Pages:
Author

Topic: Slimcoin | First Proof of Burn currency | Decentralized Web - page 4. (Read 136744 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 5
@PeterColumboFalk seems like you server works fine while I've just discovered mine was absolutely of no help in all the months I'm keeping it alive.
Would you please let me see your slimcoin.conf, so I'll be able contribute to the net security with my servers as well?

My conf is very common. The dedicated host is not behind a firewall or router, but has a direct connection to the internet.

Code:
rpcuser=...
rpcpassword=...
daemon=1
maxconnections=64

I have trouble too. My home staking wallet (v0.6.0 on windows 8.1) does not mint since I restarted it about two months ago. I restarted it some times but no success. And it has only three active connections. It's uptodate with the CryptoID explorer.  I enable minting with the command
Code:
walletpassphrase "XXXXXXXX" 99999999 true
Activity: 697
Merit: 262
Slimcoin - the Proof of Donation inventors!
@PeterColumboFalk seems like you server works fine while I've just discovered mine was absolutely of no help in all the months I'm keeping it alive.
Would you please let me see your slimcoin.conf, so I'll be able contribute to the net security with my servers as well?
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
which colours are diff and hr in wallet ? diff = yellow ?

I don't really know, maybe it's possible to see in the source code?
The one that moves around a lot bluey-purple/rgb(145, 137, 255) is hashrate, the one that moves much less orange/rgb(255, 165, 18)  is difficulty.

Cheers,

Graham

I don't really know, maybe it's possible to see in the source code?
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035
@emrgohff we all are trying hard to help you, but we don't know what results you've got for each of many suggestions we've given.
Would you kindly let us know what you've tried so far and what are your outputs for each action?
legendary
despite being a newbie and maybe that's why I can't report the problems properly
Not newbie:

Name:    emrgohff
Date Registered:    2014-01-21, 10:41:19

And if you can't be bothered to edit your posts properly so that they don't fill up the thread uselessly, I can't be bother to reply in depth.

Step one: close client, restart with -rescan=1 option. Wait until complete.

Step two: Try sending a small (e.g. 0.25) SLM to an address you control.

Stop here. Please report back on whether you can successfully send a tx of 0.25 SLM to yourself.
“Stop here. Please report back on whether you can successfully send a tx of 0.25 SLM to yourself.” Did you follow these instructions?

it is necessary to restart the one in my case it takes about five 30 minutes
That suggests inadequate hardware. This elderly codebase will struggle on old machines.

In short, I don't know why the customer closes after making the transaction and still doesn't understand if using "send coins" gives (Error: Transaction creation failed)
Neither do I, no-one else seems to have this problem, looks like it's an issue with your setup. Try exporting your privkeys and importing them into a fresh wallet. If that doesn't fix the problem, nothing will.

Cheers

Graham

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
gjhiggins: I’ve been following your good work for a while now, at GAPCOIN, where I’ve been enjoying your good work (Gapcoin Core version v0.16.3.0-6defb3bcb-minki (64-bit), but in SLIMCOIN (v0.6.0.0 -g8e9fe2c-alpha) in my opinion the result is not the same and in the negative but you know why.
Sorry to interfere here, but you can't blame gjhiggins for that. The Slimcoin code is very ancient (it is derived from BTC 0.6) and this and implementation errors at the start by the original developer is the root of most problems. The fact that we are having a working blockchain and the coin can even be traded on an exchange after 7 years is mostly his merit, even if he describes himself only as an "occasional contributor" (and I understand perfectly why). The coin was almost completely dead in late 2016.

Fortunately there is hope that the code will see a significant update in the forseeable future Smiley
Activity: 83
Merit: 0
The problem is not in the burned coins but in the

Balance = 41.69 SLM (transactions = 75)
Report = 41.69 SLM (transactions = 75)
Coin Control Features = 0 SLM

Coin control was not a feature of the original Slimcoin clone of Peercoin's clone of Bitcoin 0.6, it was backported later.

By default, the wallet will choose to collate a set of smaller transactions to make up the intended amount. The original clone is of Bitcoin 0.6 and at this early stage of the development of Bitcoin's codebase, this algorithm is very simple, it starts with the smallest tx values in order. As d5000 has already explained, the "Unable to send transactions" means that in order to make up the total you are trying to send, the wallet has to collate a number of transactions that exceeds the encoded limit. The solution is to gradually reduce the UTXO set by sending very small amounts at first, gradually increasing the amount.

Stop here. Please report back on whether you can successfully send a tx of 0.25 SLM to yourself.

If successful, repeat with the amount x 2, continue until "Unable to Send Transaction", go back one step, continue to send that amount repeatedly until all your SLM are collated into a single address.

When I did this, I repeated the exercise, working my way down from my total balance until the tx succeeded.

And thanks for trying to help, but in my opinion it's from the version code, something is working less well in this version.
You might care to back up your opinion by inspecting the source code: https://github.com/slimcoin-project/Slimcoin and identifying the likely cause of your difficulty.

Cheers

Graham

gjhiggins: I’ve been following your good work for a while now, at GAPCOIN, where I’ve been enjoying your good work (Gapcoin Core version v0.16.3.0-6defb3bcb-minki (64-bit), but in SLIMCOIN (v0.6.0.0 -g8e9fe2c-alpha) in my opinion the result is not the same and in the negative but you know why.

Sorry for another annoyance, but my intention is to try to help you with things that I appreciate and like despite being a newbie and maybe that's why I can't report the problems properly and also don't know almost anything about code.

Coin control was not a feature of the original Slimcoin clone of Peercoin's clone of Bitcoin 0.6, it was backported later.

By default, the wallet will choose to collate a set of smaller transactions to make up the intended amount. The original clone is of Bitcoin 0.6 and at this early stage of the development of Bitcoin's codebase, this algorithm is very simple, it starts with the smallest tx values in order. As d5000 has already explained, the "Unable to send transactions" means that in order to make up the total you are trying to send, the wallet has to collate a number of transactions that exceeds the encoded limit. The solution is to gradually reduce the UTXO set by sending very small amounts at first, gradually increasing the amount.

If successful, repeat with the amount x 2, continue until "Unable to Send Transaction", go back one step, continue to send that amount repeatedly until all your SLM are collated into a single address.

When I did this, I repeated the exercise, working my way down from my total balance until the tx succeeded.

And thanks for trying to help, but in my opinion it's from the version code, something is working less well in this version.
You might care to back up your opinion by inspecting the source code: https://github.com/slimcoin-project/Slimcoin and identifying the likely cause of your difficulty.

Cheers

Graham

Unfortunately, I still don't have the knowledge to analyze the code and propose solutions .... but for everything I reported, something less good is happening in this version.

Cheers

Graham

With the command "sendtoaddress " on the console, I can send SLM to another wallet (but the Slimcoin version: v0.6.0.0-g8e9fe2c-alpha client, CLOSES and it is necessary to restart the one in my case it takes about five 30 minutes), which I can't do using the "Send Coins" function.

In short, I don't know why the customer closes after making the transaction and still doesn't understand if using "send coins" gives (Error: Transaction creation failed)
legendary
Shouldn't I have a mempool.dat file in my Slimcoin directory?
No, you'll only find that in clones of Bitcoin 0.15 or later.

Cheers

Graham
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
I believe (please correct if I'm wrong) mempool.dat is a file only present in Bitcoin and coins based on newer Bitcoin code, and that it has nothing to do with Proof of Burn. For example, my Peercoin and Groestlcoin nodes have a mempool.dat, but I think I had never a mempool.dat file in my Slimcoin data directory.

I don't have it, but I'm not PoBing, if nobody answers I'll be able to have a look tomorrow morning on an old computer I was PoBing on and will deliver you the answer.
I understood

Everything ok now

Thanks
Excellent news. Glad you now have full control.

Cheers

Graham

Hello.

legendary
I understood

Everything ok now

Thanks
Excellent news. Glad you now have full control.

Cheers

Graham

Cheers

Graham

Hello

I understood

Everything ok now

Thanks
legendary

Cheers

Graham

thanks

You are welcome! But were you able to solve or at least to improve the situation?

Hello.

Everything is the same.

It seems to me that something is wrong with the "Slimcoin version: v0.6.0.0-g8e9fe2c-alpha".

Example:

Net Burnt Coins = 527.92 SLM
Report (Brun Address) = 528.09 SLM

In other words, not all values go to "Coin Control" so the values are not the same in all fields.

I think some of your burnt coins are already decayed thus there is a difference between what's you originally burned and your net burnt coins balance.

If you are still experiencing the issues with the wallet you can try to add some RAM to your computer it helped me greatly once.

Another idea can be to switch to the previous version of Slimcoin wallet. Have you compiled by yourself or just got the binaries from github?

Hello

I have 8GB of memory (more than enough for any currency).

Going back to a previous version is not going to work ... or else I will lose all the coins burned and some that are being confirmed.

I'm just talking here, because I think slimcoin is an interesting currency and maybe try to help improve the code.
thanks

You are welcome! But were you able to solve or at least to improve the situation?

Hello.

Everything is the same.

It seems to me that something is wrong with the "Slimcoin version: v0.6.0.0-g8e9fe2c-alpha".

Example:

Net Burnt Coins = 527.92 SLM
Report (Brun Address) = 528.09 SLM

In other words, not all values go to "Coin Control" so the values are not the same in all fields.

I think some of your burnt coins are already decayed thus there is a difference between what's you originally burned and your net burnt coins balance.

If you are still experiencing the issues with the wallet you can try to add some RAM to your computer it helped me greatly once.

Another idea can be to switch to the previous version of Slimcoin wallet. Have you compiled by yourself or just got the binaries from github?

Hello

I have 8GB of memory (more than enough for any currency).

Going back to a previous version is not going to work ... or else I will lose all the coins burned and some that are being confirmed.

I'm just talking here, because I think slimcoin is an interesting currency and maybe try to help improve the code.
Pages:
Jump to: