Pages:
Author

Topic: sMerit Post-Review - page 7. (Read 11239 times)

copper member
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
FILIPINO TRANSLATOR
April 03, 2018, 12:17:01 PM
Hi I would like to try again if this post of mine is meritable by any circumstances Smiley thank you.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.33845620
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1123
April 03, 2018, 11:07:39 AM

All of your posts read a bit too conversational to me to be deserving of merit. They don't seem to fit quite what I am looking for, and therefore I won't be giving out any merit at this time.

None of your submissions seem to add anything to the discussion they are in. I just don't feel like your posts even meet the bar for being conversational, they seem to just be insubstantial monologue. I can't, in good conscience, give merit to any of these posts.

If we're being honest, sometimes I like to review posts out of order if the submitter was kind enough to only submit a single post. It makes my job easier a lot of the time, but in this case I unfortunately won't be giving merit to your submission. It seems like you are calling people out for a scam, which is good and should continue if it is valid, but it's just not something I know anything about or am willing to merit at this time.

Pretty much exactly what Blue Tyrant has said. I'm happy HCP gave them a merit for pointing that out. This is exactly the kind of post that I am not meriting. There is no amount of effort or information you could throw into that post to make it worth meriting, unless you completed changed the meaning and content entirely to where it is no longer recognizable. I'm a little upset you've received any merit for this post at all Wink

I do not merit for simply Questions and answers, unless they are my questions that I would like answered. I like to leave meriting Q&A up to those involved within it.
copper member
Activity: 350
Merit: 2
April 03, 2018, 01:53:40 AM
Hello I want to request your review please

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.33810281
copper member
Activity: 70
Merit: 65
IOS - The secure, scalable blockchain
April 02, 2018, 08:25:46 PM
I make a guide for newbies in bountys   Tongue

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3229341.new#new

It's pretty ironic that the entire point of merit was to counter exclusive bounty users, and you're requesting merit for a guide to help out newbie bounty exclusive users Roll Eyes
legendary
April 02, 2018, 08:06:14 PM

I feel like a record when I go through a lot of posts at one time, because it seems to be a pretty common thread for the problems of lower ranking members and their posting habits. I should probably write up a guide for beginner's to take a look at, but I'm not sure if people are truly interested in improving themselves or in being reinforced to believe they are already wonderful. Your posts don't add anything to the discussion I am afraid. They just read boring and conversational.

Formatting is much better this time around; I don't mean to be such a stickler, but it gets out of hand quickly if you don't enforce the rules.

Your first submission is a very interesting post, and in fact is something that I was unaware of. If I find myself ever referencing this thread or if I purchase a nano and bump into your post while setting up such a feature, then I will throw a merit your way. Your next submission has received merit from multiple different users, so I will just leave that the way it is for now.

I have given you a Merit for your blue-chip stock comparison, because I really like that idea. It points out of a lot of things that I hadn't considered, but simply reinforces what I already knew to be true. Very interesting and a discussion I plan to involve myself in ASAP.

Your claiming forks thread is probably helpful to a lot of people, but this kind of information has been beaten like a dead horse if you ask me. I know some people still find this difficult, so I won't give you a hard time about this, but you've already received merit so I'll leave that there.

I am touchy about the subject of ICOs, because of the mindset most of these companies have when entering it, and you have already received merit for this post. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed reviewing your posts. I highly recommend future submissions.

There's something weird about your posts. I can't quite place my finger on it, but none of them will be receiving merit from me at this point. They're located in boards such as off-topic, they are already merited, or they are simply something I am not interested in meriting.

Although, I honestly probably would've merited your thread about warning US investors against Venezuelan investment if there was a reference to a source.

I reviewed your posts out of turn, because you have never received a merit point and I wanted to see if there was something out of place. Turns out, you primarily post in megathreads, or have simple conversational posts that go back and forth with no productivity. You won't be receiving any merit from me until you improve your posting habits and put a little more effort/thought into your posts.
Activity: 532
Merit: 168
hello there
April 02, 2018, 07:58:56 PM
I make a guide for newbies in bountys   Tongue

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3229341.new#new
Activity: 140
Merit: 8
April 02, 2018, 07:32:43 PM
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.33886516

Just one for you to look at. Thanks again for taking the time to review.
legendary
April 02, 2018, 03:35:26 PM

I think you submitted your posts twice, which would be breaking a rule. I don't feel like even searching for it, because I quickly looked through these submissions and none of them will be receiving merit.

Your submissions have already been merited, are in spam megathreads and add nothing to the conversation except the occasional unexplained list.

You have broken a local-rule by submitting more than 5-links for review within a single post. Therefore I will not be reviewing you at this time. Feel free to resubmit your links after you have fully read and understand the OP/rules.

That was probably the single most boring submission I have read all morning. The thread would be no worse off if you never posted that.
legendary
April 02, 2018, 09:18:38 AM

Your submissions are all spam in megathreads that adds nothing to the conversation. Try having an interesting thought or post and stay away from threads with 200+ pages, unless you've read every single reply.

There is no need in self-moderation because I created another thread (locking the old one) where I collect all the important points and wisdoms in the second post (something which I missed to do in the original thread). I hope the new thread would actually develop toward an "ultimate guide" with time.

Well, then I'll make it a point to "Watch" the thread and see where it develops. I will certainly throw a merit your way if I ever find myself referencing it, or running into it as it pertains to my own problems.

Sometimes I honestly believe that people post submissions as a joke. You can't honestly believe that this is worth a merit point, so I'm not going to humor you with suggestions.

No worries about getting over zealous and submitting more than 5-links. It happens to the best of us. Happy to see you've come back so I can actually take a look this time.

I have given your first submission a Merit, because it is an extremely practical suggestion that would be of great benefit to a lot of users. I can see myself using that feature, because normally I have to dig through thread in order to find something in response to myself. I know Ctrl+F fixes this for threads you are already looking at, but you have no idea if a response was directed at you and this would save a lot of time. I expect to respond within that thread when I get a chance. Your second submission has already received a ton of merit, so I'm not going anywhere near that. Wink

Your third submission is a good post, but it is simply not the kind of thing I am seeking to merit within this thread. The same applies for your fourth submission.

Your final submission has been merited a couple times, so I don't see that as particularly under-merited. All in all, I enjoyed reading your submissions and I would encourage future submissions if you are interested in that.
legendary
April 01, 2018, 06:27:42 PM

Nice post, but you've already been merited by multiple different people for that post, so I wouldn't exactly say that it qualifies as under-merited.

None of these posts stick out to me as substantial. I really don't have much more to say other than that, you seem to actually get involved in the conversation, but it doesn't seem like you do much more than that. I feel like there's nothing really interesting being said, and almost all of these submissions are conversational.

Again, very solid post, but the fact that is has received multiple merit from multiple different people tells me that you are going to do just fine. This post does not fit my criteria of under-merited, unfortunately.

You already received a merit point for your first post, so I'll leave that as it is. One of your submissions has been deleted and the other seems to just be agreeing with somebody that is whining about the merit system being unfair. None of these posts go beyond being conversational, so I will have to decline your submissions for merit.
legendary
April 01, 2018, 04:56:45 PM

Your first submissions is sufficiently merited. Your post about Bitcoin anonymity offers nothing, in my opinion. It doesn't explain how to be anonymous using Bitcoin, and fails to explain anything. It looks like a lot of effort went into the post, but that's not what I'm judging by. Honestly, I almost gave a merit to your post explaining a bit about what you should learn to get into Bitcoin, but then I remembered I don't really give merit for questions/answers. I would rely on the person that asked the question to dish this out. The last submission is about something that does not affect me in anyway, and I am not informed enough to make a judgement.

Color me unimpressed. I don't know why you think that simply explaining that "HODL = HOLD" is deserving of merit, but in any case I'm going to have to decline this submission. I'm pretty sure this is something that everybody else is already aware of, if they are not aware of it then you would be better off giving a nuanced opinion about the history and context of it's genesis.

Your first submission has a lie in the first sentence. "advantages of miner is we will get a definite and measurable result" This is 110% false; therefore, no merit. Your other post is the 800th post in a megathread about bounties. Please do not waste my time.

Your first submission has already received merit, and the second submission is simply answering a question. I do not give merit for questions and answers, and I regularly let the person that asked the question be the one that dishes out merit in these cases. The other submissions seem conversational or beyond my scope of something I deem myself able to merit.

Well, that was quick for you; I see megathread, and already merited. No merit for these submissions.
Activity: 163
Merit: 1
ICOForums.net - A Cryptocurrency & ICO Forum
legendary
April 01, 2018, 10:57:36 AM

You've broken a rule by submitting multiple times before I got around to reviewing your first submission. I'm sorry, but now both of your submissions will not be looked at. Please feel free to resubmit one set of posts at time for consideration and review.

Looks like you've already received some merit for this thread, so I'm not going to spend my merit on it. You've mostly thrown together sites that people are already aware of, but I'm sure it's helpful to someone.

All of these posts are either short and strictly conversational or they are buried in a megathread. Either way, these are not something I am interested or willing to merit at this point.

All of these posts are helpful in their own way, but honestly I don't merit posts that are simply answering a question or giving out some help in this manner. It would open up room for too much abuse, but if you were to answer a question that I have then I would be more than willing to share the merit. I'm looking for more universally helpful posts.

"Post #940" is all I need to know about your submission. No thank you.  Tongue
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
April 01, 2018, 09:27:36 AM
Just going to help bill out a wee bit and offer a quick critique of some of the recent hopefuls...

Post #74 in a thread titled "Why use Bitcoin?"
Post #1417 in a thread titled "Bitcoin vs. Money"
Post #2242 in a thread titled "Bitcoin is changing the world"
Post #64 in a thread titled "Still believe in Bitcoin?"

These are pretty much worthless topics, they're essentially just users chatting about nothing (and in some cases just shitposting to increase post counts)... I personally don't think I would find ANY posts in those threads worthy of merit.

You can review and comment: Are these articles eligible for merit? Tks
The first one is (almost) worth a merit... except for the fact that it is a post about how to earn merit... of which there have been approximately 1326523453168979 similar threads in the last month Roll Eyes It isn't really adding anything new or of value to be honest...especially when you say things like:
Hoping for your review sir. Thanks
Putting aside the fact that you can't read the OPs rules and posted 6 links... the fact that your 2nd and 3rd links are pre-labelled as being #984 and #421 kind of gave me a good idea of what to expect before I even clicked on any of your links... I was not at all surprised at what i found Undecided

Post #28 in a thread titled "What does FUD mean?"... defining "FUD" after 26 other people... do you honestly think that post deserves merit? Huh

And your last post isn't even in English... fairly sure that was a rule too.

May i try. Thanks Grin
Unfortunately, that's a no from me... unless you can convince me why a post that basically says "go fuck yourselves, scammers" is worth a merit Roll Eyes

Now, I know I probably come off sounding all arrogant and superior... but like bill gator, I truly do want to help folks earn some merit... but I'm just not seeing many worthy posts here. Undecided I currently have over 100 sMerit to give away... and I'm really struggling to find posts that are NOT:

1. Post #xxxx in a pointless megathread
2. Yet another "how to earn merit" post
3. Random opinion in a "what do you think about XXX?"-type thread
Pages:
Jump to: