clear. Yes, this mtgox plugin and realtime charting work even with expired trial of SierraChart.

very cool.  was worried about that.  i will use it!
legendary
legendary
I have no idea how many people is using this stuff - please let me know!
legendary
it is a commercial software, once the trial period is over you can still use some basic function and charting too with slush plugin.

Thanks for making this clear. Yes, this mtgox plugin and realtime charting work even with expired trial of SierraChart.
legendary
Version 0.2 is out. It uses another, more stable websocket library. Feed should be more stable and much faster now.

Btw - do you know any good service like github, but for mercurial? I like social layer of github, but prefer hg...
Activity: 254
Merit: 250
Sierra Chart forces me to make an account before even entering that program's main interface. Embarrassed   Are there any versions of Sierra Chart that I can use to chart the mtgox Bitcoin market that do not require a username and password?
Activity: 176
Merit: 106
XMR = BTC in 2010. Rise chikun.
Sierra Chart forces me to make an account before even entering that program's main interface. Embarrassed   Are there any versions of Sierra Chart that I can use to chart the mtgox Bitcoin market that do not require a username and password?
legendary
It does not work in Linux (Wine+Mono). Sad

Try older releases - main charting functionality is the same. In later releases they added mainly DOM and trading functionality (which is disabled anyway on mtgox).

Last version I tested on Linux is 559 (details: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=18961), maybe some newer version will work, too.

List of sierrachart releases: http://www.sierrachart.com/index.php?l=SCInstallerList.php
legendary
sgornick, tcatm: I'll create some repo and add maybe add support for realtime feeds from bitcoincharts in next release.
legendary
Nice. can you still use it after the Trial Package expires?

Yes, AFAIK feed will be working after trial expired, too. I'm running paid version right now, but I remember that my licence once expired and charting still worked well.
legendary
Site is running again, sorry for troubles.

Actually I found a bug in the sierrachart feed; updates are more and more delayed. I'm thinking about bug in used websocket library (I already had to fix that crappy code), because my code is pretty trivial and MagicalTux claimed his side is definitely working well. I'll try to investigate it soon...
Activity: 254
Merit: 250
  • 2. Download SierraChart feed for MtGox market.
Can't download "502 Bad Gateway"
me2, doesnt work,slush fix it plz!!
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
  • 2. Download SierraChart feed for MtGox market.
Can't download "502 Bad Gateway"
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Nice. can you still use it after the Trial Package expires?
LZ
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1072
P2P Cryptocurrency
It does not work in Linux (Wine+Mono). Sad

Code:
Method ':_WinMainCRTStartup ()' in assembly 'C:\SierraChart\SierraChart.exe' contains native code that cannot be executed by Mono in modules loaded from byte arrays. The assembly was probably created using C++/CLI.

Method ':.DoDllLanguageSupportValidation ()' in assembly 'C:\SierraChart\SierraChart.exe' contains native code that cannot be executed by Mono in modules loaded from byte arrays. The assembly was probably created using C++/CLI.

Method ':.ThrowModuleLoadException (string,System.Exception)' in assembly 'C:\SierraChart\SierraChart.exe' contains native code that cannot be executed by Mono in modules loaded from byte arrays. The assembly was probably created using C++/CLI.
Activity: 337
Merit: 265
@slush: can you add support for other symbols?
Pages:
Jump to: