Pages:
Author

Topic: [SNRG] 🔥 Synergy 🔥 Cloud.Synergycoin.com Cloud Bot Now Live!! 🔥 - page 59. (Read 162153 times)

legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
The "update wallet" feature would be a first in Crypto. So simple, yet so brilliant!  As far as Rich getting richer, its not about that, if the top holders get rewarded the most, it encourages the bottom holders to buy more , thus raising volume and prices on the exchanges, therefore increasing EVERYONE'S overall value that hold this coin. If the bottom holders get the biggest rewards, whats the incentive to buy more? When there is no more buy interest, the coin dies. Thats simple economics.

Vegas
It's not first in crypto, you should check navajocoin one click update feature.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
The "update wallet" feature would be a first in Crypto. So simple, yet so brilliant!  As far as Rich getting richer, its not about that, if the top holders get rewarded the most, it encourages the bottom holders to buy more , thus raising volume and prices on the exchanges, therefore increasing EVERYONE'S overall value that hold this coin. If the bottom holders get the biggest rewards, whats the incentive to buy more? When there is no more buy interest, the coin dies. Thats simple economics.

Vegas
Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
MOBU
@SockPuppetAccount

Oh...I agree. I'm not trying to say that the early adopters should be penalized. I was an early adopter, but as just an average guy, didn't have 6 GPUs hashing away. In other words...I got smoked, pushed to the bottom of the ladder in the mining phase. Such is life!

Not sure what the real answer is, or for that matter, is there an answer? I believe in SNRG, the community, and the devs. Some unique ideas. Just hoping they don't forget the ppl behind it's growth and look towards gathering more followers. I've been watching a couple of exchanges chat and see many pump n dump altcoins come & go. I don't want SNRG to jump out of the boat, as well.

Staying involved is a key to success.

CapnBDL   Cool
Activity: 882
MiG Messenger - earn while chatting
I was going to quote SockPuppetAccount but it's long, however I truly hope the devs are paying attention. Well said, well phrased, and seemingly well versed on this subject. The 'rich get richer' isn't the way to build our community (ie coin) as it makes for an elite following vs.an open co-op. Setting a ceiling may be one way to curtail this issue. Or 'bottoms-up' staking. lol Don't use that name.
I don't have the answers, but know that questions need to be addressed. I stand by my statement: "Pay attention", lest you lose your base (the little guy) and end up creating a pump n dump situation with massive losses for a majority of smaller holders (Me). Then,... the coin and the SNRG community is dead. I, for one, would hate to see such a bright start at possibilities come to a screeching halt due to lack of vision.

Well thank you, once in a while I make a post around here that proves I have a functioning brain!  Although the idea of "bottom-ups" staking sounds good (and would provide opportunities for jokes and innuendos), it's an idea I've heard tossed around a million times before and no one has ever come up with an answer to the question "why not just make thousands of different addresses then?".  Even if someone could come up with an answer to that problem, I don't think someone should be handicapped for holding a large amount of coins.  It's why I like POS 2.0 so much.  All that matters is keeping your client open 24/7.  The little guy is guaranteed to make gains in his total share of the coins as long as his client is up more than the average.  It's fair and ensures a healthy network.

That being said, I welcome innovation in this endless sea of clones, and maybe turbo staking is just a gimmick in the end but it could be a gimmick that helps to build it's community while the devs work on other tech and updates.  I don't mean to push my idea too hard but I still like my idea of a drastic cut to the multiplier ceiling.  It's simple, fair, and rewards early adopters for getting enough coins early while they are cheap while not punishing later adopters too harshly.  With the marketcap of SNRG as it stands right now, and a max multiplier of 10x, the price would need to rise 100x before buying in for enough coins to consistently maintain the max multiplier would begin to be considered "expensive".  This ensures a healthy demand for the coin as well.  It would take nothing but 100 stakers looking to get enough coins to max the multiplier to drastically push the price higher and create a highly competitive and secure POS network.

I don't have time to put out the performance update tonight, but I have all the coding done. This update will drastically speed up synchronization of Turbo Stake blocks as well as speed up launching the wallet.

I decided to make updating the wallet a one-click operation (almost). I'm pretty thrilled about it because I made a catchall procedure that can fix just about any wallet problem with a single menu selection. Right now, it's called "Update Wallet", but the name may change. I might be overly excited about it, but I believe this unique bit of Synergy tech will prevent many, many headaches in both users devs.

I'll have the release ready tomorrow, but for now here's what it looks like in the file menu.

And yes, we are listening to your opinions very closely.

This is awesome.  As someone who is generally staking a dozen different coins at a time, if devs used this feature + network alerts to say "hey, update now!", it would definitely save me a load of headaches.  I imagine this will be standard procedure one day, but I won't forget who did it first  Wink
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Grandpa Jones. Are you serious? This is awesome. Honestly, this is something that has been lacking in crypto wallets for ages and is such a hold back for the industry. Wallet upgrades should be easy, if this works as you say that is AMAZING.

Not everyone knows how to upgrade their wallet, or how to AT ALL!
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

I don't have time to put out the performance update tonight, but I have all the coding done. This update will drastically speed up synchronization of Turbo Stake blocks as well as speed up launching the wallet.

I decided to make updating the wallet a one-click operation (almost). I'm pretty thrilled about it because I made a catchall procedure that can fix just about any wallet problem with a single menu selection. Right now, it's called "Update Wallet", but the name may change. I might be overly excited about it, but I believe this unique bit of Synergy tech will prevent many, many headaches in both users devs.

I'll have the release ready tomorrow, but for now here's what it looks like in the file menu.

And yes, we are listening to your opinions very closely.
MOBU
I was going to quote SockPuppetAccount but it's long, however I truly hope the devs are paying attention. Well said, well phrased, and seemingly well versed on this subject. The 'rich get richer' isn't the way to build our community (ie coin) as it makes for an elite following vs.an open co-op. Setting a ceiling may be one way to curtail this issue. Or 'bottoms-up' staking. lol Don't use that name.
I don't have the answers, but know that questions need to be addressed. I stand by my statement: "Pay attention", lest you lose your base (the little guy) and end up creating a pump n dump situation with massive losses for a majority of smaller holders (Me). Then,... the coin and the SNRG community is dead. I, for one, would hate to see such a bright start at possibilities come to a screeching halt due to lack of vision.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 505
basically i Like this coin
Activity: 882
MiG Messenger - earn while chatting
On June 4th I had about 2.37% of the total coins.  Not the largest holder but I am sure far from the smallest either.  I had a busy weekend and haven't paid attention to the client much, but have been staking nonstop.  Possibly my results would have been different if I were recombining my smaller blocks back together on a more regular basis, possibly not.  The highest I was able to get my turbo stake multiplier up to is 85x.  As of right now, my total share of the coins has fallen from 2.37% to 2.17%.

It seems my fears of turbo-staking turning into a "rich get richer" system are coming true.  Right now I am protected by the guarantee, so I'm not worried, but if turbo stake were to continue on in some form after the initial 30 days it would need to be massively overhauled.  No one is going to want to buy and stake SNRG if the best case scenario is optimizing your staking strategy to minimize your losses, while the biggest wallets continually max out the 288x multiplier.  I mean, if I can go from 2.37% to 2.17% in just a few days, I imagine the even littler guys who were only able to get their multiplier up to 20x or 40x are doing worse.  Extrapolate this out to a longer time span, and it is simply a losing proposition to hold and stake SNRG.

The current course of action has turbo staking expiring on schedule, all those who staked the entire time compensated by the guarantee, turbo stake written off as a failed but interesting experiment, and hopefully the coin is able to find a following and becoming successful based on further developments and features.  IF turbo staking were to continue on though, the only way I see it working is if the max multiplier were drastically cut, like down to 10x.  This encourages anyone staking to purchase enough coins to only have to stake 0.7% of all blocks in a 48 hour period.  Since not all coins will be staking at a given time, this should be achievable with even less than 0.7% of all the coins if they stake 24/7.  This caps the max inflation at 100% annually before considering compound interest, so it is relatively high POS but not anything too insane to where it would need to be reduced anytime soon.  It allows the little guy to get in on the action for a price that should remain relatively affordable for the foreseeable future and encourages him to keep his client open 24/7.

As CapnBDL pointed out, you need to pay attention to the little guy because the way for a young coin to gain a community and become successful is not to have a small handful of massive holders hoarding all coins and continually out-staking their holdings into irrelevance.
MOBU
All of the ideas put forth sound great...in general....however, you 'big-timers' should really be thinking about us little guys. We don't own it all, but just enough to cause real losses to everybody. In my book..that is NOT an option. I'm riding this train to the end of the line, and most others I had communication with agree. Some....NOT. Maybe the best idea would be to award those that have hung in, with very little, & THAT should be rewarded. After all, isn't it true that without the little vote...anybody can be the President. Just sayin'!! Think folks...think. Everybody wants to be the 'big-dog' on the block...except, without the 'small-dog', who ya gonna rule. We walk away...you go down. Lets not forget that, ...we won't!!
Activity: 168
Back from a little vacation and it's great to see some productive conversation in the thread!

If there's anyone who wants to join the Slack channel that hasn't already please shoot me a PM.
legendary
I understand your possible concerns. But I really think that turbo staking awesome and somehow -most probably because alt markets suck atm- this new tech didn't get the much attention it deserved. The total supply is way low compared to other coins aswell. Just wanted to extend turbo staking so it will eventually get some interest. If you know what I mean. I didn't check turbo code so my ideas kinda are just theories. Some other possibilities could be discussed but I don't know if the code will let you. Something like after 2 days the annual pos kicks in but if you hold more than 7 days turbo staking kicks in and the max age could be 10 days. And this could be forever, without the halving.

Just throwing in some ideas.

As for the guarantee, it should be only for the first 30 days as you stated before.

Excellent Ideas. Just want to add my approval.

1. End guarantee after 30 days.
2. Maybe 1/2 the rewards every 30 days.
3. Something that paycon did was a surprise megastake for a few days where wallet rewards were 4x, 8x 10x. This would be for about 1-2 days so it would attract buyers, keep things interesting, without inflating the coin. You would have to fork it, but it would be so worth it!! Maybe choose one day were the reward stake would be 10x AND maybe the turvo stake could go as high as 400x turbo maybe for that 24 hours only. So in the end, if you half the rewards, and do "superstake days", your inflation would be less than it is now. The goal is keeping money supply rare, while attracting investors.
4. The ONLY reason people are buying this coin is because of the turbo stake feature. *IF* that should end, there would be a massive selloff a few days before our first 30 days of staking are finished.
5. Another idea is turbo stake max cap is based off how much is in your wallet. So 1000 coins is 10x, 2000 coins 25x, 5000 coins 100x 7500 150x, 10,000 coins 200x, and 20,000 coins 400x and 50,000 coins 500x
  Again these are just rough numbers that will have people scrambling to buy as much as they can. Most people will fall at the bottom, keeping inflation low, while interest and buy support high.

The heart and value in this coin is the turbo stake, lets keep using it to keep the coins value and interest high. Ask for suggestions from the users. We are very creative people

Vegas

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Infected Mushroom
I understand your possible concerns. But I really think that turbo staking awesome and somehow -most probably because alt markets suck atm- this new tech didn't get the much attention it deserved. The total supply is way low compared to other coins aswell. Just wanted to extend turbo staking so it will eventually get some interest. If you know what I mean. I didn't check turbo code so my ideas kinda are just theories. Some other possibilities could be discussed but I don't know if the code will let you. Something like after 2 days the annual pos kicks in but if you hold more than 7 days turbo staking kicks in and the max age could be 10 days. And this could be forever, without the halving.

Just throwing in some ideas.

As for the guarantee, it should be only for the first 30 days as you stated before.
I haven't sold 1 single coin yet. I am at 4th phase of my turbo staking atm. I do have a request. This will most probably require a hard fork so you might wanna kick in other developments with it for multiple hardforks. How about increasing the turbo staking period by 2 months? The supply is already low. But nevertheless I think increasing the turbo stake period will boost the interest.

Another suggetion is to make turbo staking constant but halving / decreasing the interest each month / each year. This would also be perfect and encourage people to buy and stake. Some people might think it's too late. If you know what I mean.

So for first month interest is %20 x turbo stake
Second month interest is %20 / 2 turbo stake
Third month interest is %20 / 3 turbo stake
Forth month interest rate is %20 / 4 turbo stake

Please let me know what you think?

Your idea is interesting and has some merits. I especially like the tapered rates, which would have been good to put in the original implementation. But I am leaning against your proposal for a couple of reasons.

• It will require a hard fork and I hate those. We've already had two, which have caused a lot of confusion among users and lots of work on my part.
  • It's unclear what the terms of the Turbo Stake Guarantee would be if Turbo Stake were extended. Do we wait until after the extended Turbo Stake? Offer two separate Guarantees? Or simply end the Guarantee at the original Turbo Stake period and have a caveat emptor policy for the extension?
  • Other undiscovered problems that accompany all new code.

The team will discuss your ideas soon.

We should have a performance update tonight. It will make startup faster and also improve syncing the Turbo Stake blocks. I've got most of the speedup code written. I noticed also that Turbo Stake blocks sync very slow for the same reasons that startup is slow: much unnecessary disk access and script processing. So sync should be faster too with the update. I discovered the sync slowness late yesterday, so I still need to write that code.

I'll try to make the wallet.dat update mostly automated through the GUI, without the need for using the console. I haven't done the automating yet, so it may add another day to this release. I'll try not to get bogged down on the hooking up the GUI if it is a lot of work because it's not essential. It only saves the user a few minutes and a minimal amount of hassle.

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Infected Mushroom
Agreed. I dont trust too many coins, but this dev has been active and on top of everything, and works just as advertised!

There is still LOADS of time to turbostake as is says 30 days after pow, and coin was born on May 26th.Dev , can you give us the exact last date of the turbostake?

Vegas

The last time for Turbo Stake will be Thu, 25 Jun 2015 06:03:07 GMT. That is 2:03:07 AM Eastern time, June 25.

I haven't sold 1 single coin yet. I am at 4th phase of my turbo staking atm. I do have a request. This will most probably require a hard fork so you might wanna kick in other developments with it for multiple hardforks. How about increasing the turbo staking period by 2 months? The supply is already low. But nevertheless I think increasing the turbo stake period will boost the interest.

Another suggetion is to make turbo staking constant but halving / decreasing the interest each month / each year. This would also be perfect and encourage people to buy and stake. Some people might think it's too late. If you know what I mean.

So for first month interest is %20 x turbo stake
Second month interest is %20 / 2 turbo stake
Third month interest is %20 / 3 turbo stake
Forth month interest rate is %20 / 4 turbo stake

Please let me know what you think?
legendary
Activity: 994
Guys, you know, yesterday i bought some at 7k, now SNRG is 7k again lol
If you want your fav coin go down please send me some BTC, then i will buy some of your fav coin and you will see that coin will go down lol
This is my fukin luck
Agreed. I dont trust too many coins, but this dev has been active and on top of everything, and works just as advertised!

There is still LOADS of time to turbostake as is says 30 days after pow, and coin was born on May 26th.Dev , can you give us the exact last date of the turbostake?

Vegas

The last time for Turbo Stake will be Thu, 25 Jun 2015 06:03:07 GMT. That is 2:03:07 AM Eastern time, June 25.

legendary

Vegas
Activity: 798
I've noticed a couple of possible improvements, which I hope haven't been a drag on this coin:

1. Since launch we have only had one seed node live. You can see from the hard-coded seed nodes, we meant to have more, but the frenzy of launch and everything afterwards caused us to overlook the fact that we didn't put up as many seed nodes as we intended. This means that some people may not be able to immediately join the network because the one seed node we are running has the maximum connections. I just realized this problem minutes ago. I'll get up a couple more seed nodes within a few hours.

2. After the initial application launch, the splash screen may disappear for anywhere from 2 seconds to 2 minutes before the main Qt window appears. I realized that this is because the wallet is calculating your Turbo Stake multiplier for every one of your staking transactions. Calculating the multiplier is computationally expensive because your wallet needs to convert about 1440 addresses for each one of your stakes. If you have built up hundreds of stakes, these calculations can take a long time. Right now, I'm working on code that will store multipliers in your wallet and speed up launch considerably. I'll have further instructions about how to upgrade your wallet once I release these improvements.

This is a honest and active Dev, I don't understand why this coin not 100K yet?
I've noticed a couple of possible improvements, which I hope haven't been a drag on this coin:

1. Since launch we have only had one seed node live. You can see from the hard-coded seed nodes, we meant to have more, but the frenzy of launch and everything afterwards caused us to overlook the fact that we didn't put up as many seed nodes as we intended. This means that some people may not be able to immediately join the network because the one seed node we are running has the maximum connections. I just realized this problem minutes ago. I'll get up a couple more seed nodes within a few hours.

2. After the initial application launch, the splash screen may disappear for anywhere from 2 seconds to 2 minutes before the main Qt window appears. I realized that this is because the wallet is calculating your Turbo Stake multiplier for every one of your staking transactions. Calculating the multiplier is computationally expensive because your wallet needs to convert about 1440 addresses for each one of your stakes. If you have built up hundreds of stakes, these calculations can take a long time. Right now, I'm working on code that will store multipliers in your wallet and speed up launch considerably. I'll have further instructions about how to upgrade your wallet once I release these improvements.
Pages:
Jump to: