Pages:
Author

Topic: SkepsiDyne Integrated Node - The Bitcoin Mining Company - page 23. (Read 104236 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
This should be made part of an automated service so the merchant doesn't HAVE to think about this kind of thing.

Nefario.

This is only possible if you can sell the same amount of btc excactly at the time (pref. before) the transaction takes place.
The "sell now" price would be (x%) lower then the btc value and ideally the loss would be covered by the fees that the clients pay.
I think this is only possible if you have a lot of coins.

It's possible with options.
legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC
This should be made part of an automated service so the merchant doesn't HAVE to think about this kind of thing.

Nefario.

This is only possible if you can sell the same amount of btc excactly at the time (pref. before) the transaction takes place.
The "sell now" price would be (x%) lower then the btc value and ideally the loss would be covered by the fees that the clients pay.
I think this is only possible if you have a lot of coins.
For starters the most important thing for you personally would be to be able to buy hardware at competitive market prices in Bitcoin. Right?

Maybe try to write to a few stores and give some examples of other bigger early adopters (Wuala, uploaded.to, cablesaurus...).

I would lose my mind if Newegg, Amazon, or TigerDirect started accepting BTC.  May start a thread about it in the mining forum and get a lot of people to send emails.

Hmmm, please do not start this thread because it's to soon... handeling bitcoins is way to difficult for large companies, they don't need coins that can drop in value overnight.
Maybe if there is a company that guarantees a bitcoin-$-euro convertion rate.

If I were a merchant, I would have it set up so that when people bought something with BTC, I would sell an equal number of BTC immediately to ensure exchange rate.  I would hold on to very few actual coins.

Nefario.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I have always been afraid of banks.
For starters the most important thing for you personally would be to be able to buy hardware at competitive market prices in Bitcoin. Right?

Maybe try to write to a few stores and give some examples of other bigger early adopters (Wuala, uploaded.to, cablesaurus...).

I would lose my mind if Newegg, Amazon, or TigerDirect started accepting BTC.  May start a thread about it in the mining forum and get a lot of people to send emails.

Hmmm, please do not start this thread because it's to soon... handeling bitcoins is way to difficult for large companies, they don't need coins that can drop in value overnight.

If I were a merchant, I would have it set up so that when people bought something with BTC, I would sell an equal number of BTC immediately to ensure exchange rate.  I would hold on to very few actual coins.
legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC

legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007

These dividends are from July 10 to July 17.  Next dividends will be from the 17th to the 25th.

Dividends have been paid out!  A total of 57.94 BTC was generated.  13.55 BTC was used to pay for electricity.  22.195 BTC was paid out to investors, and an equal amount was reinvested in the company to pay for my shares.  The following is a report detailing SIN purchases and expenses since the last payout:

Money spent on new rigs (1): $1287.73
Money spent on electric bill: $176.26
Total spent: $1463.99

Thanks again to all of the investors!

Very little investment and low price for BTC means we will not be purchasing a new rig for this week.  We will see where we stand next week, hopefully we'll be able to get another rig once we pay out dividends next week!

I would say it would be worth your while in working to increase public knowledge of bitcoin, which as users start buying may help to increase the price bitcoin is traded at.

A very interesting idea!  Unfortunately at this time, the company does not make nearly enough money to launch an advertising campaign, but if anyone has any good ideas on other ways to raise awareness, I'd be happy to hear them!
These dividends are from July 10 to July 17.  Next dividends will be from the 17th to the 25th.

Dividends have been paid out!  A total of 57.94 BTC was generated.  13.55 BTC was used to pay for electricity.  22.195 BTC was paid out to investors, and an equal amount was reinvested in the company to pay for my shares.  The following is a report detailing SIN purchases and expenses since the last payout:

Very little investment and low price for BTC means we will not be purchasing a new rig for this week.  We will see where we stand next week, hopefully we'll be able to get another rig once we pay out dividends next week!

I would say it would be worth your while in working to increase public knowledge of bitcoin, which as users start buying may help to increase the price bitcoin is traded at.

The problem is bitcoind had died, this is something I'm going to fix.

Until then I will be watching it like a hawk.

Back up.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
@Nefario:

Getting the balance is still broken.
Everything should be working now.
Activity: 140
Pray i have more luck. I have to get 24 minint computers online the next 6 weeks with a total of 144 graphics cards. I fear to spend weeks fixing broken stuff.
Activity: 238
Statistical distribution is not normal here, often you have glitches on storage, transport or production.

Too true. Once at a Fry's in Fountain Valley, CA I bought and returned 3 Wifi routers in a row, returning each one for the same damn defect. Driving back and forth to the store was beginning to make them think I was up to something, but in fact the entire batch they had received were highly defective. I couldn't believe such a thing was possible at the time, but then I started learning more about how fragile computer parts actually are, and by simply touching them, dropping them or holding them a certain way, in a certain light or at a certain temperature, they can become utterly worthless.

People (like the way I used to be) take computer hardware for granted because it's relatively cheap and over marketed by the major manufacturers in order to keep drumming up business and make it look 'easy' for them. The truth is, we've come a LONG way from the old days of hardware and it's overall pretty fucking amazing how new stuff works. Anyone with even the mildest appreciation for the sensitive and complicated nature of computer hardware will understand completely if 99.9% of it failed, ALL of the time.

Afterall, the internet is powered by magic you know.

I just want to +1 to the FRY's in FV, CA having some serious faulty equipment problems. I know Ive seen some of you guys buying up my cards their...lol, Little did you know, none of them work..muahaha
(funny how we have most likely been huddled around the ati cards hoping the other person didnt get the last 5830 without even knowing the bitcoin affiliation between us).

You didnt get some bad msi 6950's too did you? I ran into someone there that i could swear was a miner.
Hi,

I'm just after getting back online, I'm working on this now.

I'll keep you updated.
Still haven't heard back from Nefario, and the problem is persisting...  I haven't forgotten about it, don't worry!
Currently having an issue getting BTC into my GLBSE account, I've contacted Nefario about the issue and I will be getting out dividends ASAP.
Currently having some internet difficulties, dividends may be delayed until tomorrow.  I will update as soon as everything gets smoothed over.
Activity: 140
Not magic, the bitgnomes. And once they talk to a lawyer they will want to only work 40 hours per week - there goes wow then Wink

Let just hope that the price stagbilizes, I have 80 graphcis cards on the way Wink
Pages:
Jump to: