Pages:
Author

Topic: Slimcoin | First Proof of Burn currency | Decentralized Web - page 3. (Read 136744 times)

Activity: 697
Merit: 262
Slimcoin - the Proof of Donation inventors!
dumping and importing all privkeys in fresh wallet show that i have only 6k burning coins instead of 20k really
Can you still access the old wallet file, at least for a short time? So you can get a complete list of your addresses?
I guess your list of imported private keys is incomplete ... which command did you use to see the addresses? The list in the qt wallet or the command listaddressgroupings?
Try listaddressgroupings (in the Debug console or with the slimcoind daemon) and check if there is any address missing where you still have to import the private key into the new wallet. listaddressgroupings (afaik) lists all addresses which were used at least once to send coins, so the addresses to access your burned coins should be definitively there.

listaddressgroupings
Method not found (code -32601)

i just open my wallet.dat in notepad and found all addresses by searching for word "name"

Were you able to solve your issue?
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
Oh, you're right, I meant importprivkey of course. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
Thanks gjhiggins, that's awesome! I tried it out and it seems to have worked. I guess "sec" are the private keys (in WIF format probably), right? (So the list printed by this program should definitively not be shared here Wink ).

We could simply fork this version into the slimcoin-project repo and change the datadir and addresstype parameters.

However, one question remains: Is it safe to use also for the
Code:
--importwallet
option? This one seems to write on the wallet file, so it should be used carefully (only with a backup of the wallet).
?? That option isn't supported in the committed version that I used:
Code:
Usage: pywallet.py [options]

Options:
  --version            show program's version number and exit
  -h, --help           show this help message and exit
  --dumpwallet         dump wallet in json format
  --importprivkey=KEY  import private key from vanitygen
  --datadir=DATADIR    wallet directory (defaults to bitcoin default)
  --testnet            use testnet subdirectory and address type
  --password=PASSWORD  password for the encrypted wallet
The importprivkey succeeded for me.

I was focused on the original task, dumping privkeys from the wallet.db file, didn't explore further.

Cheers

Graham
legendary
Thanks gjhiggins, that's awesome! I tried it out and it seems to have worked. I guess "sec" are the private keys (in WIF format probably), right? (So the list printed by this program should definitively not be shared here Wink ).

We could simply fork this version into the slimcoin-project repo and change the datadir and addresstype parameters.

However, one question remains: Is it safe to use also for the
Code:
--importprivkey
(edited) option? This one seems to write on the wallet file, so it should be used carefully (only with a backup of the wallet).
legendary
you should be able to get a JSON dump of the wallet keys with:

python2 pywallet.py --datadir=`pwd`/datadir --dumpwallet
Wow! So we basically can use it right away?
Worked for me.

Cheers

Graham
There's another one which is older and described as the "original". If the update to modern code delays, this could be a better option:

https://github.com/joric/pywallet

We'd need a python dev here, right?
Not really. Use this version from the repos. Save the page as pywallet.py, change addrtype = 0 to addrtype = 63, create a subdirectory datadir, copy your wallet.dat into it and you should be able to get a JSON dump of the wallet keys with:

(note, Python 2 required).

Cheers

Graham

Wow! So we basically can use it right away?
legendary
There's another one which is older and described as the "original". If the update to modern code delays, this could be a better option:

Not really. Use this version from the repos. Save the page as pywallet.py, change addrtype = 0 to addrtype = 63, create a subdirectory datadir, copy your wallet.dat into it and you should be able to get a JSON dump of the wallet keys with:

(note, Python 2 required).

Cheers

Graham

legendary
client v6 stucks on win&lin with my old wallet.dat, with size of this over 4mb

Yes, it's an old client and is beginning to struggle when indexing the blockchain and is unresponsive while that is happening. Try leaving it for a day, see if it manages to settle down.

dumping and importing all privkeys in fresh wallet show that i have only 6k burning coins instead of 20k really

Yes, I've experienced temporary misreporting of the burned coins data, I've had to restart the client a couple of times to get accurate reporting in the GUI. Try the console command getburndata, see if that shows the correct burned coins data.

Cheers

Graham
Why not consider it? Especially once we have the PoD token launched.
Where is the code to port?
I think it's this one:

https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet

legendary
I think it's this one:

https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet

...it would be cool to have a proper wallet management tool like pywallet.

legendary
listaddressgroupings
Oh, you're totally right, sorry! Slimcoin doesn't have this command still ... later Bitcoin/Peercoin versions have, thus I was confused ...

In Slimcoin you would have to do two steps:

Code:
listaccounts
and then for each account:
Code:
getaddressesbyaccount ACCOUNT

i just open my wallet.dat in notepad and found all addresses by searching for word "name"
I actually never tried this, looks interesting, will try it with a fresh wallet file. However, it would be cool to have a proper wallet management tool like pywallet.
Can you still access the old wallet file, at least for a short time? So you can get a complete list of your addresses?
I guess your list of imported private keys is incomplete ... which command did you use to see the addresses? The list in the qt wallet or the command listaddressgroupings?
Try listaddressgroupings (in the Debug console or with the slimcoind daemon) and check if there is any address missing where you still have to import the private key into the new wallet. listaddressgroupings (afaik) lists all addresses which were used at least once to send coins, so the addresses to access your burned coins should be definitively there.

listaddressgroupings

What wallet version are you on?
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035

listaddressgroupings

legendary

Is there any external tool to see what is your burned coins amount should be?
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035

I'm not on discord. I'm not a dev too, I could not help.

Grin

Thank you very much, never mind, hopefully we'll be able to find a solution.
Activity: 81
Merit: 5
I'm not on discord. I'm not a dev too, I could not help.
@PeterColumboFalk seems like you server works fine while I've just discovered mine was absolutely of no help in all the months I'm keeping it alive.
Would you please let me see your slimcoin.conf, so I'll be able contribute to the net security with my servers as well?

My conf is very common. The dedicated host is not behind a firewall or router, but has a direct connection to the internet.

Code:
rpcuser=...
rpcpassword=...
daemon=1
maxconnections=64

I have trouble too. My home staking wallet (v0.6.0 on windows 8.1) does not mint since I restarted it about two months ago. I restarted it some times but no success. And it has only three active connections. It's uptodate with the CryptoID explorer.  I enable minting with the command
Code:
walletpassphrase "XXXXXXXX" 99999999 true

Thank you very much!

Maybe we need to hire a dev to work on these issues. I'm not a dev myself. Maybe you know someone? Let's speak on Discord?
Pages:
Jump to: