Pages:
Author

Topic: Slimcoin | First Proof of Burn currency | Decentralized Web - page 2. (Read 136744 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 310
Well as I was here from 2017, I know a lot of quirks of SLM from way back.
I will update Slimcoin AIO package for Windows. As I see my old package doesn't work anymore, probably due to new version of client.
Still those synchronization is pain in the ... Ah, if it would really get an update to anything newer than this 0.5 btc codebase, it could at least be somehow functioning without hiccups.
Activity: 697
Merit: 262
Slimcoin - the Proof of Donation inventors!
Will look later into it, cuz I'm after work.

I'm trying to synchronize my wallet, even tho I had several upgrades and even NVMe drive now - it's still working like it used to work xD

If you need any help with it don't be shy :-)
Will look later into it, cuz I'm after work.

I'm trying to synchronize my wallet, even tho I had several upgrades and even NVMe drive now - it's still working like it used to work xD
Sorry for such long time being away.
I was too much hard worked up with other projects and education (still I am... but finishing it off).
I see that you have salvaged site and placed on different domain.
Good, I forgot to do it completely.
I have changed data a bit on coinpaprika to have new data about domain and discord server: https://coinpaprika.com/coin/slm-slimcoin/ - it has all up-to-date now.

Great!

Would be useful to create a redirect from slimco.in to slimcoin.info.

I've created a list of sites where we'd need to update our info (https://github.com/slimcoin-project/slm-assets/blob/master/links%20list.txt)

Would you have time/wish to work on it?
Sorry for such long time being away.
I was too much hard worked up with other projects and education (still I am... but finishing it off).
I see that you have salvaged site and placed on different domain.
Good, I forgot to do it completely.
I have changed data a bit on coinpaprika to have new data about domain and discord server: https://coinpaprika.com/coin/slm-slimcoin/ - it has all up-to-date now.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035
there is no positive here
i would say neutral
because wallet freezing still present despite the fact that size of wallet decreased to 2 MB
so i complete my experiments and accept everything as it is
2 MB is not that much, I have a wallet that is 72MB with another crypto I'm involved in and it slightly freezes, but another wallet of 13MB I have with them doesn't freeze at all, so maybe we should go on working on this issue for your complete satisfaction, if you can dedicate your time to it.

i never said that wallet freezing depends directly of wallet size
apparently there are some other reasons
nothing else can be done and i don't think it is necessary now
thanks for you and for all and my congratulations for 11 sat price  Wink
i would say neutral
because wallet freezing still present despite the fact that size of wallet decreased to 2 MB

2 MB is not that much, I have a wallet that is 72MB with another crypto I'm involved in and it slightly freezes, but another wallet of 13MB I have with them doesn't freeze at all.

legendary
i would say neutral
@casper how the things are going on your side? Were you able to solve?

miracle things
i extracted 40 addresses by the tool from d5000
when importing privkeys i at last got my real burned amount after 4 of my and after 10 of addresses extracted by tool
but balance is lesser
i put old wallet.dat which shows real balance and send all to another new one
all is very freezy but interesting

My previous "Great!" comment, that was here, was moderated (deleted by some external moderator (since this topic is not moderated by itself)).

Probably from the moderator's point of view one shouldn't be expressing joy, for instance, that something positive happens.

legendary

miracle things
i extracted 40 addresses by the tool from d5000
when importing privkeys i at last got my real burned amount after 4 of my and after 10 of addresses extracted by tool
but balance is lesser
i put old wallet.dat which shows real balance and send all to another new one
all is very freezy but interesting
Can't reproduce your error, on my computer it works fine. I guess your text file where the dump was saved has an error, there seems to be a comma missing. Maybe you saved it manually from the terminal output?
Try to dump again with pywallet:
Code:
python2 pywallet.py --datadir=`pwd`/datadir --dumpwallet > walletdump.json
Code:
python3 cryptoidlookup.py walletdump.json
PS: The command can take some time, there is an intentional 15 sec pause between addresses to avoid the server rejects your requests. So simply leave it alone for a while.

thanks, i started it and prepare to wait for long time
another question - when importing privkeys should i restart wallet after each with --rescan or not necessary ?

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
another question - when importing privkeys should i restart wallet after each with --rescan or not necessary ?
Normally only one rescan should be necessary after you imported all keys. Even if something went wrong: as long as you still have your old wallet file and the dump with the privkeys everything can be recovered.
legendary
Can't reproduce your error, on my computer it works fine. I guess your text file where the dump was saved has an error, there seems to be a comma missing. Maybe you saved it manually from the terminal output?
Code:
Code:
PS: The command can take some time, there is an intentional 15 sec pause between addresses to avoid the server rejects your requests. So simply leave it alone for a while.

legendary

Code:

Code:

legendary
@casper77: I've coded a small script to do a lookup at block explorer Cryptoid so you can filter out all addresses which have 1) no coins on it and 2) from where you did not burn any coins. Will upload it to Github together with an adapted version of pywallet. Just a moment Smiley
Edit: Uploaded it. It is here:
https://github.com/slimcoin-project/slm-pywallet/
I also included a pywallet.py file with Graham's changes.
To run the lookup script, clone the Git repository and run:
Code:
cryptoidlookup.py PYWALLET_DUMP_FILENAME
(you must have saved the pywallet dump to a text file before)
It will lookup all addresses in the file, and print out those who were used for transactions (including burn transactions). The empty addresses are ignored.

python3 cryptoidlookup.py 2.txt

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cryptoidlookup.py", line 80, in
    main(sys.argv)
  File "cryptoidlookup.py", line 52, in main
    wdump = getdump(args[1])
  File "cryptoidlookup.py", line 44, in getdump
    walletdump = json.load(f)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/json/__init__.py", line 299, in load
    parse_constant=parse_constant, object_pairs_hook=object_pairs_hook, **kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/json/__init__.py", line 354, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/json/decoder.py", line 339, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/json/decoder.py", line 355, in raw_decode
    obj, end = self.scan_once(s, idx)
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting ',' delimiter: line 1129 column 1 (char 40918)
legendary
@casper77: I've coded a small script to do a lookup at block explorer Cryptoid so you can filter out all addresses which have 1) no coins on it and 2) from where you did not burn any coins. Will upload it to Github together with an adapted version of pywallet. Just a moment Smiley

Edit: Uploaded it. It is here:

https://github.com/slimcoin-project/slm-pywallet/

I also included a pywallet.py file with Graham's changes.

To run the lookup script, clone the Git repository and run:

Code:
cryptoidlookup.py PYWALLET_DUMP_FILENAME

(you must have saved the pywallet dump to a text file before)

It will lookup all addresses in the file, and print out those who were used for transactions (including burn transactions). The empty addresses are ignored.

Note: One little oddity is that pywallet uses Python 2 and the cryptoidlookup script Python 3, maybe this can be later changed.

Not really. Use this version from the repos. Save the page as pywallet.py, change addrtype = 0 to addrtype = 63, create a subdirectory datadir, copy your wallet.dat into it and you should be able to get a JSON dump of the wallet keys with:
python2 pywallet.py --datadir=`pwd`/datadir --dumpwallet
(note, Python 2 required).

it works, but too much addresses, maybe 400 or 500
it is impossible to dump privkeys of them all

Hmm...

Do you mean it's too much work to recover 20k?
Or you mean that once you've transferred all of those addresses to your new wallet it may become slow again?
legendary
Not really. Use this version from the repos. Save the page as pywallet.py, change addrtype = 0 to addrtype = 63, create a subdirectory datadir, copy your wallet.dat into it and you should be able to get a JSON dump of the wallet keys with:
python2 pywallet.py --datadir=`pwd`/datadir --dumpwallet
(note, Python 2 required).

it works, but too much addresses, maybe 400 or 500
it is impossible to dump privkeys of them all
Were you able to solve your issue?

still no
i finally moved away from windows and am looking for solutions for linux
it turns out my clients were version 0.5.0
i have two computers, one for mining with a fresh wallet, the other more precious with a lot of burned coins, but very freezy

Have you tried to extract your keys with the tools mentioned above?
legendary
Were you able to solve your issue?

still no
i finally moved away from windows and am looking for solutions for linux
it turns out my clients were version 0.5.0
i have two computers, one for mining with a fresh wallet, the other more precious with a lot of burned coins, but very freezy
Pages:
Jump to: